• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Kratom left teen with brain damage, mom's lawsuit claims

BraindamagedbyKrat

Greenlighter
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/...en-with-brain-damage-moms-lawsuit-claims.html

A Florida mother claims her daughter's kratom tea habit left her with brain damage, and is suing the three establishments her child used to frequent for negligence.

Mary Tabar, whose 19-year-old daughter Brette allegedly suffered psychotic episodes in March, claims that the herbal remedy left the teen with frontal lobe damage.
Tabar's lawsuit claims the tea is "a dangerous product that has certainly caused injury to people, and it has certainly caused injury to our client," according to the Tampa Bay Times.

There are no FDA-approved uses for kratom, with the agency warning that it could have properties that expose users to the risks of addiction, abuse and dependence. Some claim that it can be used to treat opioid withdrawal symptoms, but the FDA warns that there is no reliable evidence to support that theory.

The agency has called for more research into the substance, while warning consumers "not to use any products labeled as containing the botanical substance kratom or its psychoactive compounds, mitragynine and 7-hydroxmitragynine."

The FDA has linked the substance to 44 deaths in the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can attest to this as Kratom has left me with e-retarded symptoms that ecstacy users suffer. Except I have never done ecstasy/mdma and it’s been going on for more than two years. Still haven’t recovered.

^Care to elaborate a bit regarding your symptoms and how you?re sure that Kratom (something that?s has been used in the east for hundreds of years) is the cause of your ?ahem? E-tardeness? Oh, and what a surprise it?s a FOX article. Never thought these words would come out of my mouth but this reeks of FAKE NEWS. Nowhere in the article does it mention any medical professional’s opinion or any sort of testing to verify this ?Frontal lobe damage?. It?s almost as if her daughter was acting up one day and the mother decided ?Oh shit, you must have brain damage?. Do you think the FDA is paying Fox outright or are they running this smear campaign for free?

Last edited:
Great, this is all we fucking need right now.

NO: Kratom cannot cause brain damage.

I don't care who thinks it can, there's no fucking way.

That doesn't mean people can't have negative interactions with it, they can, but I do not believe it can cause brain damage or kill anyone.

I mean I've never even heard of anyone getting brain damage from Oxycodone or Hydro or any REAL opiates, never even heard of it happening with heroin.

Can ANY opioids actually result in brain damage, minus say, putting someone in a coma or something?

I honestly don't think we should even be posting this stuff right now.

Kratom is in a precarious spot and on the edge of being illegal.

We need to keep it legal and I honestly wouldn't post negative shit about it now.

I'm not even sure that the OP isn't someone who is hired by the FDA or DEA to try to make it sound bad.

I mean probably not cause that's kind of paranoid, but it's someone who wants to make it look bad.

So NO, fuck that, Kratom cannot cause brain damage.

But Levi Love, owner of Mad Hatter’s, told Tampa Bay Times that his bartenders explain the tea's properties to the customers and help guide them. He also disputed that Tabar’s daughter was a frequent customer.
“I think it’s completely unfounded,” he said, of Tabar’s claims. “Being around people who drink kratom and use it regularly, I’ve never seen these symptoms or heard of them. Never a psychotic episode and certainly not hallucinating or brain damage.”

OP, this is not the time for this.

Do you want Kratom to be illegal?

Do you want people to lose their rights to use something that can treat opioid addiction, pain, anxiety and depression?

If you don't want to use it then dont' use it but stop spreading misinformation.

^I do not mean to sound offensive but I think it is very likely that the OP is trolling and for whatever reason actually does want Kratom to be illegal. Probably had a reaction to something and for whatever reason decided to blame the Kratom.

^I do not mean to sound offensive but I think it is very likely that the OP is trolling and for whatever reason actually does want Kratom to be illegal. Probably had a reaction to something and for whatever reason decided to blame the Kratom.

I'm not offended at all. I think you are probably right.

It annoys me when people act like substances should be illegal just because they reacted badly to them.

Yeah he created his account here just to post this article and then comment on it. Although only time will tell, I highly doubt we'll see another post by OP aside from maybe a response here and possibly other articles intended to induce hysteria.

Heroin, etc. can cause brain damage if taken at extremely high dosages; it will cause the pons to slow breathing to a point where the brain becomes oxygen deprived.

DEA tries to emergncy schedule Kratom. Doesn't work. DEA is now super pissed and you know they are working hard to ban it by sketchy shit.

This article is completely fake. I mean what better way to fuck off Kratom than posting shit like this on one of the most looked at drug forums?

^I do not mean to sound offensive but I think it is very likely that the OP is trolling and for whatever reason actually does want Kratom to be illegal.

And that same personality creates an account right away under a new name and posts either it destroyed my liver or any other BS. Go check the kratom thread. Sorry but nonsense is easy to spot. So I ask that person why the vendetta? Did your girlfriend/boyfriend run off with a kratom vendor?