• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

1st Post - How do I get off of Zubsolv ?

Comfort meds include but are not limited too. Clonidine, benzos, weed, Lyrica, gabapentin, muscle relaxers, Ambien, OTC pain relievers. Pretty much anything that depressed the central nervous system. I really like it when people work with a doctor who specializes in addiction before jumping off. It prevents many problems and leaves a lifeline if things get too heavy.

So in my conferences with Orexo (the manufacturers of zubsolv) I seem to recall that 5.7 mg is equivalent to 8 mg subutex. This is a pretty high dose to jump off. If you are working with a prescribing doctor and are open and honest about your intentions they may switch you over to a sublingual application that would allow for more consistent dosing. I am not sure how the distribution of active ingredient is in a zubsolv film, but it already lends itself to difficult fractional measurements. Needless to say an ideal taper would end you in the fractions of a milligram rather than 8mg.

You likely are not going to catch your girlfriend, that would be a somewhat unreasonable goal, and in the end doing this for yourself makes the most sense. I've been clean since 8/31/2012. My wife has been clean since 10/2/2012. She saw how my life was changing and it inspired her. There was never any competition. Never any external pressure. Embrace the inspiration but don't forget to be gentle with yourself.

Thank you for the kind words jdfisse. I'm very supportive of her and her journey to sobriety. She's past the 72 hour make and feels pretty good. Again she was taking >1mg of bupe, so with the help of some Lyrica as well as 50 mg of traz, she was able to be somewhat comfortable. So now it's my turn, and she's going to help me. I have 70, 5.7mg left, I'm currently taking 2, 5.7 and still catching a high. Tomorrow I'm going to go 1 and 1 half 5.7 mg and go from there. I plan to continue to post my journey as well I will post how I feel tomorrow morning at the moment I'm more than fine I know I took too much this morning because I can feel it and in my opinion you're not supposed to feel it so that's what I'll be doing one hole 5.7 and 1/2. Thank you all again for the kind words.

Today was fine at 1-1/2, but I'm struggling not to take another half or so. I'm keeping strong.
UPDATE on girlfriend: pretty sure my beautiful girl is past it. It's been about 87 hours and she's just tired. Rls gone, some stomach pain but she's refusing any meds because she's not hurting that bad. Beautifully strong woman dude. I can't wait to be as low or off it like her. Thanks again to EVERYONE for the support.
Tomorrow is another 1 and 1/2, I'm gonna stick to the 4-7 day then drop method.

It may be worth switching to the 2 mg Suboxone strips so you can get your dose down to 0.25 mg. I am not familiar with the shape of Zubsolv or if they come in low dosage formulations.

I know getting to a really low dose is extremely important. Maybe you could use a liqued dosing tech when it starts getting hard to cut the Zub or hold it sublingually without ingesting part of the dose.

Very valid point Prescottdavid. The problem I have with switching is (I don't really like to discuss this for several reasons) I'm part of a assistance program with zubsolv,and get my medication free. Short of the doctor's appointment (which is disgusting may I add) I don't even pay for the shipping. I'm very lucky.
With that being said, the pills are very tough to split even with a pill cutter. I have to be honest, when I split the pill anyway, half, quarter, whatever, there's no way I can be exactly sure of the milligram..and that's a pretty big deal. The adding liquid idea is genius, I will be trying that for sure.
I was going to just say thank you, and hit that "post quick reply" button, but no I am trying to change. So... I actually ended up taking more today... I'm rather bummed at myself atm. I really haven't been feeling well all day today, but I waited as long as I could before breaking down, and taking more to ease the stomach pain and nervousness. It did help, but damnit that's not the point...
I'm also really worried my girlfriend is going to not take me serious when she does find out how many I've taken, and how many I have left..
I'm going to worry about tomorrow, and I have a few days off coming up (3 days in a row), I think I'll try to dose down to 1, 5.7mg pill a day (currently taking 2... ridiculous). My girlfriend suggested putting all of my medication in her parents safe locked up, all of course a week's worth of so. I've never enjoyed someone controlling my meds, but also don't know how to stop myself sometimes. I'm really struggling with a lot of thoughts, mostly negative, pertaining to my relationship and where I call home.
Gonna try again tomorrow.. thank you all, as always. You're encouraging words mean a ton.