• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do you do for a living ? And how you use your meds

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Ok so i work 8 hour shifts 5 days a week as a factory worker, packing meals for supermarkets in the UK.

I work from 8am-4pm so i can go without the need of any of my medication until i arrive home. It works out perfect for me, just managed to get the shift time change. I work with some annoying, ignorant people lol its stunning how people act in work but not on the outside.

I was on 10pm-6am before that and used half my meds in work, i never liked it tbh sometimes coulnt get the job done proper and got told repeatedly, the people i work with are dicks, its too hard to hear anyone due to warehouse noise of machines, so things can get stressful on that shift. I wouldnt be able to function if i didnt have meds the night before work.

How about you guys ?

Last edited:
I'm currently homeless and unable to work because of a violent felony, but used to work at a bank, in finance. Currently collect disability.

I am diagnosed Bipolar, so i take Vraylar and Lamictal every night. On top of that, i enjoy smoking weed, and the occasional meth binge (which i consider medication for my lack of stimulation and undiagnosed ADD).

I'm currently homeless and unable to work because of a violent felony, but used to work at a bank, in finance. Currently collect disability.

I am diagnosed Bipolar, so i take Vraylar and Lamictal every night. On top of that, i enjoy smoking weed, and the occasional meth binge (which i consider medication for my lack of stimulation and undiagnosed ADD).

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, hope things work out for you, everyone needs a roof over their heads. :(

Glad to hear you're on the day shift now. :) I'm moving this over to Drug Culture

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, hope things work out for you, everyone needs a roof over their heads. :(

Thank you.

Good thing is it's a department of mental health shelter so i have my own room, but we still get kicked out from 8am - 4pm during the week.

Graduating from a doctorate of pharmacy program next spring. Currently a pharmacist intern in a grocery store chain. I take fluoxetine 20 mg, bupropion XL 300 mg, cetirizine 10 mg (for chronic autoimmune hives), and liothyronine 25 mcg. I take them all in the morning.

Graduating from a doctorate of pharmacy program next spring. Currently a pharmacist intern in a grocery store chain. I take fluoxetine 20 mg, bupropion XL 300 mg, cetirizine 10 mg (for chronic autoimmune hives), and liothyronine 25 mcg. I take them all in the morning.

Nice. I wanted to do medical school but its too late for me or getting to the point. You just studying atm then ?

Nice. I wanted to do medical school but its too late for me or getting to the point. You just studying atm then ?

Thanks man, I am mostly done with studying, just doing final year practice experience. Then just licensing exams!

I work in health care. Started at the bottom and gradually working my way up.

I use any and all drugs to alleviate anxiety on a bad day, and to foster a general sense of euphoria on a good day. Sometimes it's alcohol, sometimes it's marijuana, sometimes it's opiates. Sometimes it's a whole bunch of random things.

I work in health care. Started at the bottom and gradually working my way up.

I use any and all drugs to alleviate anxiety on a bad day, and to foster a general sense of euphoria on a good day. Sometimes it's alcohol, sometimes it's marijuana, sometimes it's opiates. Sometimes it's a whole bunch of random things.

Very interesting to know given you work in the health sector. I always wondered if health workers would prefer pharma based meds over illegal drugs or alcohol.

Don't like to diclose much of myself. But I will say the work is highly technical and requires lots of attention to detail.

Opioids are the only drug I can work on. As they don't altar my mind too much. And motivate me to work longer hours and givee energy boost.

Amps would work in the past. But I can't take them due to health reasons anymore.

I'm on lots of meds and don't feel like publicly disclosing what I do for a living on here.

I worked in accounting for 25+ years and was on opiates of one kind or another most of the tkme. I actually.found that I could get super concentrated and the nature of working with numbers and the like worked pretty darn well. It would make time fly by since I'd be so deep into the work I wouldn't have any sense of time at all.

I'm a Systems Engineer (Linux mostly) and Infrastructure Engineer. I write a lot of code to automate processes, as well as setup and manage infrastructure components. Components such as web servers, proxy servers, authentication, server provisioning, configuration management, etc etc. Basically: Anything to do with Linux, AWS, or automating processes. Sometimes that means I replace people wit bash scripts (hey, if you cant make yourself more useful than a couple lines of bash commands, thats your own fault! :p )

Reasons I love doing what I do...

• It pays well, very well,
  • I didn't need a college degree to do it (in my field, they're pretty much useless)
  • It gives me endless opportunities to learn new things on a daily basis
  • Im given the ability to come up with innovative solutions to complex and complicated issues
  • It's never monotonous (In my field, if you find yourself doing the same thing over and over... then you're doing it wrong)

As for the "medication", I prepare a mix the night before and store it in a vial (like this one), and bring it in with a couple points. Then whenever I need to dose, it's just a quick bathroom break. Simple!

As for the "medication", I prepare a mix the night before and store it in a vial (like this one), and bring it in with a couple points. Then whenever I need to dose, it's just a quick bathroom break. Simple!

Do you mind if I ask what your "medication" generally consists of? Just out of curiosity. Also very happy to hear that you work in a field that you really enjoy - God knows so many of us don't.

Do you mind if I ask what your "medication" generally consists of? Just out of curiosity. Also very happy to hear that you work in a field that you really enjoy - God knows so many of us don't.
Yessir. That would be some good ol heroin.

I worked in accounting for 25+ years and was on opiates of one kind or another most of the tkme. I actually.found that I could get super concentrated and the nature of working with numbers and the like worked pretty darn well. It would make time fly by since I'd be so deep into the work I wouldn't have any sense of time at all.
I know that feel.

Last edited:
I've mostly held retail employment most of the past three years since college. I used to take opioids, coffee and wax at work fairly often. As a pizza driver in college, I was stoned the entire shift, every shift. Smoked at work, smoked with customers, smoked when I passed my house on a delivery. Good times.

My last job was in sales at an electronics store. I would take opioids at work and have bit of caffiene, I was top salesman in my department. Then I realized I couldn't be high at work all the time forever, and my supply was running thin. I became one of the worst salesman within weeks lol.

My new job will be randomly drug testing, but the pay is finally there, considering I have a BA. So I won't be doing drugs at all as long as I'm there. It'll be something new for me.

I'm unemployed because I am badly injured. Not drawing any workers comp, I'm going to social security this week to try to get funds. Shit is way too real right now, it's like a jungle out there

I'm a weekend bartender. I only work once or twice a week, but its enough to pay for my habit and still pay my half of the rent, so I really can't complain. My drug of choice is ms contin and I usually wait til I'm off work to take a heavy dose of that, but if I start feeling anxious during work hours I keep 15mg to 45mg on hand (I use a pill-splitter). I also smoke a bowl before going in and might drink a little throughout the night if I've been having a bad day.

Last edited: