• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I.V Suboxone and convulsions?

Cmanin203

Greenlighter
I have been using bupe via I.V method for a couple months now around 2-3 mgs at a time and nothing has
Gone wrong except the last two times ive gotten cotton fever like syptoms. But everything i use is sterilized. New cotton, new rig. The first time i got a fever it was 2mgs and had convulsion like shakes and sweats and i did it a second time the next day with 3mgs being extra careful and i was good for about an hour or so and thought cool im fine...but the fever came on and i got convulsions again and im fucking confused because i dont know what it could be, any opinions? Thoughts?

Last edited:
My thoughts are that IV suboxone is not a good idea and its probably not cotton fever that is causing your problems but all the compounds found in a orally administered buprenorphine pill that should not find their way into your veins and heart.

What kind of filters do you use? Maybe you should switch to micron filters. Some are capable of filtering certain bacteria i believe plus it'll be a lot healthier in the long run.

Im using strips by the way i know its not good and i plan on stopping. Just trying to figure out whats causing the shakes. People IV these for years before problems come i doubt its the fillers already giving me things like shakes. But its a possibility

Everytime i injected Suboxone strip i used to get really sharp headache.That didnt happen with Subutex,maybe its that naloxone in it.

Im using strips by the way i know its not good and i plan on stopping. Just trying to figure out whats causing the shakes. People IV these for years before problems come i doubt its the fillers already giving me things like shakes. But its a possibility
I just had the same thing happen to me. Only been doing this IV for a month or two but started getting really ill yesterday morning like you said. Thought it was cotton fever, switched out everything and it still happened two more times. It occurred to me after the fact that I used pieces from the same film all three times but used brand new everything else each time. Afterwards I checked to see if something looked off with my films but had finished the one that I used those three times. I opened two from that lot # and looked at them carefully and noticed they had spots on them..I've never seen anything like it before and I compared the two with spots to two other films from a different lot # straight from the sealed wrappers they come in and they had no spots at all. Did you ever figure out what was happening with you?

For one, there are very few advantages to shooting bupe at all; and I hope you are aware that you are only doing it because you are addicted to the needle. No judgement, I've had my struggles with needle fixation myself; but you need to be aware of it in order to face it.

Because even though it has increased BA it wears off MUCH sooner so you aren't saving much by doing this, there is no rush, and unless you are waking up in WD and that first shot is relieving them a little quicker there really is zero advantage. If you disagree, don't bother defending it to me, it'll just be rationalizations you are making to yourself to satisfy the inner addict(the use of the needle, bigger is always better, etc.)

WIth that said, 2-3mg IV of bupe is a very large dose, you should never need more than 1mg of bupe IVed and could get by on much less and in fact it is going to act most like an agonist at .5mg or less. It will take some small time to adjust to a lower dose, it's not like if you've been shooting 3mg at once then .5mg is going to suddenly be stronger, but if you can get it down, teeter on the edge of WD then start using the lower amount consistently I promise you will find it more satisfying eventually. This applies to sublingual use as well.

But your first priority should be getting away from the needle, and I know how hard transitioning to sublingual use can be, my suggestion is to create a nasal sprayer with a pump nasal sprayer and some saline. If you are buying it retail and not order an empty one online it will probably come medicated, empty it out, and refill with saline. IME almost all pump sprayers dispense about 0.1mL of water per spray(at least the traditional smaller kind, I have seen larger saline pump sprayers which I haven't measured). So keep that in mind when making your solution, 10mg/10mL at 0.1mL per spray means 1 spray = 0.1mg of bupe, using this you should be able to figure out how to make it whatever strength you want with a little math.

I also suggest to make it a little strong and limit the number of sprays at first, rather than end up using 6 sprays at once, then titrate down; but if you find yourself using more sprays than intended because you keep telling yourself you need more, then you may want it more dilute, but at first I think your priority should be getting away from the needle, and not worry about how much bupe you are using.

Hey there OP! Here is some food for thought that I would really like for you to consider. I wish that there were something more of a universal disclaimer regarding the injection of Buprenorphine. Everything will seem fine and dandy in the beginning, but what you will eventually find my friend, is that the rate of complication regarding injection of Bupronorphine is significantly higher than that of other substances.

If you do a little digging, you're going to find that this practice is just not safe. It's not good for your body and it's more likely to cause very serious trauma to your body than injection of other substances. Please just take a look around.