• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

hi im mike

Hey bud and welcome. Im sure if you search for what specific detox you looking for you will be getting multiple answers or maybe give us a hint in what directions you need a detox

Hi Mike, you have two posts, This one is about detoxing, so I'm gonna move it to the Sober Living subforum for you so you can get some answers. The folks there can definitely give you the help you need.

The other one will remain for your Hello to Bluelight thread.

You've got this ! ;)

Thanks for moving this here White_Rose!

OP, why do you want to do a rapid detox? Are you aware of the significant risks undergoing a procedure like that?

I wouldn't recommend rapid detox for several reasons:

1. It's much more expensive than a conventional medication assisted detox and most insurance companies will not cover it because it's considered an experimental treatment. It hasn't been widely studied by the scientific community and there are no widely accepted treatment protocols.
2. Going under general anesthesia for any reason unnecessarily is risky, and in the case of detox, it isn't necessary because there are already conventional, medication assisted detox protocols that have been studied and widely accepted by the medical community. It should only be done in a location that is prepared to deal with immediate life-threatening medical complications.
3. The end of rapid detox doesn't necessarily mean the end of withdrawal symptoms. The complete lack of psychosocial support after the rapid detox greatly increases the risk of relapse to alleviate withdrawal and PAWS discomfort.

I wouldn't recommend rapid detox for several reasons:

1. It's much more expensive than a conventional medication assisted detox and most insurance companies will not cover it because it's considered an experimental treatment. It hasn't been widely studied by the scientific community and there are no widely accepted treatment protocols.
2. Going under general anesthesia for any reason unnecessarily is risky, and in the case of detox, it isn't necessary because there are already conventional, medication assisted detox protocols that have been studied and widely accepted by the medical community. It should only be done in a location that is prepared to deal with immediate life-threatening medical complications.
3. The end of rapid detox doesn't necessarily mean the end of withdrawal symptoms. The complete lack of psychosocial support after the rapid detox greatly increases the risk of relapse to alleviate withdrawal and PAWS discomfort.

^^
That is a great breakdown. The only thing I can add to this is that I know 3 people who have done rapid detox. All three said they felt like they had been run over by a train. All 3 returned to using within short order. One is now dead.

Ok is it better to snort a few days instead of injecting beofre getting off using subutex

Route of administration is not as important from a chemical standpoint. From a harm reduction standpoint it is very important. From a chemistry standpoint it will affect bioavailability and this affect will have an affect on true half-life. Jumping to a partial agonist from a full agonist in not an effort to be taken lightly unless you enjoy a pain that cannot be properly put in to words. We don't know what you are currently using/abusing because you have not told us. Jumping to a partial agonist (buprenorphine) should only be done when a candidate is in full withdrawal to ensure that precipitated withdrawal is avoided. The longer you can withstand the progression of withdrawal symptoms the better off you will be when you make the jump. This is why people here are consistently recommending a regimen of non-opioid comfort meds. There is no such thing at this point and time as a painless jump. You will have to experience some form of withdrawal at some point.

Ok is it better to snort a few days instead of injecting beofre getting off using subutex

Well, it's probably a good idea to insulfate over inject. That said, will it make a difference? It depends.

The big thing that counts using buprenorphine to detox is ensuring you are in acute withdrawal before inducting on/beginning to take buprenoprhine. That means waiting for about 24hrs since your last shot of dope.

What is your habit like? I mean, what is your standard route of administration (sound like injection?), what opioids are you dependent on, and how much do you use per day? This will all affect the transition to buprenoprhine.

Route of administration is not as important from a chemical standpoint. From a harm reduction standpoint it is very important. From a chemistry standpoint it will affect bioavailability and this affect will have an affect on true half-life. Jumping to a partial agonist from a full agonist in not an effort to be taken lightly unless you enjoy a pain that cannot be properly put in to words. We don't know what you are currently using/abusing because you have not told us. Jumping to a partial agonist (buprenorphine) should only be done when a candidate is in full withdrawal to ensure that precipitated withdrawal is avoided. The longer you can withstand the progression of withdrawal symptoms the better off you will be when you make the jump. This is why people here are consistently recommending a regimen of non-opioid comfort meds. There is no such thing at this point and time as a painless jump. You will have to experience some form of withdrawal at some point.

Well said.

I don't want to stop you from doing what you want to do mike, just look into it. you are getting some good positive feedback from some good people in your thread. all I am saying is just do some more research on rapid detox, and if you feel like that's what you want to do, and if it will help you the most then more power to you.
Just know that it sounds like you got some Bluelighters here that care for you, and strongly advise you to weigh the pros and cons.