• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How does clonodine help kratom withdrawals?

I took .4 and have 80% of my anxiety reduced. I hope this is it folks. I hope I found something non addictive

Frankly I'm amazed that you're conscious and coherent enough to make a post at that dose. There's going to be hell to pay on your cardiovascular system if you ever go off it at those doses.

Well it says that 0.3 is the highest. And not to mistake 3 mg. 0.4 is where I?m at. The highest is 0.6 and 2.4 is the highest it can go.

The 2.4mg dose is for people having cardiac emergencies. Given that you're posting on BL, I'm going to assume you're not in a hospital having a cardiac emergency. I was on clonidine for years and had to stop (made my blood pressure too low), so I have years worth of experience with it. I'm assuming you just started taking it, so 1. I'm amazed you're even coherent after taking .4mg, and 2. if you don't already have high blood pressure, you're putting yourself at risk of dangerously low blood pressure, which is going to spike to dangerously high blood pressure when it starts to wear off. I'm not saying this because I read some shit on the internet, I'm telling you how it is because I've been on it. The highest dose I was on was .3mg and that was over the course of a day, not all at once, and the only reason I took that much is because I couldn't have my .1mg/day transdermal patch in rehab.

Well I?m not dizzy and my blood pressure isn?t too low. But yes I?ll wean from here to my .2 twice a day

Do you think I?ll have the same benifits with .2 twice a day.? Because I?m feeling really well. And I don?t want to die tho.

.3-.4mg is most likely not going to be dangerous, if taken throughout the day, not all at once. One of the drawbacks of clonidine is that while it drops dangerously high blood pressure fast (its most common medical use), blood pressure will rebound after it wears off, and the lower it makes your blood pressure, the worse the rebound.

Crap I see. Well why did it just start working. Every other time I didn?t feel the benifits and like I said I?m prescribed.4 through out the day. .2 twice a day but today I took it and it?s like the lights came on.

Does it take a few days for it to work?

Outstanding work keeping your BP monitored OP!

What have you done to work on getting your BP under control? I mean, has it been an issue in the past? It sounds like you're really benefit from working with a doctor on it long term.

The major concern with BP and clonidine is the BP not dropping too low. The other concern is the BP fluctuating too rapidly between very high and very low, straining your heart. You'll want to do everything you can to keep it stable as possible, although during acute withdrawal there is only so much you can do.

How long into withdrawal are you? I'd definitely make an appointment with your doctor, ideally a cardiologist, to work on the BP stuff. The clonidine may be working better now because the rest of your system has made progress beginning to recover from kratom withdrawal.

Since I have a hyperactive thyroid I?m thinking the clonodine helping me was just a tip of what was wrong with me.

I see the endrconologist on the 18th but like I said with 0.4 I felt a massive relief but anything below that I just feel still crappy.

My thyroid symptoms.
Insomnia
Night sweats.
Anxiety
Muscle pain and weakness

Dizziness upon standing.

My heart rate is always normal is idk know if the clonodine has been helping that.

I?m always nine days back into a gabapentin withdrawals again. So it?s hit and miss. The rapid weight loss spooked the doctor and she was right. I possibly have Graves? disease.

But I do however have a hyperactive thyroid.

Over Kratom withdrawals. It was causing me more anxiety. I hardly have any anxiety or depression and I can finally sleep.

Over Kratom withdrawals. It was causing me more anxiety. I hardly have any anxiety or depression and I can finally sleep.
Sorry, I know this is very old but I'm about to seek a similar approach. Sounds like it helped the kratom withdrawals? How many grams of kratom were you on each day, prior to quitting? Also, how did the gabbapentin withdrawal come out? I truly hope you are well buddy.

t
When I stand up I get very dizzy. Idk if that?s the Clonidine or the Kratom withdrawals.

I lose my hearing and everything. I?ve only eaten two slices of bread in three days.

Ugh man this is hard.
that’s syncope brother. your blood pressure is bottoming out. i almost passed out the first 3 days i took it. dosing charts will say take .1-.2 every 6 hours but i always just took .1 and never any more because it will drop you in a heartbeat