European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Manchester

LoginNotSecure

Bluelighter
I?ll be heading into Manchester up through the Dales shortly. Gotta take my parents to the airport. Should be at Manchester airport for around 5am if anyone fancies a quick (early) pint in or around th area?

Enjoy Manchester. Visited Moss side in the early 90's, and it's the only time I've ever heard some one cry " HELP! IM BEING RAPED, STABBED AND MURDERED!" still fucking Hotpot man! Delicious! :)

Used to score smack in Moss side in the early 80's. We'd pull up in the precinct in a car and wind the window down an inch. Immediately we'd be surrounded by loads of black guys thrusting bags of gear through the window. It was fuckin insane (and extremely intimidating). Then there was The Spinners pub in Hulme where we used to score hash. You couldn't even go to the bog without being hassled by people selling their wares. That all came to an abrupt end when some guy got his head blown off with a shotgun one lunchtime. It was closed down soon after...

Id have loved to have met up with a fellow member, im from just outside of manchester.

Have also sent you a PM OP.

Used to score smack in Moss side in the early 80's. We'd pull up in the precinct in a car and wind the window down an inch. Immediately we'd be surrounded by loads of black guys thrusting bags of gear through the window. It was fuckin insane (and extremely intimidating). Then there was The Spinners pub in Hulme where we used to score hash. You couldn't even go to the bog without being hassled by people selling their wares. That all came to an abrupt end when some guy got his head blown off with a shotgun one lunchtime. It was closed down soon after...

Not the same now, different place but a lot more violence, drugs, gang shit etc.

well i missed you but so glad you enjoyed the Greatest City on Earth which I am going to start trying to get recognisable as the acronym GCE, much as the PGOAT in Infinite Jest, so to a very small group of people i guess.

close friends lived in the Hulme crescent squats mid/late 80's (incredibly large scale anarchic scene that would never be tolerated now) so we spent many happy nights in the Spinners...mad times ahaha

Missed this messag I’m from Manchester well Salford. Next time then ha. Do you have to pick them up from there too.

I have to concur it truly is but GCE reminds me of school exams. Infinite Jest ace, that whole book was full of acronyms Y.D.A.U and ONAN my personal favourite. That latter having another meaning too. Did you give his last book the Pale King a read? Troubled mind but a genius

dammit yeah for the old folk it does have that connotation- i picked prettiest girl of all time cos it feels like the equivalent for a human. i have not read a pale king but maybe if my brain ever gets up to reading again i'll do it. thanks!! also glad you agree re Manc!!!

close friends lived in the Hulme crescent squats mid/late 80's (incredibly large scale anarchic scene that would never be tolerated now) so we spent many happy nights in the Spinners...mad times ahaha

Same here. Had a friend that lived in a squat in the crescents for several years. Despite the anarchic nature, I never personally witnessed any violence. The place had a terrible reputation, but generally speaking it was a pretty chilled out and multicultural scene. The fuckin cockroaches were a nightmare though...

Same here. Had a friend that lived in a squat in the crescents for several years. Despite the anarchic nature, I never personally witnessed any violence. The place had a terrible reputation, but generally speaking it was a pretty chilled out and multicultural scene. The fuckin cockroaches were a nightmare though...

Yeah I never saw any trouble either, and must have spent upwards of 100 nights there over the years. Odd really, bearing in mind the area was a genuine no-go zone for the cops and even the emergency services after dark. People don't get the scale of the scene - there were literally hundreds of squats all in one area (four huge crescent blocks).I think my brain had blacked out the (millions of) cockroaches, many thanks for the reminder;) You and I seem to have been at the same festi's, liked the same bands, hung out in the same scene, wouldn't be at all surprised if we've met before.

@Chinup - I have to agree, there's just something about Manchester that makes it my very favourite English city.

The fuckin cockroaches were a nightmare though...

my mum was a social worker there + moss side, wythenshawe.... said in those flats if you pulled back the wallpaper there was another wallpaper of cockroaches.

she quit when me and my sister were young cos she had an air rifle pointed at her head and her colleagues car was rammed.

Enjoy Manchester. Visited Moss side in the early 90's...

Me too. Went to see Jamiroquai play very early on in (back when he was good if you like that kinda thing) with my then gf. He was good aside from skimming spliffs from folk in the front row then passing them to the band rather than returning them. Signs of what was to come in hindsight... :|

You and I seem to have been at the same festi's, liked the same bands, hung out in the same scene, wouldn't be at all surprised if we've met before.

Stranger things have happened mate. Were you at Stonehenge in '84? Or the White Horse festival when it pissed down constantly? What about the one in some woods south of Stonehenge (the location escapes me ATM) where we all had to evacuate early one morning when a police helicopter warned us that the riot police were ready to invade? What about numerous Hawkwind gigs? What about Glastonbury when you could bust in for free? I know you've done the magic mushroom festivals at Ribblehead viaduct. What about the biker gigs like the Bulldog Bash or the Kent bike show etc. etc..?

Stranger things have happened mate. Were you at Stonehenge in '84? Or the White Horse festival when it pissed down constantly? What about the one in some woods south of Stonehenge (the location escapes me ATM) where we all had to evacuate early one morning when a police helicopter warned us that the riot police were ready to invade? What about numerous Hawkwind gigs? What about Glastonbury when you could bust in for free? I know you've done the magic mushroom festivals at Ribblehead viaduct. What about the biker gigs like the Bulldog Bash or the Kent bike show etc. etc..?

Freaky - I was at every single event you mention except the biker gigs

stonehenge 84 was me first festii....decent introduction=D

It was cholderton woods (88 and 89) I believe sir:D (we'd walked there on-mass from Bristol...Travellers Aid Trust funded us fuel for a van to carry the tat...bender poles, tarps etc...and a couple ounces of fine Paki Black for our evening chillums<3

Must've seen various versions of Hawkwind dozens of times at the free festi's...private parties at Nik Turner's in Wales etc....yeah our paths have crossed umpteen times i'd imagine