• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2018 NCAA Football v. How many style points for losing big at home?

man fuck you TLB. my streaming options in germany are garbage but reports say that the game was much closer than the score will tell me. still fuck everything what a horrible week.

FSU-Miami game was pretty incredible the other day. Been a while since my Canes have been the benefactor of a major comeback like that. N'kosi Perry is looking like the real deal out there, even though he struggled a bit with nerves during the first half. Dude has incredible accuracy and terrific instincts.

man fuck you TLB. my streaming options in germany are garbage but reports say that the game was much closer than the score will tell me. still fuck everything what a horrible week.

43281633_2161955013815260_6272017209946537984_n.jpg

j/k...it was a lot closer than the score reflects. Our defense is what made the game, as they raised their performance to something none of us expected, including coach O.

FSU-Miami game was pretty incredible the other day. Been a while since my Canes have been the benefactor of a major comeback like that. N'kosi Perry is looking like the real deal out there, even though he struggled a bit with nerves during the first half. Dude has incredible accuracy and terrific instincts.

WTH happened there? Willie T find a way to lose? He had the game. Personally, among other Gator fans, we were cheering for a meteor strike. But for me, I kind respect Richt and expect he'll manage a good 10-win season on a regular basis. With the ACC being weaker than the SEC (generally speaking) he'll have a better shot at a conf championship (is he on the CLEM side, or would he end up playing them there?). I don't know if he can get the Canes to CLEM level, but CLEM will stumble once in awhile (they aren't a BAMA all good all the time...nobody is). So he'll get shots, and should stick around a long time. Looking forward to playing UM in an upcoming season (didn't want to play them at all, but our team is giving me confidence).

WTH happened there? Willie T find a way to lose? He had the game. Personally, among other Gator fans, we were cheering for a meteor strike. But for me, I kind respect Richt and expect he'll manage a good 10-win season on a regular basis. With the ACC being weaker than the SEC (generally speaking) he'll have a better shot at a conf championship (is he on the CLEM side, or would he end up playing them there?). I don't know if he can get the Canes to CLEM level, but CLEM will stumble once in awhile (they aren't a BAMA all good all the time...nobody is). So he'll get shots, and should stick around a long time. Looking forward to playing UM in an upcoming season (didn't want to play them at all, but our team is giving me confidence).

Miami was just the better team, tbh. Miami just played down the first 3 1/2 quarters, but when properly motivated we just powered through that 27-7 deficit. IMO we could have come back from 34-7 in that game, we were just that much better. FSU is absolute shit this year.

Also, I hope we get more than just a few 10 win seasons out of Richt. At Miami, we expect championships. No excuse not to win it all every once in a while with all the talent in our backyard. Miami is a much more ready made champion than Georgia. Georgia wasn't really shit before Richt got there, and firing him would have been a stupid decision had they not lucked out in the Kirby Smart sweepstakes.

It's a shame about star receiver Ahmonn Richards suffering that career ending neck injury. He was a potential early 1st round pick this year or next had he remained healthy. Spinal cords fucking suck.

So who ya takin' this weekend?

14UF @ Vandy +9.5 << UF of course
TN @ 21AUB -17.5 << AUB to cover and then some
2UGA @ 13LSU +7.5 << Dawgs
MichSt @ 8PSU -13.5 << PSU wins, but doesn't cover
6WVU @ Iowa St +7.5 << WVU wins big
16MIA @ UVA +7.5 << MIA going away
15WISC @ 12MICH -6.5 << As much as I hate MICH, I don't see them losing at home.

So who ya takin' this weekend?

14UF @ Vandy +9.5 << UF vandy is bad this year. Which makes that close game with note dame kinda weird.
TN @ 21AUB -17.5 << tn pulls the upset outright.
2UGA @ 13LSU +7.5 << Dawgs it won't be close after halftime. LSU has a depth problem on the dline.
MichSt @ 8PSU -13.5 << PSU wins and covers
6WVU @ Iowa St +7.5 << WVU but I haven't seen Iowa State play so I wouldn't bet it in real life
16MIA @ UVA +7.5 << Miami and it won't be close
15WISC @ 12MICH -6.5 << I like Michigan to cover

Tua has a sprained knee. Makes me worried because we lost our best CB last week for the year. We are going to give up 28 points minimum. I don't think Mizzou can stop us on defense but if Tua is more hurt then we know it may be a real test. I definitely wouldn't take Bama at -35

14UF @ Vandy +9.5 << UF vandy is bad this year. Which makes that close game with note dame kinda weird.

Tua has a sprained knee. Makes me worried because we lost our best CB last week for the year. We are going to give up 28 points minimum. I don't think Mizzou can stop us on defense but if Tua is more hurt then we know it may be a real test. I definitely wouldn't take Bama at -35

Vandy always plays UF close. We get a scare with them nearly every year, and it is our seasonal trap game after a conf game (LSU) and the WLOCP. :\ Glad we always get a bye before UGA, but yeah, Vandy is always tough for us. Still can't fathom how they hung with ND, but I'm telling myself it is because ND isn't that good.

Tua can sit this one out, you guys have Hurts on the bench. So many teams wish they could have that guy as a backup, lol. Bama offense won't miss a beat. Might score 56 instead of 63. Missing a CB might hurt, but it's Mizzou...you should have nothing to worry about. Your DL will crush them like an empty beer can - and while that will force them into a lot of passing to try and keep up, I have no doubts Bama covers and then some.

Hurts has looked much better passing the ball this year. Playing really good QBs is just scary. College defenses often get picked apart through the air. At least Lock isn't a dual threat qb.

I'm proud of my Tennessee over Auburn pick

Wow Georgia got that ass beat. LSU Bama is setting up as the western division championship game

Georgia losing also makes the week 10 game with UK a lot more interesting.

The Hurricanes may have irrevocably broken my heart yesterday. After 15+ years of misery, this was finally looking like the season we would get our shit together and reclaim our place as an elite football program year in and year out. Instead, were forced to accept that nothing has actually changed. After watching the same shit television show year after year for over 1 1/2 decades, it begins getting pretty stale. Honestly, I just want to say "fuck it" already. I' m certainly not gettng joy out of it

The Hurricanes may have irrevocably broken my heart yesterday. After 15+ years of misery, this was finally looking like the season we would get our shit together and reclaim our place as an elite football program year in and year out. Instead, were forced to accept that nothing has actually changed. After watching the same shit television show year after year for over 1 1/2 decades, it begins getting pretty stale. Honestly, I just want to say "fuck it" already. I' m certainly not gettng joy out of it

You guys need a young energetic coach. Richt is the very definition of mediocre.

Vandy AGAIN stumps us. Despite getting so many calls against us (starting MLB earned the first PF for the body slam, but gets ejected by a second PF against the entire team? Weak sauce), and turnovers, we were able to exert our will and win. Gives a lot more faith to the Orange & Blue that the Gators are returning.\

= = =

Many thanks to LSU putting a "thump"ing on UGA for us. It will give us a pissed off UGA team in 2 weeks for the WLOCP, but I'd rather they have a loss in the SEC so if we can beat them (doubtful...but gaining hope) then we can count on them beating KY and we get into the SECCG again..legit this time, though..kinda maybe.

I'll admit, I was pulling for yet another TN loss. I can't fathom how they beat AU, though I haven't watched the game and can't take a lot from our win over TN given how badly they shot themselves in the foot.

= = =

Non-SEC, living in PA means we watch PSU and my wife's family are alums/fans, so the house was pulling for PSU (I abstained). But that was a crushing last second loss to MichSt. Though, I think the two losses is a more accurate reflection of how PSU is this year - solid, but a 2-3 loss team in general.

Oregon upset Washington? Ok.

C'mon Pitt :eek: Ya had ND at ND...and ya gave it up. ND showing weakness, IMO and it needs to bite them soon.

Oh, and this...

52c6cea7-b52a-4445-8a9d-50dd35951b87-jpeg.11592

Rumor is Tua had his knee scoped today and will be out 1-3 weeks. Bama got Tennessee this week then a buy then LSU in death valley. I believe hurts can beat Tennessee but we need Tua for LSU badly. This really sucks I've never seen anything like what Tua has done this year. Hopefully the rumor is bullshit but I really trust the source.

Pretty good games today :)

Mississippi State @ LSU 7:00 ET
Alabama @ Tennessee 3:30 ET
Ohio State @ Purdue 7:30 ET
Michigan @ Michigan State Noon ET
NC State @ Clemson 3:30 ET
Oregon @ Washington State. 7:30 ET
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky 7:30 ET

Woo. So glad UK pushed through and got that one.

Ohio State Lost by 29? Dang.

Ohio State got that ass beat. They didn't have touchdown until the middle of the 3rd quarter

Florida State edged out Wake Forest yesterday so they're now 4-3, but I'm not optimistic about them ending with a winning season. Next week against Clemson is a certain loss, even if they did have Josh Kainduh the entire game, and I am hard pressed to see them beating NC State, either.