European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Weird what im asked when seeing the doc

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
ok so when i go to the docs we usually have different docs all the time, so have to repeat things a lot, very annoying. Why is it that different docs keep asking why i take this medication (tramadol) its only half the recommended dose daily anyway.

Im 26 years old from the UK, been on them for around 5 years or so prescribed. Also other opiods, benzos.

But only with tramadol am i constantly asked why i take it, it should be on the system

Is there a specific reason tramadol are prescribed or something, its hardly anything like morphine.

Why do you take tramadol?

Tbh that isnt anyone but mine and my doctors buisness but i take it for chronic back pain following a motorbike collision years ago. Problem of pain was never operatered on just constantly given painkillers. I get bad pain when working (labouring) doing simple jobs, i have to walk small distances, i have foot problems due to accident, arched back due to accident all this affects my job without medication. I cant function at work nor at home without it.

Any drug that can be abused are handled very carefully on the NHS. The thing is though sometimes drugs are fine one day and the doctor is prescribing them to everyone the next week the same drug is labeled as bad and has a "possibility for misuse".

It is what it is and has been going on for decades.

Seeing as this is a question based about your doctors in the UK and NHS I'm going to move this to EADD. You might have better luck with regional questions there, but a question regarding why your doctors are asking something is going to be heavy on the speculation so I can't guarantee they won't close it.

OD-->EADD

It's an old article but it might be worth reading this

Yep i heard all about that one of the docs i seen actually told me but its just some docs are like hey all good heres your script, others im repeating myself and explaining why i take the meds, is this normal ?

Its always horses for courses with doctors and the ones more susceptible to group think are more inclined to make random issues out whatever the problem drug of the moment is (while I cannot stand the stuff personally tramadol is undoubtedly blazing its own trail at the moment above and beyond general poly - opiate dependency as a DOC of abuse in its own right) despite, as you have stated from your own experience, paying little or no attention to other prescriptions that are equally as dependence forming.

Its always horses for courses with doctors and the ones more susceptible to group think are more inclined to make random issues out whatever the problem drug of the moment is (while I cannot stand the stuff personally tramadol is undoubtedly blazing its own trail at the moment above and beyond general poly - opiate dependency as a DOC of abuse in its own right) despite, as you have stated from your own experience, paying little or no attention to other prescriptions that are equally as dependence forming.

I do understand to a degree, mods/admins here speak very well & well educted for me to grasp fully what you mean with some replies. However i do havve a dependancy i fully well know that but i need that to function and manage my day, my life would be easier, much easier if i wasnt in so much pain with my arthritus in my back.

... However i do havve a dependancy i fully well know that but i need that to function and manage my day, my life would be easier, much easier if i wasnt in so much pain...

You're very much speaking to the choir here...

Really is just down to individual docs though. Some jump on every media flurry and others don't. Tramadol has recently been involved in such a flurry so some docs will be dicks about it for a while. Such things come and go. As long as you have genuine need and the medical history to back it up it's unlikely to become more than the minor inconvenience of having to repeatedly explain yourself and, more to the point, the notes that are quite literally at their fingertips, ad nauseum. It may be a pain but bear in mind there are many, many people in similar positions whose doctors simply will not prescribe no matter what. Small mercies and all that.