• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin missed in my leg - pain 10-10 - am I going to lose my leg ? what happened halp plz

imjeff

Greenlighter
around 7pm yesterday ( last night ) I was trying to hit my left leg, not the inside more on the outside of my calf near the shin bone, I pushed the rig in and no blood pulled back so I started to take it out to re-enter a new spot but as I was pulling it out blood rushed in ... so I decided I'd push it in and almost immediately it started to burn so i stopped, pulled back and saw the blood enter again so I ended up pushing the whole thing in because it takes me a good 30 mins to an hr to find a vein ( everything's blown out ) so I pushed about 60ccs in over the course of a few minutes because it was burning so I'd push little in at a time .. after I finish and untie, the site on my leg I went into turns purple and most of the skin around it turns a redish-purple ... and not even an hour after that my leg has such sharp pain it makes me want to blow my brains out, couldn't sleep all night because I was changing ice-packs (which helps maybe bring the pain to 8-10) and it's now 10am and I even took a bar to try to sleep, I've done about 2 shots since then thinking maybe it would help with the pain but to my luck, no help relieving this unbearable pain ... so basically does anyone know why my skin turned purple or why I'm in such pain ? I know what an abcess is and I'm pretty sure that's not what happened .. did I hit an artery ? are there any steps I can take that would relieve the pain ? should I not be icing it, should I keep it under heat instead ? any knowledge you might have to help me threw this situation is greatly appreciate cuz i can barely walk ... and why did blood fill into the rig when I was pulling it out instead of blood rushing in when I was pushing it in .. this is my first post so if there's anything that I wrote that isn't appropriate I apologize. thank you
and will I lose my leg ?

- not rele jeff

I would go to an ER at the hospital if you can barely walk. That's obviously not an ideal shot.

Yeah my girl said if it still hurts in the morning she'd take me to the hospital so I'm just waiting for her to wake up .. after years of using IV it probably happened cuz my veins are blown out ? I don't see veins popping out of my skin at all anymore when I used to be able to see them all

1ml I ment 60 units .. I wonder how much you can fit in 60mls ignoring the fact that it'd kill you lol

You hit an artery most likely. You need to go the ER. This is extremely serious complication. Not advisable to wait it out

fuck, okay .. I tried to wait it out to see if the pain would go away but not in the slightest has it

I just recovered and learned my lesson the hard way as well man. Also no veins, ended up being so desperate started shooting my jugular.
Got an abscess on my neck...
Funny thing (but not funny) is I used to joke around about ?missing your neck and having to get it cut open is impossible they?d have to cut your head off hahaha?
Well not hahah anymore I went to the urgent care had litocain injected in my neck (right above the collar bone on the left side) and the doctor just went at my neck with two hands squeezing puss out.

I?m healed up now and I?m completely fine, it?s been about 2 weeks since the ordeal.

I hope you update us with good news man, when you?re in that situation, the unknown as to what will happen to you once you get to the hospital is the scariest thing ever.

Really hope you just get an expensive bill out of this and that?s all. Please update us if you can

Jesus dude. Damn. Glad you got it sorted @gorillaboy.

The real scary thing is not the hospital, its losing a limb due to this dirty shot shit! I understand you gotta shoot somewhere, but dang, thats a heavy price to pay!

I hope you update us, Jeff.

Damn dude.. I hope its nothing serious. Please don't forget to update us!

What color was the blood when you pulled back? Bright red? Bright red and foamy? The pressure difference should have been markedly different , completely different. But yes the pain usually means either a total miss, you could have been just nicking any vessel thinking it was a register, or an artery.

Sorry mate, you will be okay and fixed up no worries and lucky you gave a supportive gif to help out.

I'm not gonna bother with the usual quit the iv lecture, I did see recently that there are vein finding aids and special lights around that are for phlebotomists , try googling for them and even without that there are ways to make a vein pop out .

Get off bluelight and go to the hospital, man. That's no blown vein. Next time, if it burns, or even if you think you might not be in a vein, just find a different one. Its not losing a limb just to take a chance at a shot. Ive had a situation similar where i thought it was in, but luckily it just resulted in a miss and a blow and healed up quickly. This is obviously pretty bad because you've obviously been slamming a while and you obviously feel like its such an issue that you haven't seen before that you posted in a forum about it

Dude are u ok now? Did u go to the hospital. We concerned for u man. Let us know how u are when u get a chance. From your description it does sound serious. U better have been to the hospital by now.

Best of luck friend.

@gorrillaboy21 damn thats super crazy im glad you were able to recover from that .. that neck shit is serious i cant hit my neck as my veins are ni longer showing anywhere in my body .. i feel you tho man i cant even go get blood work done because the idea of them poking me for an hour and coming out empty handed doesnt appeal to me lol ..

sorry for the late reply guys this was my first post and i just let this page sit in the back of my chrome .. you guys are great though i now feel the urge to become more active haha <3

@ zephyr the blood was dark red actually and the blood onioned-in(sort of looked like a.mushroom like came in super fast and straight blood then curled at the end)

anyways i went to the hospital a couple days later and thankfully they didnt cut me open .. she said that antibiotics and leaving it alone would take care of it, i dont think she believed me about hitting an artery but its been a while since then so i dont remember exactly what she said .. they told me to go back if it persisted but after the 3 bottles of antibiotics they gave me i could put pressure on the leg again so i was fine, they stuck me with a nice bill but im glad i went. since then i have been being much more diligent in being more sanitary ( alcohol wipes , figi h2o,new cotton) and not reusing a rig anymore than twice .. its been going on 5 or 6 years since ive been iv-ing atleast 3 times a day everyday so its really hard for me to hit .. im not sure about the rules on posting pictures but i would post some of my legs and arms cuz literally its so weird i cant get blood to rush in and if it does it comes in super slow and bright bright red ? idk .. thank you for the info everyone, i will check back daily =p

The burning sensation is hitting an artery as the substance injected travels to the extremities as oppose to when you inject into a vein and it travels to your heart. When I was in hospital a while back I had an arterial line inserted and they would draw arterial blood every day. When they did so they would then flush the line with saline and even that used to hurt my fingertips as the saline passes down through the capillaries. You need to be very very careful with this as if there are large particles in the injected substance it will travel down to your extremities (in this case your foot) and stay there lingering and causing an infection which can lead to you losing the limb. Please be careful dude

@gorrillaboy21 damn thats super crazy im glad you were able to recover from that .. that neck shit is serious i cant hit my neck as my veins are ni longer showing anywhere in my body .. i feel you tho man i cant even go get blood work done because the idea of them poking me for an hour and coming out empty handed doesnt appeal to me lol ..

sorry for the late reply guys this was my first post and i just let this page sit in the back of my chrome .. you guys are great though i now feel the urge to become more active haha <3

@ zephyr the blood was dark red actually and the blood onioned-in(sort of looked like a.mushroom like came in super fast and straight blood then curled at the end)

anyways i went to the hospital a couple days later and thankfully they didnt cut me open .. she said that antibiotics and leaving it alone would take care of it, i dont think she believed me about hitting an artery but its been a while since then so i dont remember exactly what she said .. they told me to go back if it persisted but after the 3 bottles of antibiotics they gave me i could put pressure on the leg again so i was fine, they stuck me with a nice bill but im glad i went. since then i have been being much more diligent in being more sanitary ( alcohol wipes , figi h2o,new cotton) and not reusing a rig anymore than twice .. its been going on 5 or 6 years since ive been iv-ing atleast 3 times a day everyday so its really hard for me to hit .. im not sure about the rules on posting pictures but i would post some of my legs and arms cuz literally its so weird i cant get blood to rush in and if it does it comes in super slow and bright bright red ? idk .. thank you for the info everyone, i will check back daily =p

Pictures have been posted up before of misadventures with iv use but PM a mod and they will clarify this, it might help you to describe things and focus to see what you see and compare to what we have had happen.

People can manage to iv for decades but it depends on the individual's luck with having easily seen and used veins.

I'm not lucky in that regard and have fucked up my usual veins a long time ago and cant be bothered fucking around with areas I know are tricky, it's not worth it and limping around thinking I have fucked up and needvhodpital does not a good high make, as good as the rush is it's not that good to bother.

@apocalypse_when thats interesting larger particles can get stuck in the arterial wall ? is that what can cause an infection ? cuz sometimes blood will clump with the luqid while its still in the rig .. but my foot doesnt have any coloration that would look like infection / nor does it hurt as if it was infected .. im glad i went to the hospital and got it looked at otherwise that might notve been the case ..

but okay if nessicary i will contact a mod and ask for
i am in the same boat as you when it comes to not being able to hit in the same spot for long peroids of time. i continuously have to keep switching areas otherwise cuz its just not worth the damage