• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do you do for a living ? And how you use your meds

I thought the thread was about what drugs we do in general.

Oh my bad, I misread the topic.

I have experience with a variety of different drugs, although recently the preferred pattern seems to be cannabis with an occasional opioid kicker

I run a company now. Still using and abusing but if the boss comes in with wired red eyes and white crumbs on his upper lip... Who is going to say what? Hahahaha!

Work at a bank I’m 24. Have been doing meth on and off for about 2 years now & absolutely no one knows. I left my job for another which I start in two weeks recently leaving me unemployed for a month now, my girlfriend that I live with is a teacher so is gone all day but I have now been binging for about 2 weeks straight sleeping every other night or so. Help, need to kick this dang habit

I did plumbing even went to school for it but then came down with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis so now I collect SSDI.

I used to work in food manufacturing also. Boxing taping wrapping pallets driving forklifts and all that kind of stuff too.

Got into oxycodone from being in pain with arthritis. I lost everything because of it. I fronted thousands of dollars worth of opioids and opiates but could no longer go on living like that. I was moving over to heroin quickly but realised I don't want to live like that/this anymore so now I'm at a methadone clinic going on 3 years in February and getting my life on track. I'm doing great now. And I'm happy again. God is so good.

Last edited:
I'm a professional musician. I wrote an album that went number 1 in asia and I was able to buy my house at the age of 26. I'm now 33 and my part time music jobs are enough for me to not have to worry about bills or groceries. My life is too easily set up for me to destroy myself with meth, alcohol and weed multiple days each week, as I have literally so much free time on my hands as I only really need to work maybe 12 hours a week. I'll be lucky to see 60 I think. I just dont know what else to do with myself. Good times hey!? hmm

I'm an installer/technician for residential and light commercial heating cooling and refrigeration. Some service work. Requires good problem solving skills and attention to detail. It can be extremely demanding, physically and otherwise. I usually dab before work, and it works well for me, I'm too socially anxious to enjoy talking to people (huge part of my job) I'm usually good for a 8 to 10 hour shift after that, if I'm around home I'll dab at lunch too. As for other substances, I wont do anything else at work, as I function best at about a 5/10 stoned

I've worked mostly in manufacturing, with brief periods of other work because I've burned out on manufacturing work multiple times but I keep going back because it's easy to find work in that field and it usually offers overtime. I left my last manufacturing job because of my mental health, and am currently working in fast food for the moment. I like it, the pay isn't great though and the hours are hit and miss. I move a lot (which I enjoy) so manufacturing works for that reason too because temp agencies are everywhere and offer jobs pretty quickly. I don't think I would be able to finish college if I attempted it because of my adhd (which was treated in the past but not currently) and I also don't want to get into the cycle of crippling debt from student loans, and I also believe that all you generally end up with is an expensive piece of paper and no jobs in the field you studied for. In a perfect world, if I could go to school for anything though and have it work out and end up with a job I'd go to be a veterinarian or vet tech. I love animals and it would be pure bliss to be surrounded by them at work. BUT ANYHOW...

I don't have meds that are any fun to take currently, and the only drug I will work on currently is caffeine. Lame, I know. If it weren't for my anxiety I would be on many more drugs. In the past (I'm talking like 10 years ago) I went to work on dxm quite a bit (floating around the kitchen washing dishes and prepping food...trippy I tell ya...incredibly irresponsible and I wouldn't do it these days but it was fun at the time) and when I was prescribed adderall it helped my attention span, completion of tasks and mood at work tremendously so I wish I could find a dr to prescribe it again. Other than those two drugs, I haven't worked on many substances because I think I'd just be scared of getting caught or having a drug suddenly fuck me and render me unable to function while working.

While not at work I use other drugs, but that's for another thread lol.

Zombiesarepeaceful -----> Working on caffeine is not lame... That's a good thing.

I used to come to work on crystal methamphetamine. I used to smoke crystal before work, during work, and after work. Stay up for days at a time while having to go to work in-between. I used to be at work hearing voices and thinking my coworkers were talking shit behind my back... Like they knew I was twisted... They didn't. I never acted like a wired nut because I had to keep it cool while I was at work. I would spin quietly. It was awful plus after being up for days and coming to work like that the days would last FOREVER. I would work for 20 minutes and it felt like 2 hours. I hated it.

One day I made the decision to stop coming to work high and I stopped getting high at work too. Everything became better. The days went by faster I felt normal again. I also started eating lunch lol... It was much better coming to work sober. Did that for the next 2 years and was much happier.

Stick to the caffeine. Have a great day!

Last edited:
I did plumbing even went to school for it but then came down with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis so now I collect SSDI.

I used to work in food manufacturing also. Boxing taping wrapping pallets driving forklifts and all that kind of stuff too.

Got into oxycodone from being in pain with arthritis. I lost everything because of it. I fronted thousands of dollars worth of opioids and opiates but could no longer go on living like that. I was moving over to heroin quickly but realised I don't want to live like that/this anymore so now I'm at a methadone clinic going on 3 years in February and getting my life on track. I'm doing great now. And I'm happy again. God is so good.

How has your experience with using methadone from a clinic to manage your pain?

It may soon be the only option to legal pain management. It seems very low stress in that you never have to worry about getting cut off your meds because the doctor is scared of the DEA. However it seems shitty in that you can't determine the time of your dose (ie take when the pain is worse) and save drugs on low pain days to use on high pain days.

I

I don't have a job right now but do you guys can keep a secret? My mom pays for my 1 gram per 3 days heroin habit... I know I'm a scumbag :(

I don't have a job right now but do you guys can keep a secret? My mom pays for my 1 gram per 3 days heroin habit... I know I'm a scumbag :(

Your not a scumbag bro. Your just sick with a horrible disease just like I am. =D
Methadone has saved my life though!

I'm kind of a jack of all trades, master of none. If I'm not working creatively I'm barista-ing, (like all other musicians/artists) otherwise I'm an event organizer, creative director of a biannual mojave based house and techno festival, DJ, electronic music producer, forager, I sell herbal teas and remedy blends for various ailments and sell them on etsy, and student of mycology. I also grow and sell cacti, mostly psychedelic types.
my meds? i'll take that to translate as kratom and cannabis, and the answer is I take kratom pretty recklessly, got a pretty hefty dependence on it, have been trying to shake for a while now. still better than being on dope or opium all the time, I was an absolute mess when that was going on. I smoke weed a lot less than I used to, I prefer really high CBD strains than "loud" anyway.
I'm thinking of getting on ADD meds though, perhaps Dex or Vyvanse, cause I have alot of talents and not a ton of drive at the moment. I remember adderall used to give me tons of motivation when i started on it as a kid.

Last edited:
For the next six months or so I am a line cook. pizza, alfredo, spaghetti, lasagna and a lot of other dishes daily for lunch. Also expo and basically make sure everyone gets their food.
I drink kratom about every 3 hours (only a 7 hour shift) and maybe go through a bar throughout the day. I will drink the kratom obline but i go out back to smoke (cig or wood), break a piece off the bus or whatever. GM knows we get down he gets his from me...lol

I am the effective and self-appointed CTO for my own (smallish) company. ;) Definitely has it's perks and can work from home a lot, as much as I still find reasons to complain about it. I make pretty heavy use of various nootropics, Armodafinil being my favourite go-to get-shit-done drug, also Phenylpiracetam, Tianeptine, copious amounts of coffee in the past although I have cut down a lot on caffeine recently. I've experimented with working on a range of stuff also when deadlines aren't an issue, from LSD to heroin. Kratom I found to be surprisingly helpful for a brief time. Used to use Phenibut to level out excess scattyness from mild stimulants but recently flushed all my Phenibut because I realised it was just making me too content with other uncomfortable situations in my life and I think had other cumulative and subtle negatives which are not immediately obvious.

English teacher. Represent, British-American International School of Zakho, Iraqi Kurdistan. Proud to say that I trained the next generation of blood-thirsty Peshmerga ISIS euthanizers :)