• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

GHB neurotoxicty prevention

markosheehan

Bluelighter
This has been brought up before but no good ideas were suggested.

so what other substances could one take to prevent GHB induced neurotoxicty. Seems like antioxidants would be a good start if they induce neurotoxicty through oxidative stress.

a ghb receptor antagonist would be good but there are none out there except for a experimental one.

any ideas?

I don't know but I think no good ideas were suggested because GHB isn't really neurotoxic, I mean sure there will be some glutamatergic rebound but that doesn't automatically equal neurotoxicity although it can come with problems on its own. Anything you take to prevent that is probably just going to delay and possibly worsen the coming rebound.

I mean if you just want some supplements that could probably help with neurotoxicity in general, then N-acetyl-cysteine is going to be your best bet. followed by ALCAR, ALA, and Glutathione, after that I would say magnesium. Those have a good bit of evidence behind them, beyond that you are looking at curcumin and CBD.

But if you are taking GHB at levels where you are concerned about neurotoxicity then you are going to be experiencing a host of negative effects which actually exist in reality and will have a much greater impact on your life that you should probably make your first concern.

GHB is mainly terrible for the liver. Don't know about its neurotoxicity. SO easy to OD on, too, *especially* if mixed with alcohol. Achtung: DEATH, Bubba! Aphrodisiac to the point of being a date rape drug. Very nice, euphoric, way better than liquor, and pro-sexual when used by an expert though and around ppl you trust. Not a a drug to do 'in public' at all.

But I figure you know all that already.