Admin Attention Current Events and Politics has become a toxic echo chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
There's way too much toxcity/trolling/harassment allowed in CEP.

This is yet another example of how bluelight's staff/mods and people who the staff/mods like in CEP are allowed to troll/harass people who they do not agree with or who post thing in the echo chamber of CEP that they do not like or agree with politically, and there's a huge bias there-don't bother denying that it does not exist since myself and many others here on bluelight who were around long before some of the current staff know what CEP was once like when Bardeaux was alive and a moderator and it was more balanced and everyone would debate but it was done in a friendly manner.

No offense, but "decades ago" you also decided to bend over and take it up the ass from Vladimir Putin. You're more or less a traitor to the American republic, and I hope you understand that.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/847737-WalkAway?p=14377461#post14377461

09-06-2018 17:00
Dear zephyr,

You have received an infraction at Bluelight.

Reason: expiring infraction
-------
Dear Zephyr,

You have been issued an expiring infraction.

This infraction is for chronic disruption of CE&P discussions, and repeatedly making inappropriate remarks about CE&P staff and moderation after specific requests to pm the staff or go to STH to address such concerns.

Additionally, as you are Bluelight Crew, you are v familiar with the appropriate channels.

From your time on staff, you know how time-consuming dealing with chronic situations can become. It had been difficult for some BL staff to understand why you were taking out your frustrations in a way that you understood would consume a great deal of volunteer time, particularly with individuals who were not involved in the issues for which you have understandable concerns.

Many of the BL staff have been hesitant to issue this infraction. Concerns about the issues have been discussed at length by staff at all levels, respectfully and professionally.

The discussion was more extensive than you might imagine because a number of BL staff advocated for giving you leeway, as well of the benefit of the doubt, including myself.

In recognition of the commendable contribution you have made and continue to make to BL, as well as your sense of caring for the BL community, the discussion for quite some time was how to best reach out to you. Those avenues were unfortunately exhausted. This infraction was the last resort.

Regrettably, you have inappropriately and unfairly attacked several BL staff members. swilow has been the latest of several targets.

Although you posted v harsh comments about swilow in P&S and TL, rather than CE&P, they are relevant to your abuse of a current BL staff member.

Your posts and threads and RPs have an impact. They affect staff members and the site negatively, and it's unfair, unproductive and disruptive. It needs to stop.

BL is primarily a harm reduction community that is inclusive and non-judgmental as a whole, and welcomes those that society marginalizes due to stigmatization of drug users. In that way, it makes sense that it is left-leaning. BL doesn't allow views that are considered by the majority of staff to be hateful, and we are trying to protect our community from hate. We can't make everyone happy, and have had to make a choice on what to allow and what not to allow.

But acknowledging that is quite different than charging corruption of the moderation processes without any substantiation. No moderator is able to simply ban BLers they don't like. You know this is true. Infractions are reviewed and sometimes overturned.

While fully acknowledging your time on staff, it behooves me to remind you that if you wish to voice concerns and opinions about CE&P moderating decisions, either pming relevant staff or posting in STH might be appropriate.

If you have a problem with certain individuals, you can pm them directly or a senior CE&P staff member. Publicly airing personal disagreements isn't helpful.

We regret the hate you have been subjected to offsite. Staff members regret that it couldn't be shut down at the source or otherwise stopped.

BL staff requested that a number of remarks be included in this infraction and I tried to include all of them because although it's a bit unconventional, your contributions merit it.

Best, CD

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/showthread.php?p=14345363

Yeah lets get back to insulting Trump and also hazing Trump supporters, so far anyone who supports Trump must be idiots, racists, nazis, whatever the like.

Very high standards indeed.

I dont know any Trump supporters personally. This all must be true and above board. Right?

All the best,
Bluelight​

This entire hing is pretty funny to be honest,. Calling the Trump bashing thread a trump bashing thread is somehow mod abuse ? Really? Also mentioning increased fighting on FB is also anti swillow and a dig at cep mods? Really?

Oh no it wasn't. Read the damn thing. It's a trump bashing thread. An infraction for calling swillow mean and not worthy of respect in some other place when he was being an arsehole is cute. A non expiring infraction for reporting a post of his as there was nothing wrong with it... Ahh sure.

"Although you posted v harsh comments about swilow in P&S and TL, rather than CE&P, they are relevant to your abuse of a current BL staff member"

Cduggles, you dont mod anywhere but cep. Its been made public how you and your cohort have been banning for bullshit reasons which is enough to raise alarm bells in itself and highlights why I have a problem with specific staff who I knew were up to this anyway. A lot of staff are fantastic and unfortunately some left because of staff like you . This is the best part of this tldr really and quite frankly if any staff have a problem with what I say at least have the cohones to actually respond at the time because its incredibly gutless and useless having a bitch about it in staff. Theres no point having public forums if people like you or swillow arent capable of modding them.

CEP is a joke and cduggs and swillow should be fired. The overbearing Edward Scissorhands of cduggs and banning for shit reasons just gets pounced on as your weakness by a couple trolls but has affected far more than one or two creeps.

Having said that, it's unlikely to happen but there's a real lack of interest in cep, so who cares. Maybe just "flush" it as well?

Last edited:
There's way too much toxcity/trolling/harassment allowed in CEP.

PTCH, the proper course for addressing this is reporting the post, which I see you've done. This makes gives notice to the forum mods, as well as sr. staff who don't have a dog in the fight to see if fairness is being applied. Please let that run it's course. If you feel that's not getting enough attention, you can contact senior staff, which you have ALSO done in sending a PM to me directly. Give us a chance to check it.

Posting yet another "TOXIC CEP" thread in STH is not going to help, given the history of such threads in this forum. Give us a chance to address this, and recognize we're not twiddling our thumbs hoping for a reported post...we actually have a LOT going on right now, for a volunteer staff of (ex?)druggies...so patience is required. You know this.

09-06-2018 17:00
Dear zephyr,

Having said that, it's unlikely to happen but there's a real lack of interest in cep, so who cares. Maybe just "flush" it as well?​

Zephyr, it's poor form to post infractions, but then again it is yours so who is to stop you? But do you really think this helps anything, in any way?

Again, I've spoken with you via PM and indicated I will look into CEP. But as you can see it is not priority A #1 right now with the other things we have going on. This isn't a blow off saying "we will get back to you (not really, we will just ignore it)". I'm giving my word I'll look into it, but we need some time to get through our current issues, of which this accusation is but one.​

I am closing this thread for now. I'm asking that those with an issue use the mechanisms available (Report things, PM an admin or use the admin email account).

I ask that those with an issue consider what they can do to help improve the situation, aside from just reporting it. Can their participation in these 'problem areas' change in a way that tries to improve those areas? Or does a person just need to step away from it for awhile until staff can actually give it the attention being requested?

Bottom line - message received on our end. Can the members either help or stay out of it for a bit, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.