Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The OFFICAL Anime Appreciation Megathread! vers Moshi Moshi

I think watching Dragon Ball when it would air on Toonami(afternoon tv program) in the afternoons was like a right of passage for me becoming a teenager.

The one anime that I really enjoyed the most would have to be Reign:_The_Conqueror
I liked it because I was a huge fan of reading books, and watching documentaries on Alexander the Great, and this anime really sums it up. Really cool show.

^ same on right of passage. got me started on outlaw star, cowboy beepop and later on bleach. i'll check out Reign sometime.

@BtS: majin buu is kinda fluffy and funny for being a tough one, he kills me. haven't watched all of GT yet but liked the fresh approach to it. worth it.

@opioidsoveragain: on the last of the fate series and godzilla was pretty good. it took so long to bring out the second one, not like it was a series or anything but sequels take time. why they only put out 4 of the castlevania episodes and made us wait until october 26th of this year to see the rest i have no idea. seen most of the others on your list. thanks for letting me nerd out for a day.

@tremours: X ;)

Last edited:
Last night i started downloading Fate/Extra Last Encore and Foook is it looking good. They have really taken the story/franchise up a notch and im truly enjoying it. Especially after a few bong hits or joints

I started Hinamatsuri last night and so far have found it pretty hilarious. It's about a high-ranking Yakuza member who by chance becomes this little girl's caregiver and his attempts to parent this girl and her powers. I loved when he takes her out to a "girly club" and another running gag where they make a middle schooler work as a bartender. (Even better if you have read/watched the manga/anime Bartender since the references are great.)

New one im watching now is the "Tokyo Ghoul" franchise. Busy with Tokyo Ghoul RE atm and enjoying it all the way

I always love picking up at random points in Bleach. It’s delightful to not know what the hell is going on.

I always love picking up at random points in Bleach. It’s delightful to not know what the hell is going on.

I'm just so pissed off that they stopped the anime. The manga is still runnning but no more bleach to watch and it was just getting interesting when they decided to stop the anime.

I'm just so pissed off that they stopped the anime. The manga is still runnning but no more bleach to watch and it was just getting interesting when they decided to stop the anime.

the manga ended 2 years ago. the years I'd spent looking forward to jump coming out every week were suddenly empty and meaningless.

Have you seen Made in Abyss?

season 2 is confirmed but no release date yet. looking forward to the appearance of best dad <3

^ spamming like button for best dad.

since the first season covered brief parts from different volumes of the manga, season 2 was up in the air. tathra called it, an announcement was made that season 2 might be next year based off just enough of material from the mangas being available. also 2 movies that recap the anime are in the works.

bleach live action on netflix was about the same as the full metal live action. i think it exposes some to the series who never were into it before for whatever reason. initial d live action wasn't bad either but i never caught the series or manga, though i enjoyed the game on occasion in the arcade.

castlevania season 2 with 8 full new episodes airs october 26th 2018.

(why does looking up anything related to manga, movies or anime seem like it's pulling teeth out of my own head?! thanks internet.)

(why does looking up anything related to manga, movies or anime seem like it's pulling teeth out of my own head?! thanks internet.)

its been a long time since i've known of a good community to discuss anime and manga. like a decade or more, there was one site that i cant even remember anymore that was good. i never went into the forums on batoto when it was still a thing, but discussing the manga themselves on their pages was good. mangadex is fucking great but their forums still need a lot of work to be good.

Have any of you seen Monster? It's a great mystery that also explores questions about humanity and their capacity for evil and is one of those shows that's revolting and beautiful. Monster was a manga and is from the same mangaka as Death Note, however, Monster is imo naunced than Death Note. I love Death Note as it was one of the first anime I watched, but I feel it is usually overrated by new anime viewers or the "edgy".

Dr. Kenzou Tenma is a renowned brain surgeon of Japanese descent working in Europe. Highly lauded by his peers as one of the great young minds that will revolutionize the field, he is blessed with a beautiful fianc?e and is on the cusp of a big promotion in the hospital he works at. But all of that is about to change with a grave dilemma that Kenzou faces one night—whether to save the life of a small boy or that of the town's mayor. Despite being pressured by his superiors to perform surgery on the mayor, his morals force him to perform the surgery on the other critical patient, saving his life and forfeiting the mayor's. A doctor is taught to believe that all life is equal; however, when a series of murders occur in the surgeon's vicinity, all of the evidence pointing to the boy he saved, Kenzou's beliefs are shaken. Along his journey to unravel the true identity of his little patient, Kenzou discovers that the fate of the world may be intertwined with the mysterious child.

It really is an experience and I would highly recommend the anime both dubbed and subbed. For the dub viewers I hope you like Gaara (Naruto) because the mc and him share a voice actor lol

Have any of you seen Monster?

go read the manga, tho the anime is pretty great too. naoki urasawa is a genius. i've been anxiously waiting for his next serialization ever since billy bat ended. not the same author as death note btw, that was ohba tsugumi and obata takeshi, who also did bakuman, and currently doing platinum end.

i'm psyched that magical girl spec ops asuka has an anime coming this winter <3

you should check out boku dake ga inai machi (manga, anime)
welcome to the NHK and re:zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu are both amazing too

Last edited:
you should check out boku dake ga inai machi (manga, anime)
welcome to the NHK and re:zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu are both amazing too
I have boku dake ga inai machi on my list. I love NHK and just watched it again recently. Tbh despite playing a lot of mmo's I don't like isekai's that much

re:zero isnt your standard isekai. i read plenty of bad isekai, but re:zero is one of the gems

Suddenly a high school student Subaru Natsuki has been summoned to another world on the way back from the convenience store. With the biggest crisis of his life being summoned to another world and no sign of the one who summoned him things become worse when he is attacked. But when he is saved by a mysterious silver-haired girl with a fairy cat, Subaru co-operates with the girl to return the favor. When they finally manage to get a clue Subaru and the girl are attacked and killed by someone. Subaru then awakens in the place he was summoned and notices the ability he gained "Returns by Death" a helpless boy that only has the ability to rewind time by dying. And beyond the despair can he save the girl from the fate of death!.

so much despair, a well-characterized mc that is pretty powerless, and a good supporting cast

anime airing fall 2018 season

my watch list is:

Sword Art Online: Alicization
Goblin Slayer
Tokyo Ghoul:re s2
Toaru Majitsu no Index s3
Golden Kamuy s2
Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken (Jojo's Bizzare Adventure part 5)
Karakuri Circus

Akanesasu Shoujo is a tenative, the 1st episode seems ok

fucking psyched for several in winter and spring season, like symphogear s5 <3

Currently on episode 5 of Elfen Lied after being nagged into it by the misses

I love Death Note as it was one of the first anime I watched, but I feel it is usually overrated by new anime viewers or the "edgy".

/QUOTE]

Honestly, I feel like more experienced anime viewers underrate Death Note and just how great it truly was. I think it's because most anime viewers watched it as their potential intro to anime when they were young, and as such their focus was on the less mature aspects of the show. It has a cogent universe that follows mathematically precise logic, and it has spurred countless analyses and interesting conversations about some very nuanced aspects of morality and identity. People simply project their own adolescent preconceptions at the time they viewed it onto the series itself. Also confusing matters is the fact that the shows primary question is essentially "what happens if you give a precocious teenager ultimate power over life and death?" It addresses this narrative about adolescents in a very adult manner, however.

Death Note is still my favorite anime series of all time, if you haven't guessed already; although to be fair, I have not watched very many anime.

@3,4-dihydroxyphen: i gotta ask cause your post was spot on and much agreed (not taking away from how anyone enjoys the series)...

did you find the ending to be anti-climactic in anyway?

I think the ending was very fitting, although I really didn't like Near and Mello. I may be wrong, but I believe the manga was supposed to end at a earlier point and because of it's popularity was forced to keep going. I still enjoyed everything that happened after that point, but Near and Mello just didn't live up to the expectations the show set.

@3,4-dihydroxyphen To this day there's only a handful of shows I can look back on and say I'm really glad I watched them because they've become a marker of how I judge other shows or something.
Death Note, Durarara!! (Baccano is good, but the Ikebukoro setting was perfect IMO), Made In Abyss, obv Miyazaki's works, and Redline.

Shit now I want to watch Redline. If you want an hour of adrenaline, beautiful hand-drawn animation, and extreme archetypes you cannot beat Redline. I promise it will make you want to stand up after watching. I watched it one night just randomly planning to fall asleep while smoking bowls, I ended up pacing around for like an hour thinking about how cool that was.
OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAunvcSQ1knFasW9l1Wy2m6U