Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mental preparation for MDMA use?

Eleusis

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

I'll start by saying that I'm fairly inexperienced with MDMA, seeing as I've only done it a handful of times. It's been over a year since I've taken any sort of substances, and I'm planning to end my near-sobriety with a nice evening of MDMA with my girlfriend. I've noticed that in anticipation of the come-up, I experience some general anxiety. I suppose it may be the fear of being overwhelmed as I have been so many times before, and maybe even acting the fool in public, as I have done many times before too. I'm generally an anxious person, so I'm not sure if this applies to many people, but I'm just wondering how other people may deal with the anxiety of coming up, or being in public situations while rolling. Do you just go headfirst into the experience without any mental preparation, accepting whatever happens (buy the ticket, take the ride), or do you gently ease yourself into the experience?

Would be very interested to know what all your responses are, as they would be of great help for the evening ahead.

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
The fact that you?re preparing or anticipating. Don?t think about it besides having harm reduction supps ready to go (I have some ready all the time split into little plastic bags for the rare occasions I roll) and have them marked for when to take them. Besides that, anticipation of anything can cause anxiety although I?m not sure how anxiety could exist once the MDMA hits. Just go with the flow or take a shot or two before

The fact that you?re preparing or anticipating. Don?t think about it besides having harm reduction supps ready to go (I have some ready all the time split into little plastic bags for the rare occasions I roll) and have them marked for when to take them. Besides that, anticipation of anything can cause anxiety although I?m not sure how anxiety could exist once the MDMA hits. Just go with the flow or take a shot or two before

What harm reduction supplements would you recommend beyond the usual anti-oxidants, magnesium and 5HTP?

What harm reduction supplements would you recommend beyond the usual anti-oxidants, magnesium and 5HTP?

This is what I use

T - 6 hours: 1000mg metformin ER, 400iu vitamin E, 200-400mg COQ10, 10mg astaxanthin

T - 3 hours: 1000mg ALCAR

T - 0 hours: 600mg alpha lipoid acid and 110mg MDMA + 50mg MDA

T + 1 hour: 600mg alpha lipoid acid, 1000mg curcumin, 1000mg vitamin c, 400mg magnesium, 100mg reversertrol, 1000mg ALCAR

T + 2 hours: 600mg ALA, 1000mg vitamin C

Before bed (~T + 5 hours): 600mg ALA, 500mg ALCAR, 2000mg vitamin C, 400mg magnesium

This is what I use

T - 6 hours: 1000mg metformin ER, 400iu vitamin E, 200-400mg COQ10, 10mg astaxanthin

T - 3 hours: 1000mg ALCAR

T - 0 hours: 600mg alpha lipoid acid and 110mg MDMA + 50mg MDA

T + 1 hour: 600mg alpha lipoid acid, 1000mg curcumin, 1000mg vitamin c, 400mg magnesium, 100mg reversertrol, 1000mg ALCAR

T + 2 hours: 600mg ALA, 1000mg vitamin C

Before bed (~T + 5 hours): 600mg ALA, 500mg ALCAR, 2000mg vitamin C, 400mg magnesium

WTF? Just go with the flow man! You don't need all that shit. Honestly, if you're that anxious about dropping MDMA that you feel the necessity to preload on all that, perhaps you shouldn't be taking it in the first place.

Jesus wept...

I dont get anxious but Im in pharmacy school and I love my brain very much (also wanna be doing this until Im 50+) and need it to function weekly for tests that most people wouldnt pass in an optimal mental state with preparation.

Ive made this protocol over several years based on both research and how I feel after rolling to essentially completely negate any negative effects to the brain. I get its not for everyone but it honestly takes seconds to throw a pack of pills back and WELL worth protecting your brain IMO - only have one.

Not to mention Ill be making 6-figures off of mine in the next couple years and dont want to jeapordize it.

A pack of pills? Sounds like you're necking the equivalent of a medium sized pharmacy with every 'roll' =D

(If you're that worried about your brain, don't do drugs...)

A pack of pills? Sounds like you're necking the equivalent of a medium sized pharmacy with every 'roll' =D

(If you're that worried about your brain, don't do drugs...)

Yeah they are all in small numbered plastic zip locks. Pull one out, throw it back, one gulp of water and good to go. Not worried about my brain - I just realize that I can partake in substances that show you incredible aspects of life and use my knowledge to prevent any negative effects as well.

If your brain isnt worth 5 seconds to you...well, spoken like a typical drug user which I dont ever want to be lol.

I get incredibly anxious before taking MDMA, the come-ups I experience are both physically and mentally intense, and thinking about how all my emotional walls WILL come down inevitably, which before it actually happens can be emotionally intimidating. I know that any mental/emotional conflicts I've maybe been avoiding, the MDMA will force me to face these things head on, which may be uncomfortable at first. I don't experience this from any other drug, psychedelics and all.

It's always been like this since I've started rolling and its just a part of the experience I've come to accept. I think a big thing to give you peace of mind is doing absolutely EVERYTHING in your power to make sure what you have is proper MDMA. Just because of how MDMA is portrayed in the media/society, I always have this paranoid after-thought in my head that comes out when the come-up begins, that what I took is after all not MDMA and I'm about to become a statistic. And then it all builds up to this intense moment, then poof, just like passing gas, that feeling is over and now I'm in fucking la-la-land.

The more you can do to reassure yourself both beforehand and during the experience that its going to be just fine, the better. It's the peace of mind that counts.

I don't experience anxiety weeks before the experience though, it's usually just the day of anxiously counting down the minutes until its time to dose. When the time comes, I dose at the same time with all my friends and fasten my mental seatbelt. Regardless, I usually have to wander off on my own or with my girlfriend during the come-up, just do what I gotta do and make myself as comfortable as possible.

A good friend of mine has quite the opposite technique lol, he goes head first into the crowd where the music and lights are all consuming and he says it basically serves as a distraction to the come-up. I get very fixated on the "oh shit I'm getting way too high right now".

Anyways, just remember the way you're feeling is relatively common, probably around half the people I know who roll have varying levels of anxiety leading up to and during the come-up stage of the experience.

You don't need and don't have to take harm reduction like pills/oil/drinks or anything else just a bottle of water, your mindset before the roll it what makes the experience tail flow.