• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Determining how much Adderall is too much?

Legally High

Bluelighter
Summary: when do you know you have had enough?

Some days I will take 100mg of Vyvanse, but the last couple days I have been using some Adderall. Strangely I do not feel much very long even though I took 30mg this morning and another 15mg at work. I amm home now and sleepy. Trying to decide if I should have another round because it is Friday evening and I am in bed. But at the same time I do not know how hard it is on my body even though my mind does not feel overstimulated.

Are you taking it recreationally (to get high)? Or prescribed for a medical reason like ADHD?

I am prescribed I am not trying to get spun out just energized, and focus. I also take kratom I think this may be responsible, blunting the stimulant.

Amphetamine is a very unpredictable drug, one day it can make you feel sharp and witty off 20mg then the next day you feel zombified at 30mg. It's just the nature of the drug, for the most consistent effect possible you're going to need to take at least a few days in between uses. Even if your use is purely medicinal it will still take your brain time to recover.

I'm sorry if I have a duplicate post on here, this new phone ia very irritating.
For me, drugs like Kratom, or Bupe for that matter seem to do the opposite of "blunting" the effects of adderall or other amphetamines. For me, i cant even enjoy adderall at all without an opioid, such as bupe, whether it's due to the fact I'm an opioid addict and have an imbalance without it, I don't know. Bupe seems to enhance and brings out the most enjoyable effects of adderall, I feel no residual effects of an opioid at all. It seems when I take adderall by itself, I feel every single negative side effect of the adderall, increased anxiety, heck I don't feel any euphoria at All. Feels like the l-amp overrides everything. Can anyone relate to this?

Amphetamines, no matter what variety, develop tolerance at a pretty fast rate and I think that that is your primary problem. I'm curious as to your meaning though in your original post. Are you implying that you're using 100mg Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) and the Mixed Amphetamine Salts (Adderall) simultaneously or that you substitute them based upon availability or some other variable. At any rate, Amphetamines actually have a very wide therapeutic index. You can take quite a bit without experiencing any kind of emergent or even long-lasting health consequences.

When you're ordering, say, Methamphetamine by the gram and are going all out for days or even weeks straight, things become different. Uncontrolled, compulsive Amphetamine usage can quickly leave your mind and body in tatters. What you're doing sounds like some light recreational usage that, although it can make you less-functional, is not likely to do the same sort of damage that Meth addiction could. Either way, Amphetamines are highly addictive and you should always plan for the potentiality of addiction and compulsive usage coming into play.

@ opiatecrzy I can relate 100%. And although I no longer take bupe or benzos, when I take amphs it is still a overall negative experience.

Today I took 50mg Vyvanse when I woke up, which did not do it so I took Adderall through the day totaling around 90mg of Adderall. And still was tired. Which is extremely not normal for me. Switching my celexa manufacturer recently caused my mood to drop so I will try increasing it to get the previous effect.

I do not plan on dabbling with amphs tomorrow, just a Vyvanse and if needed caffeine.

Last edited:
Amphetamine is a very unpredictable drug, one day it can make you feel sharp and witty off 20mg then the next day you feel zombified at 30mg. It's just the nature of the drug, for the most consistent effect possible you're going to need to take at least a few days in between uses. Even if your use is purely medicinal it will still take your brain time to recover.

I've found this to be true also but you are the first person here I've heard agree with me.

I've said I've gotten tired off of doses of Adderal/Dex/Vyvanse and asked why and no one was able to give me a reason.

Why is it that the same dose of Amphetamine can actually make a person TIRED at times?

How can a stimulant technically make a person tired while it is still an upper?

I mean is that what you meant by "zombified"? Like, tired and shitty feeling?

And how do you think people can increase their chances of feeling good while taking Amphetamine while avoiding the bad effects?

Like, if I sleep really badly I almost always get good effects from Amp, but if I sleep ok it's less likely to work and also, if I combine it with Kratom I almost always have a great experience.

But amp my itself is very fickle.

Any advice on getting more consistent results or reasoning why it could possibly make me and others tired instead of stimulated at times?

I'm sorry if I have a duplicate post on here, this new phone ia very irritating.
For me, drugs like Kratom, or Bupe for that matter seem to do the opposite of "blunting" the effects of adderall or other amphetamines. For me, i cant even enjoy adderall at all without an opioid, such as bupe, whether it's due to the fact I'm an opioid addict and have an imbalance without it, I don't know. Bupe seems to enhance and brings out the most enjoyable effects of adderall, I feel no residual effects of an opioid at all. It seems when I take adderall by itself, I feel every single negative side effect of the adderall, increased anxiety, heck I don't feel any euphoria at All. Feels like the l-amp overrides everything. Can anyone relate to this?

Absolutely.

Just like I said in my last post, if I combine Kratom with Adderall/Dex/Vyvanse it is almost always great but if I do an Amp by itself it might make me feel like shit with bad side effects.

However, if I sleep really badly or very little then I will usually get a good effect from the Amp, but if I sleep ok and take Amps without taking Kratom then I can usually expect it's going to make me feel bad.

I just don't get it and wish I could just get more consistent results cause I can always take Kratom when I take Adderall since I don't like to take Kratom more than 3 days a week cause I don't want to become dependent.

It very well could be the brand of Adderall. The original Adderall manufactured by Shire was a completely and much more therapeutic drug. I take a 100mg of Mydayis as it is manufactured by Shire. Vyvanse had no effect whatsoever on me, I gave up after four days. GlaxoSmithKiline Dexedrine was beneficial when they discontinued it in 06 that I went from A's to academic probation. I was also on 100mg of Dexedrine. I hand pick my psychiatrist as most won't go near those doses. Vyvanse is horrible it converts to d-amphetamine, but not with me. At 70mg Vyvanse is supposed to equal 30 milligrams of dextroamphetamine. To sum it up generic Adderall is not even worth taking. I have taken amphetamines for 20 years and never abused them. I don't agree that Adderall is anywhere as dangerous as m.

I take it when needed, mostly four days a week. I am prescribed it though.
I also take vitamins that help counteract neurotoxicity and heart stress, ect...
I'd say, take it responsibly - but if you are going to take more than the recommended dosage, be sure to calculate dosages along with your body weight. Stay hydrated, eat regularly, and exercise.
A good friend of mine use to say, "Do the drug, don't let the drug do you".

On a side note, I'm new to BL and have tried using the search for a specific forum/thread category, but it just filters out my search and gives me mixed results with
forums that are irrelevant to my sought after type of thread. Could a senior Bluelighter help a brother out, and maybe paste a link to the type of thread I'm looking for. (I've tried Google as well with threads that have only been pruned)

Back when I was a BL lurker, and not a member, I came across this thread with this post. The thread was on cleaning/extracting AMP salts from Adderall.

Here's the copied/pasted post from that pruned thread:

"Wash with minimal dry acetone 2x, keep in-solubles. Dissolve insolubles in minimal distilled water (amp salts are very soluble in water), filter insolubles out, keep water & evap."

"If you want the best possible purity, wash with dry acetone 2x, take insolubles and mix 1:1 with caoh (pickling lime, hydrated lime, etc. available at alot of grocery stores/garden supply stores, also check mexican grocery stores as its used in making tortillias) and add enough water to make a paste. Stir, and let it react for 30 min, then spread out the paste on a pyrex dish and dry it. Take dried paste (which contains amp freebase) and pull with minimal dry acetone 2-3x, filter and discard insolubles. Take acetone containing your freebase amphetamine, and if you can/know how to do so safely, gas it with hcl to get amphetamine hcl crystals to precipitate. Filter off and keep the very pure amp hcls, discard acetone. If you can't do hcl gas, fumaric acid can be dissolved in acetone to make fasa (fumaric acid saturated acetone). Add this to the freebase amp containing acetone to precipitate amphetamine fumarates. Add fasa then wait until its not cloudy anymore, and add more fasa until it stops clouding when its added. Excess fumaric acid will remain in the acetone along with acetone soluble binders, amphetamine fumarate should be insoluble and precipitate as crystals. If you have dry acetone, this works very well to get high purity crystal salts whether you gas it with hcl or use fasa. Not really worth the effort with small amounts though."

From <http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/617177-Simple-Step-by-Step-Adderall-IR-Pill-Extraction>

I have a friend who is prescribed adderall as well. He is learning more about organic chemistry, but wants to clean up his adderall, as not to take the binders/fillers.
He tried this method, but was looking for a forum or thread that he could repost this in, so hopefully someone would be kind enough to clarify this process.
He doesn't understand a few of the terms used in this post, and had a few questions for a willing chemist or someone who understands this process.
To him, it was a good post, but some of it is too vague for him to understand apparently - He tried this technique with the FASA method, but there was no precipitate in the end result.

If anyone here could help me to help him, it would be much appreciated. And I understand that this thread title has nothing to do with extraction. So, if this isn't the place for that discussion, would somebody
kindly refer me to a thread or forum where I could get a more detailed explanation on this technique?

Thank you, and God bless.