• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Did I get serotonin syndrome?

I think its within the VICINITY of normal, especially considering you took diazepam BEFORE. first time hearing that. I'd argue that the majority of the complication was the diazepam timing. benzos slow down neuronal firing and overall increase gaba while MDMA super surges your serotonin. being tugged in two places at once, hypertension sounds a little intense but nothing out of the ordinary, and I definitely sweat bullets during come ups and most of the peak. this seems normal. MDMA come ups aren't too anxious or bad, atleast not with quality MDMA. I would suggest saving the benzos until you feel that first blunt effect of the come down, and I bet most of those issues would go away. also though I've never heard of this before, I wouldn't be surprised if the stimulation from the MDMA gave the Benzo a paradoxical effect ( which is known to happen under totally different medical conditions), or more simply the synergy caused intense anxiety, even considering the Benzo use. diazepam is pretty light on the head too and mostly a body relaxant, I would imagine Xanax, or clonazepam or a various assortment of different benzos would help with anxiety more, but either way.....save it till after the MDMA hits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peace :)

This isn't an unbiased and objective answer. You love MDMA and have approached this from the framework that MDMA can't be to blame and so you are trying to pin his entire experience on the diazepam which tbh is ridiculous. Paradoxical reactions to benzos are an idiosyncratic reaction but it's person-specific, not just something that randomly happens some of the time. If he was in the tiny percentage of people that had paradoxical reactions to benzos then he would have known that the very first time he took a benzo. Trust me, the effect is not exactly subtle. My ex girlfriend was one of the unlucky people who had paradoxical reactions to benzos. We found out when she had a really important recital (she was in an orchestra) and was super super anxious about it, so I offered her a single 5mg diazepam and half an hour later you'd swear she was on meth. She was racing around, talking a mile a minute, sweating her ass off and literally screaming at me for not getting her a drink quick enough or because my phone rang (this is a girl who is usually as meek as a mouse). It was insane.

MDMA come ups are not too anxious or bad for you but many people get hit with severe anxiety when the MDMA first hits that disappears quickly when the effects fully kick in. I have experienced a mild form of it myself with tested MDMA, but it was just a couple of minutes of mild worry that faded fast but that doesn't mean it's mild for everyone. It was probably just a bad reaction to MDMA, but I wouldn't rule out it being cut unless it was tested.

Was it tested, OP?