• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health I Have An Odd Compulsive Habit. Warning: Some People Might Think It's Gross

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I am a bit of a hypochondriac and get obsessive with stupid shit like looking at my urine, and I often examine the color of my urine. So, I tend to have a bit of a hesitance to flush the toilet when it's just urine. Or course, I have to flush it eventually, so I will take photos of the bowl full urine with my smartphone. Then, I will save the photos, and as time passes, I will delete the ones that appear to be a light, healthy-looking color. And sometimes I will go back to the photos to check the color earlier if it looks a bit dark/off in color. If I do not have enough space and have to delete stuff on my phone before taking a photo of the bowl of piss, it's often difficult for me to flush it as I like to keep track of the color. Therefore, I will inspect the bowl of urine very closely before flushing it. It's very much an OCD sort of thing, and I've been doing this for years. Unfortunately, this habit causes the majority of my smartphone's photos to be pictures of urine, and I realized how unusual this probably is when as I was flipping through my phone's photos it's just one shot after another......... of a urine-filled toilet.

Last edited:
Upload them to your computer, then delete them from your phone.

Or are you trying to quit all together? If this is the case, i'd try turning your phone off before every trip to the bathroom to start.

Try not to use your phone if possible, use a digital camera if you have one.

dont be too ashamed about it. if you feel ok doing it, why bother stopping. but doesn't the constant checking of the urine make you anxious?

Do you take any medications that can alter the colour of your urine? If so then checking and being concerned about the colour of it is not irrational at all. i need to check the colour/cloudyness of mine because im on azathioprine for crohn's. So i get lots of urinary tract infections. In that sense i can relate.

No need to keep a photo of it really unless there's clearly something wrong with it and then you can show your doctor or nurse.

But if you feel compelled to take the pictures, i don't really see much of a problem with that. It ain't hurtin nobody. Unless looking at the pictures makes you more anxious.

Get yourself a 64GB micro SD card on amazon cheap as fuck. Then no more space issues. :D

Do you make actual changes to your diet, exercise habits or overall lifestyle depending on the colour of your urine?

If so, have you found this to be helpful, in that it leads to measurable improvements in your health and wellbeing?

Just wondering if you're actually getting something good out of this or if you just like looking at your own piss. Nothing wrong either though of course.