• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why do dealers all seem to have such a fucked sense of timing?

FunctionlJnkieGal

Bluelighter
They operate on what I like to call "drug dealer time", meaning if they say they'll be there in 15min they actually mean an hour or so, if they say "tonight" they really mean the following morning or afternoon, and if they say "today" that translates to "I'm gonna take my time and put it off til the end of the day to come through". Pretty much every single dealer I've had operates this way and I can't help but wonder this: Are they doing it just for shits and giggles to annoy us or is there some logical reason for doing this, like to throw off the cops/mislead them by making it more difficult to track/locate them (to avoid a possible bust)? *He's never early, he's always late. First thing you learn is that you always gotta wait" - Lou Reed wasn't bullshitting when he wrote that lyric.

Powder power mate. They always tell you "5 minutes" or "just around the corner" so that you don't fuck off and score somewhere else. I've told many a dealer "look mate, just be honest with me, I'll still score off you but give me a realistic time so I'm not stood in a fuckin alley for 3 hours and bringing it on top." Did they listen? Did they fuck!

Exactly what Fubar said, they're just trying to keep you from scoring elsewhere.

If you think a day is bad, don't ever do meth... when I was dealing 30 minutes, usually meant Tuesday if today was Friday... because I'd flip shit and shut my phone off for days then act like nothing happened.

Omg i can definitely relate. ALL the heroin dealers in my area are this way. It's annoying as fuck. And all my friends agree

That's why i like my middle, although they have to rely on some shit dealers and they are the same way. The thing is though i'll just wait for them to say they've got it, then head out, pick up, and be on my way. Unless i'm the impatient one and can't wait for them to say they've got the product in hand, i'll never be waiting.

sometimes they know their buyer depends on them for an advantageous price/reliable purity/close-by location.

a dealer might be trying to arrange multiple deals within the same hour, and then prioritize by who their friends are, who is buying the most, who they can rip off the easiest, etc.

in the worst of cases, the dealer is also using and this turns them into a flaky piece of shit.

the common thread between all dealers tends to be that they understand demand. people will buy from them no matter what, given enough desperation (read: addiction). and in the case of psychedelics, if you only know one guy in town with white on white or hawaiian cyanescens, well, you'll buy from him even if he does blow you off once or twice.

Lack of any real market pressure to be more punctual, and in most cases a lack of any sense of moral obligation to be either more punctual or more honest about their lack of punctuality.

You know how one human year is supposedly the equivalent of seven dog years? Well dealers work on a similar timescale. We are their dogs and they are the masters. They say an hour, and actually turn up seven fuckin hours later.

Cunts!

Right. It seems to be the biggest issue with my opiate hookups. Weed dealers I've dealt with seem to be a bit more reliable in terms of timing.

I definitely think FUBAR and Bptubb's hit the nail on the head, but wanted to add one more. If the dealer uses his own drugs sometimes they forget. My buddy used to sell his prescriptions, but without fail we would be rolling a blunt or something and he'd get a call from some dude saying he's been waiting 30 min. My friend would say 10 min and then 30 min later after we finished the blunt he would head out.

Lol this seems to be a problem all over the world, no mater where you are. Here by me we call it nigey time. The famous, im around the corner or im at the robot or you will see me now responses. But the last dealer i had was operating from his house, so it was as simple as ringing the door bell, waiting a min or two and then you out of there stash and all in hand and happy. BUt either way, they dont really care how long you wait, because even if you do strip your "moer" they have another 10-20 customers waiting for the same thing as you..

You know how one human year is supposedly the equivalent of seven dog years? Well dealers work on a similar timescale. We are their dogs and they are the masters. They say an hour, and actually turn up seven fuckin hours later.

Cunts!

"He's never early, he's always late
First thing you learn is that you always gotta wait"

True words from Lou (recorded in 1966 - and written in '65 or so i believe).
Always has been a thing, and i guess it always will be while shit is illegal.

I don't have an explanation, I've never been a drug dealer, but I completely agree about the phenomenon, and yes, dealer time is awful.

"how long will you be?"

I'll be an hour
*1 hour later*
I'll be about half an hour
*1 hour later*
I'll be another 15 minutes
*1 hour later*
Im right around the corner.
*one hour later they finally show*

It's infuriating. God only knows how much time of my life ive spent waiting for dealers.

ShewasLv18, my main dealer uses all the drugs he sells as far as I know (meth, morphine, xanny, weed, etc.), just doesn't use the opiates in excess like I do. He told me at the most, he'll take up to 120mg of morphine at the time. I take up to 300mg at once on a weekend binge. Spacejunk, I love that song! Lou Reed understands. Haha.

Every dealer I've ever dealt with that wasn't big-time and didn't use was a cheat or had shit product.

I definitely got sick of those games after a decade or so... now it's at the point where i overpay for weaker product just to go through a dude that acts mostly professionally, almost always there within 10min of meeting time; waiting 30-60 minutes is a once a month thing, more than that a once a year thing. And the never running out and being available every day of the year buys a lot of forgiveness for weak product too. He's a dude like bptubbs said... smokes weed, but doesn't use the h he sells.

Heroin dealers are the worst. I can't even estimate the amount of time I've spent waiting in parking lots

Heroin dealers are the worst. I can't even estimate the amount of time I've spent waiting in parking lots

A-fuckin-men. And it's not exactly smart to wind up spending hours in a car pack cause they've been saying "it'll be another 20 minutes" for hours. Cause that's not suspicious at all.

It's especially bad if you're in a hot neighborhood, where cops and thugs are roaming around and you're sitting in your car, hoping you won't get any strange and awkward looks or cops rolling past you, profiling and making assumptions which is most likely correct.