Study Longer Higher Dose AAS = More Long-Term Sexual Dysfunction

CFC

Bluelight Crew
I'm not sure how many saw this study that was recently released:

Impact of anabolic androgenic steroids on sexual function ( 2018 )

The long-term impact of high dose AAS use on sexual function remains poorly defined. Although high T dosages appeared to be protective of erectile function during use, de novo symptoms such as decreased libido and ED occurred more frequently after discontinuing T, particularly among those using more frequently and for longer durations. Given the importance of these findings, long-term studies evaluating the impacts of discontinuing T on sexual dysfunction are indicated.

http://tau.amegroups.com/article/view/19737/19874

Ok so pretty obvious, you might say, given what we know anecdotally. However what's more interesting is the fact that when you delve into the data you can see, yet again, that doing a PCT (which was pretty widespread) doesn't significantly improve the situation.

I'd also wonder, were they to ask the same questions 2 months later, whether the non-statistically significant improvement that was noticed with PCT drugs simply reverted to baseline once the artificial elevation of LH/FSH ceased.

Anyway, another one for the "at your own risk" crowd.

An anecdote for me is ever since starting gear my sexual appetite has decreased (or maybe just is more consistent with less peaks and troughs). I used to go periods of wanting it like 3-5 times a day as a natural and no desire for periods too. Now it's like everyday I want it at least once lol. Correlation between hormones now having an artificial stability vs the natural peaks and troughs maybe? Curious how that plays into things on this level and at a greater scope.

Thanks GF :)

Yeah Sero, mine dropped over time. Off AAS it's comparatively low. Obviously it's hard to say whether that's just aging or not in my case, given that I didn't come off for 15 years or so lol. But I'd say there's a good, logical, argument for prolonged elevated test levels increasing the sex drive threshold over time, such that when you come off everything seems less exciting.

I?ve actually noticed a drop in drive recently. I?ve had a general up/down trend over the years with decreased sex drive for periods of a month or so a couple times per year although this one is lasting longer. Kinda weird given that doses haven?t really changed but could also be related to external factors as well.

Thanks for the post though, definitely not too surprising overall. This is why I?ve moved to recommending continuous use of clomid @ 12.5-25mg 2-3x weekly to the younger guys I coach if they want to come off since things don?t return to a normal pre-drug state the majority of the time. Everyone has done well so far and it?s kept test levels and sex drive elevated post cycle

Ancillaries just delay the inevitable, either trt or get off everything imo. I blast a couple times a year and that's it. My sex drive stays about the same regardless while there's testosterone in my system.

Coming off completely after 5 weeks or so and I have little to no interest in sex. It's been a while since I've done that so I'm not sure how long it would take me to recover but I'm sure it would take around 6 months or so and even then my sex drive would never be the same.

What I noticed during my previous cycles - even though I did SERM's post cycle like basically all of the internet forums, TRT clinics etc. recmmoned, once all the SERMS cleared, my LH/FSH and total test tanked for a good while. I felt fully recovered only after 5-6 months. This all makes me think if it's even worth taking SERMS this year, because they come with their own set of problems (acne, night flashes, terrible mood swings on clomid etc.). Rarely I see people talking about going off and letting nature do it's thing. With all the research I've done so far, I'm not really sure if I should bother with serms and just let the nature do it's thing and recovery naturally, whatever long it will take.

Yes, your experience is pretty normal mate. The use of SERMs is no guarantee of recovery whatsoever. And guys kid themselves if they think using HCG to maintain testes size on cycle is going to protect them from harmful effects on-cycle - it does not. We even have a couple papers to support that finding.

What typically happens is that guys simply stop bothering with PCT after a while, even while they continue to parrot the disingenuous spiel that doing a PCT will help others recover. This kind of dishonesty about the potential to recover enables shills to continue to promote the use of wildly excessive quantities of AAS for prolonged cycles or BnC.

Do you guys PCT or BnC? Thanks!

I don't do either. I do try to reduce harms from AAS on-cycle, and I use incredibly small doses compared to what's typically promoted online, just enough to push me into upper-normal and slightly-supraphysiologic levels over the duration of a progressively up-tapering cycle. I would use ten times that amount in the past with no noticeable improvement in long-term gains or progress. And I'm now at an age where I'm not competing with anyone, just enjoying myself and looking to retain a decent amount of lean mass at relatively low cost/effort :)