Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Frustrated with new zealand opiates

justsiftin

Greenlighter
hey, first post. long time lurker.
grew up in New Zealand but spent most of my life in Australia. Now, back in New Zealand and wow, can't be more disappointed in the opiate and heroin scene here.
Or should I say lack off...
As far as I've noticed there's very little Heroin here, and the other main opiates here - morphine and homebake, are very hard to find if you even can. Knowing plenty of drug related contacts still doesn't help as the opiate scene here is that much hidden/non existent. No online sellers either - crazy.
Even crazier with New Zealand being so close to the Golden triangle.

The point of the thread though being to discuss the opiate scene in New Zealand and here what others have to say, hopefully from a few kiwis too.

Peace.

Just read the rules and see my post is skirting very close to breaking forum rules, sorry about that, chalk it up to my first post. To make my thread fit the rules a bit better - Mainly just wanting to discuss anything related to New Zealand opiates. Nothing specific.

Just read the rules and see my post is skirting very close to breaking forum rules, sorry about that, chalk it up to my first post. To make my thread fit the rules a bit better - Mainly just wanting to discuss anything related to New Zealand opiates. Nothing specific.

Welcome man! And top stuff for picking up a honest error and actually reading the guidelines. Respect.
One of the awesome ADD staff will fix anything they feel need be.

Im in Australia- so cant really relate dude sorry

Cheers Andy! Stoked I finally registered, about time. Ahh how id love to be back in Vic or SA right now!

i hear its hard to get ahold of opiates over there. a friends roomate said he found some morphine on holiday over there but it was tough i guess its how badly u wanna search

Maybe. . . just maybe. . . its a blessing in disguise? :)

^All too well :\

Honestly though, at the worst times, the only way I would not take opiates is if I simply couldn't get them- detox/rehab sort of places. It had to be impossible or I would find a way. :| Hence, lack of opiates might be somewhat of a free kick so to speak.

I am frustrated by UK opiates as despite having a methadone prescription I cannot stop poisoning myself and ruining my circulatory system with street heroin, having been in and out of addiction since 2005 - I cleaned myself up two years later after becoming a public disgrace (I was a qualified nurse and after being arrested while trying to buy heroin I was struck off the professional register, making the headlines of the cites daily newspaper), loosing my job and with it any financial means to continue, but being forced into it meant I learned nothing. I managed to rebuild my life and develop a second career and although my occasional (every 3 months) treat to myself meant that a relapse was inevitable at some point, I spent the best part of 6 years without a habit. I did become physically dependant in the summer of 2010 after my partner slept with another man behind my back,which while heartbreaking to me is still nothing more than an excuse, but got myself clean again within 3 months, quite fortuitous as less than a fortnight later the UK was hit by the worst heroin drought since the Misuse of Drugs Act was passed in 1972, our main piece of domestic legislation criminalising drug use after the USA demanded that we followed their lead as set out in the Single Convention.

I finally relapsed completely in 2013 and reluctantly agreed to methadone treatment and have not worked a day since, having become the piece of human garbage I feared I would if I ever got stuck on MMT. I deserve everything that has occurred and apologise for crashing the forum yet again, but I am currently high and am rambling and have noticed that people have commented on how this forum requires more traffic, even if it is only my own pathetic witterings that I can contribute.

Opiate addicts are everywhere in New Zealand; it's just not as popular as meth, mostly home bake heroin etc tho

Hey bro, I'm new also to the forums hut have used the site for years past. Yeah llthe only thing around here is meth tbh, sucks really. Although I never used heroin, only pain killers.

I have an annoying problem with my Doctor here in New Zealand. He prescribes me Severdol (morphine) but its too much and I ask for Tramadol since it doesnt affect me as crazy as the stuff hes given me and they won't??? I don't understand.

I remember reading a "how-to" on making homebake and it was written by a Kiwi.

Sounds like dangerous stuff.

If you're using for pain management, why not talk to a doctor?

I have talked to him, many times over and over and he won't change me over. What I'm given is way too powerful, before that I was prescribed Codeine out the wazoo! like heaps of them, which had its own side effects. I think because I specifically asked to be changed to Tramadol hes looking at me all suspicious when its coming from a genuine place of concern from the other drug side effects.

That sounds very strange. Maybe he believes tramadol won't be as effective for you. It seems odd that he won't listen to your complaints. Find another doctor if possible.

Sometimes I think there?s a lot of GPs that just like pissing people off. Giving them the opposite of what they know will work.

Tramadol has anti-depressant key to it. Works a bit different from pretty much the rest. Codeine, oxy,morphine.

just in case ya didn?t know ;-).

Have to be careful with it so it doesn?t interact with other meds you may be taking.

wether your GP is taking this onboard, I have no idea.

Last edited:
My partner had back surgery and he was given a mix of Tramadol and another opiate so I tried what he had left of his Tramadol and its like night and day how it affects me compared to the morphine. I don't feel like a itchy derpy derp and can get work done instead of needing to get into bed to sleep it off. Maybe my mistake was telling him I had tried my partners and it worked better for me than what he prescribed along with asking for it by name. I just wish you could be upfront with your GP without them getting weird about it?

He did give me the talk about how its addictive and its like dude, your prescribing me good quantities of Morphine/Codeine (which I do not want) yet your worried about Tramadol addiction?

It's now at the point I would rather suffer in pain cause feeling like a zombie is just not for me.

Bizzare. After my shoulder surgery I had scripts for oxy and tramadol.

At the time my doc did stop my monthly diaz supply. Since I don’t use opiates anymore he’s back to scripting it for me

but 100mg in a month, that’s getting squeezed out to 5 weeks. I was a bit shocked drug company’s make 2mg tablets...?