Bluelight

Thread: hi im mike

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Collapse Details
    hi im mike 
    #1
    Need help thinking about Rapid Detox
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Bluelighter opioidsoveragain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Here.. there.. everywhere
    Posts
    245
    Hey bud and welcome. Im sure if you search for what specific detox you looking for you will be getting multiple answers or maybe give us a hint in what directions you need a detox
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Senior Moderator
    New Member Introductions
    White_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Edge City
    Posts
    1,285
    Hi Mike, you have two posts, This one is about detoxing, so I'm gonna move it to the Sober Living subforum for you so you can get some answers. The folks there can definitely give you the help you need.


    The other one will remain for your Hello to Bluelight thread.

    You've got this !
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    toothpastedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    at home in your arms
    Posts
    16,482
    Thanks for moving this here White_Rose!

    OP, why do you want to do a rapid detox? Are you aware of the significant risks undergoing a procedure like that?
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Moderator
    Sober Living
    aihfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    El Pueblo Loco
    Posts
    2,364
    I wouldn't recommend rapid detox for several reasons:

    1. It's much more expensive than a conventional medication assisted detox and most insurance companies will not cover it because it's considered an experimental treatment. It hasn't been widely studied by the scientific community and there are no widely accepted treatment protocols.
    2. Going under general anesthesia for any reason unnecessarily is risky, and in the case of detox, it isn't necessary because there are already conventional, medication assisted detox protocols that have been studied and widely accepted by the medical community. It should only be done in a location that is prepared to deal with immediate life-threatening medical complications.
    3. The end of rapid detox doesn't necessarily mean the end of withdrawal symptoms. The complete lack of psychosocial support after the rapid detox greatly increases the risk of relapse to alleviate withdrawal and PAWS discomfort.
    Struggling with addiction? Join us at Sober Living. We can help.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by aihfl View Post
    I wouldn't recommend rapid detox for several reasons:

    1. It's much more expensive than a conventional medication assisted detox and most insurance companies will not cover it because it's considered an experimental treatment. It hasn't been widely studied by the scientific community and there are no widely accepted treatment protocols.
    2. Going under general anesthesia for any reason unnecessarily is risky, and in the case of detox, it isn't necessary because there are already conventional, medication assisted detox protocols that have been studied and widely accepted by the medical community. It should only be done in a location that is prepared to deal with immediate life-threatening medical complications.
    3. The end of rapid detox doesn't necessarily mean the end of withdrawal symptoms. The complete lack of psychosocial support after the rapid detox greatly increases the risk of relapse to alleviate withdrawal and PAWS discomfort.
    ^^
    That is a great breakdown. The only thing I can add to this is that I know 3 people who have done rapid detox. All three said they felt like they had been run over by a train. All 3 returned to using within short order. One is now dead.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Ok is it better to snort a few days instead of injecting beofre getting off using subutex
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    239
    Route of administration is not as important from a chemical standpoint. From a harm reduction standpoint it is very important. From a chemistry standpoint it will affect bioavailability and this affect will have an affect on true half-life. Jumping to a partial agonist from a full agonist in not an effort to be taken lightly unless you enjoy a pain that cannot be properly put in to words. We don't know what you are currently using/abusing because you have not told us. Jumping to a partial agonist (buprenorphine) should only be done when a candidate is in full withdrawal to ensure that precipitated withdrawal is avoided. The longer you can withstand the progression of withdrawal symptoms the better off you will be when you make the jump. This is why people here are consistently recommending a regimen of non-opioid comfort meds. There is no such thing at this point and time as a painless jump. You will have to experience some form of withdrawal at some point.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    toothpastedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    at home in your arms
    Posts
    16,482
    Quote Originally Posted by mike13118 View Post
    Ok is it better to snort a few days instead of injecting beofre getting off using subutex
    Well, it's probably a good idea to insulfate over inject. That said, will it make a difference? It depends.

    The big thing that counts using buprenorphine to detox is ensuring you are in acute withdrawal before inducting on/beginning to take buprenoprhine. That means waiting for about 24hrs since your last shot of dope.

    What is your habit like? I mean, what is your standard route of administration (sound like injection?), what opioids are you dependent on, and how much do you use per day? This will all affect the transition to buprenoprhine.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdfisse View Post
    Route of administration is not as important from a chemical standpoint. From a harm reduction standpoint it is very important. From a chemistry standpoint it will affect bioavailability and this affect will have an affect on true half-life. Jumping to a partial agonist from a full agonist in not an effort to be taken lightly unless you enjoy a pain that cannot be properly put in to words. We don't know what you are currently using/abusing because you have not told us. Jumping to a partial agonist (buprenorphine) should only be done when a candidate is in full withdrawal to ensure that precipitated withdrawal is avoided. The longer you can withstand the progression of withdrawal symptoms the better off you will be when you make the jump. This is why people here are consistently recommending a regimen of non-opioid comfort meds. There is no such thing at this point and time as a painless jump. You will have to experience some form of withdrawal at some point.
    Well said.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Senior Moderator
    Sports & Gaming
    Sober Living
    New Member Introductions
    The Lounge
    D's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the 'ville'
    Posts
    26,295
    I don't want to stop you from doing what you want to do mike, just look into it. you are getting some good positive feedback from some good people in your thread. all I am saying is just do some more research on rapid detox, and if you feel like that's what you want to do, and if it will help you the most then more power to you.
    Just know that it sounds like you got some Bluelighters here that care for you, and strongly advise you to weigh the pros and cons.
    If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please feel free to send me a PM. here
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •