• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2018 NCAA Football v. How many style points for losing big at home?

I love my D

I wonder where my D went :\ After that 8 down goal line stand against UGA, I remember seeing the DC yelling at the players late in the game as they gave up yards and scores to UGA. If I were on that D, I'd be thinking "F this guy, we just made a GREAT stand and he's bitching at us because the offense is lucky to make it to 3rd down before they give the ball over and we have to go back out again". Overall, our team conditioning is much improved over last year, but the D can't sustain all game without the offense holding the ball for more than 30 seconds. My god, is our O awful now.

Nice to see they sent Trask (backup QB) in for the last 18min or so, and he got a TD on Mizzou. Fans are clamboring for him to take over...but he broke his foot doing practice drills of trick plays. Yay. :| So, we stick with our limited starter, or consider burning the redshirt on our stud freshman. Emory Jones has 2 more games without burning his redshirt, and we're looking at Idaho (burn it, or skip this one), USCe (maybe), F$U (yes, for recruiting and bragging rights), and a bowl game (maybe, probably to tease recruits that we will play them in big games).

I'm not doubting our coaches at this point (too much, other than maybe the DC for yelling at beat players, and the HC for sticking with a limited QB). I think we will win at least 2 if not 3 (worried about USCe) to close out and see who we get in a bowl game.

This weekend:

USCe @ -5.5 FLA << I really don't know. Homer vote for Gators. Maybe we cover?
Vandy @ -13.5 MIZZ << Vandy covers. May not win, but they keep it closer than 2TD.
tOSU @ +3.5 MichST << tOSU until proven otherwise :| Hate'em, and they are on the road...but, I'll go with Meyer.
UK @ +4.5 TN << UK more than covers, and wins, and pushes TN further into the bottom of the SEC-E
OSU @ -14.5 OU << I enjoyed the OSU-TT matchup earlier, and think OSU hangs...for the first half. But I have a feeling OU will pull away.
WashST @ +4.5 COL << WashST is #10? And only getting 4.5 on the road at COL (5-4)??? Either people think the Buffaloes are going to be up for this or Wazzou is overrated. I'll take the ranked team.
AU @ -14.5 UGA << UGA Rolls, bigger than that.
MIA @ -4.5 GT << Equal records. Question becomes 'is MIA imploding, or able to pull themselves back up?'. GT with the upset (because I hate MIA).
LSU @ +14.5 ARK << LSU wins
F$U @ -18.5 ND << Hate both. No way F$U comes as close as 3 TDs.
TX @ -0 TT << I like TT in general, don't know if they win but will pick them in this one just 'cuz.
CLEM @ +17.5 BC << CLEM more than covers.

^I think he will be right? Won't have to play next week.

I can't deal with UK football anymore. They are in the process of taking a dump on the best season we've ever had, or at least, what we thought was gonna be our best season. We broke the Florida streak, played a respectable game against Georgia. No fucking reason we should have lost for the 2365th consecutive time in Knoxville.

UK let me down :(

FLA let me down...but made up for it in the end :\

Now we start entertaining bowl matchup possibilities. That's a welcome change from last year. Media has it if UF can win out we may make a NY6 game. Personally, I'm afraid of anyone with a passing attack handing us our ass. There are a few names, but I have a feeling FLA ends up in the mid-major bowl like Outback (Tampa) or Citrus (Orlando) against a B10 team (PSU?), or Gator (Jacksonville) against an ACC team. A NY6 stage would just embarass us. Those other three would get a better draw of fans for the game, IMO. There's a current projection to play UCF. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Idaho is our last home game, should be a gimme, but nothing is a gimme with UF these days.

Then close with F$U...some of our fans are trying to worry about that one with their atheletes. Like Muschamp, their coaching will do them in if they players even show up. There is so much quit in Tallahassee right now. That, and MIA seems to be in a death spiral.

With all respect I don't want Florida to play UCF. I want UCF to play a real top 10 team that has something to play for. Like I almost want them to make the playoffs to see an absolute train get ran on them. They are cocky as shit.

LOL...on one hand, I'm not sure we could beat UCF. And I share your thought they need to be smashed back to reality.

On the other hand, I don't think UF or their fanbase would give a sht about the matchup - not attend the bowl, and half ass the effort on the field.

Yeah, it might help recruiting a little bit, but I'll go with you on having someone better do the smashing on them.

Lol Ohio state got screwed

Edit: well they won in OT guess it doesn't matter

good game though, if you like offense

Last edited:
MD so should have won that game :| Felt like MD was only in it by luck (3 turnovers, a fake punt), but dammit...they were in it. I didn't think they should go for 2, but they did...and it was THERE! Bad throw, or they could have taken down tOSU. Dammit. Now...I can't cheer for MICH or tOSU....I'll cheer for meteor.

WTF is up with F$U? They were losing nicely to BC when I tuned out, and they somehow won?!?!?! A loss to BC would have been nice, to have the first 4-loss streak since pre-Bowden days and to kill their chance at bowl eligibility. But, with this putting them to 5-6 they have to beat my Gators for bowl eligibility. I really and truly hope to beat the ever livin' sht out of them. Embarrass them, on sr. day at Ron Zook field. I'd wished we could be the one to deny them the sixth win and kill the bowl streak, but I have this uneasy feeling they will get picked up for a crap bowl at 5-7 :| and you know they'd take it.

Howabout OSU cowpokes taking WVU down? Nice!

WTF is up with UK? Letting MTSU hang to a 34-23 finish? Put.them.away. Prove your a big boy program.

WISC 47 @ PURD 44? In TRIPLE OT? Sorry I missed it...but only a little bit.

MIA 38 @ VT 14? I'm hearing VT may try to reschedule their game against Marshall (cancelled by weather earlier) to get to bowl eligible based on how they do this weekend. Pitiful. Up there with F$U's lame ploy last season 8)

MIZZ 50 @ TN 14? Be-a-utiful.

Ole Miss 29 @ VAN 36 in OT? Lotta OT this season. Also, SECEast currently sits 8-5 against the West with the lone remaining game being ARK at MIZZ (I know who wins that, but I'm also betting Bama > UGA in the SECCG)

I have a bad feeling Kentucky is just having a great year and will promptly return to the cellar.

Rivalry week. I want to hang 60 on Auburn and have Tua out by halftime so so bad

Rivalry week. I want to hang 60 on Auburn and have Tua out by halftime so so bad

I get the feeling Saban doesn't 'feel' rivalries, or much of anything for that matter. There's not a sense of getting fired up about him, nothing about wanting to punish a rival. It's just another game - line up, do your job, and be better than last week. Win by 25 or 55, doesn't matter - just play better.

Fans, on the other hand, fully FEEL the rivalries...

= = = =

Egg Bowl: MSU @ +8.5 Ole Miss << Going with Hail State.
no rivals: ARK @ -21.5 Mizz << Mizz wins, dunno if they cover, but the spread looks right
I-4 War: UCF @ +13.5 USF << I'm pulling for USF, not just to upset, but for coach Charlie Strong (UF staff in the past) and Jordan Cronkrite (RB, transferred from UF)
no rivals: OU @ +2.5 WVU << pulling for WVU to upset...hopefully moving BOTH behind us in the polls
Apple Cup: Washington @ -3.5 Wazzou << Again, pulling for the upset if it helps Florida
FL-FlState: UF @ +6.5 F$U << We should win by a lot more than that, but could also lose
Ga-GaTech: GT @ -17.5 UGA << I think GT ball controls enough to beat the spread, but still loses to UGA
AssholeBolw: MICH @ +3.5 tOSU << hate both. A LOT. But have the feeling Harbaugh puts one more nail in Urban's coffin. Urban may quit on a program, again.
Iron Bowl: AUB @ -21.5 ALA << Sorry war-tigers of the plain, Tua gonna Tua.
TNBowl: TN @ -3.5 VAN << So wanting Vandy to beat TN. Every TN loss is delish.
PalmettoBowl: USCe @ -25.5 CLEM << Lol...no comment
BluegrassBowl: UK @ +17.5 LOU << Don't know if KY covers, but they win. Go Cats.
olddirtbowlrivals: LSU @ +0 TA&M << why is this a pickem? LSU rolls
historicalrivals: ND @ +9.5 USC << ND wins bigger than that, but it's sad this is our last prayer at keeping ND out of CFP

Your right about Saban. It's annoying sometimes but it's why Bama is so consistent. We don't play down or up emotionally through the season for the most part.

RIVALRY SATURDAY

12:00 PM

11 Florida @ Florida State

4 Michigan @ 10 Ohio State

Georgia Tech @ 5 Georgia

3:30 PM

Auburn @ 1 Alabama

7:00 PM

15 Kentucky @ Louisville

South Carolina @ 2 Clemson

7:30 PM

7 LSU @ 22 Texas A&M

3 Notre Dame @ USC

That Makenzie Milton injury was beyond gruesome. Rumors are circulating they had to do emergency surgery to save his leg from amputation. Sad as fuck.

Best Saturday of the college year. Roll Tide!

Auburn played tough for a half. Just didn't have the offensive firepower to hang around in the second half.

I'm pissed I fell asleep during the LSU Tex AM game. I here it was a crazy ending.

Championship weekend:

UT @ -3.5 Wash << PAC12 yawn
TX @ -6.5 OU << Can OU avenge their one loss and make CFP? I say yes.
Akron @ -28.5 USCe << I'm sure this is some sort of championship game 8)
Marshall @ VT << VT trying for 6-6, may not make a bowl
Bama @ +13.5 UGA << Bama by more than 2TD
Ptt @ -26.5 CLEM << And THIS is the ACC championship ... yawn
NW @ -13.5 tOSU << another yawn. I can hope for the NW upset but it ain't happenin

Gophers beat Wisconsin 37-15 earning first win vs Badgers since '03(first time at Camp Randall since '94), qualify for a bowl, earn an extra 15+ formal practices - significant considering they have the youngest starting roster in FBS and suddenly I'm back in.

Still think Fleck should be axed if he doesn't post a .500 Big Ten record next season.

Nobody cares about your SEC. By nobody I speak for myself.

I just hope Notre Dame is kept out of playoffs for two reasons: 1. Cause Fuck them and their fear of joining conference 2. They won't provide any entertainment after a 20+ point beat down.

Nobody cares about your SEC. By nobody I speak for myself.

I just hope Notre Dame is kept out of playoffs for two reasons: 1. Cause Fuck them and their fear of joining conference 2. They won't provide any entertainment after a 20+ point beat down.

I think you speak for anyone outside the SEC geography ;) And many inside of it (lookinatchew ACC fans).

The 20+ beat down of ND is the only entertainment value. That is the only value I see in having them in the CFP, and it's not enough - send someone more deserving.