• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone to relieve tramadol withdrawal, is it okay?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey ppl.

My mum has ran out of her Tramadol and is unable to get her new prescription till a later date of no fault of her own. There was a cock up at the pharmacy. She only takes 100mg daily.

I'm on Oxycodone IR 120mg daily for chronic nerve pain. I was wondering whether it would be okay if I gave my mum some 10mg capsules of my Oxycodone? Will that relieve her pain and withdrawal? Help greatly appreciated!!

It should relieve her pain depending on how she reacts to them. It will alleviate some of the withdrawal but tramadol is also an SNRI therefore she might still feel a little strange due to that aspect of the withdrawal. The symptoms of opiate withdrawal should be nonexistent though.

It should relieve her pain depending on how she reacts to them. It will alleviate some of the withdrawal but tramadol is also an SNRI therefore she might still feel a little strange due to that aspect of the withdrawal. The symptoms of opiate withdrawal should be nonexistent though.
Good answer. Wish I had oxy while going through tramadol withdrawal, not many people realize how horrific it is. Buying some kratom is another option although getting the dose right might take her some time.

Yes, this should be totally acceptable. Tramadol (Ultram) is also an SNRI which modulates some of its end-point analgesic effects but for the most part, it is just another Opioid agonist. Make sure you use an Opioid dose calculator or application before just dosing wildly. You should be able to easily ascertain the appropriate dose needed to mitigate withdrawal.

If she only takes ~100mgs per day, then she *should* be fine on 10mg 2-3x per day; honestly it’s a low dose and hard to convert

150mg =!~20mg oxy, range 15 - 30ng

so start low and slow, honestly if she’s taking, sat, 50 no twice per day, then 5ng tid should suffice m

It shouldn’t be too hard to figure out

Luck - Lorne/Pickle Rick

I came across your response and found super helpful ? However, I recently found an option to go the other direction. Getting off a long term Oxy habit by using Tramadol. I actually found a lot of info about it but had to dig. It's not advertised like Suboxone/Methadone, however there has been some blind studies where patients were given 1 of the 3 and did much better with the Tramadol, which is by far the least strong and although W/Ds with all, less with Tramdol. You hear so many stories of people saying they curse the day they decided to get on Subox as they can't get off. All I know is that to date it's been the ONLY thing that has worked after many attempts, tapering, Kratom, cold turkey, etc. Switched from 60-80mg per day to 150-200mg Tramadol HCL (not long acting). Since you had a good calculation for going the other way, wondered what you thought? Some WD, mild though, and pretty much gone now at 4 days out, chills, GI upset/bathroom visit, low energy but manageable and nowhere in the ballpark of regular WDs from oxy. Probably main difference is no emotional side effects. Had just started Wellbutrin like 2 days prior and immediately decided after reading that tgry noth lower seizure threshold not to take those together. Have to say the seizure risk of Tramadol scares the crap out of me and wondering if the WDs from this will be as bad as Oxys? If so, I am just delaying the misery, like trying to get out of jail for free. Figured since it is way less strong of a opioid WDs have to be less? Actually, truth be told, I am mostly just happy that I have a brain back on Tramafol. Oxy stole my life, so even if I have to be on Tramadol for a bit to overcome the overwhelming addiction to Oxy, I am cool with that, but ideally want to get back to the days where it was just me facing life without my crutch and rather deal with the physical pain than live with the pain that Oxy inflicted on my life, that's way more painful than any physical pain I could experience. Would like to run as fast as possible away from the monster that stole some years of my life. Any info on Tramadol though would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!!! ?