Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Mushrooms (3.5g) - Experienced - My Last Trip For A Long Time

aLinkToTheAss

Bluelighter
Taking drugs, and finding entertaining ways (for both me and the reader) to report the experiences is a very fun hobby. Unfortunatly, I've just started college, and am attempting to take up YouTube as a musician. And the effects of drugs on productivity are not exactly positive. It's not just a myth. If you smoke pot, you at the very most do not work harder. I havn't been smoking ganja for a while, and this trip was kind of a bit ago as well. Since then, I have taken mushrooms, but they don't really do anything. So I guess I have no choice anyway as to wether or not to keep doing drugs.

Without further ado, my journey starts when I pick up an eighth of mushrooms. Decently spaced since my last shroom trip, and having never taken an eighth before (but having taken 800μg of acid for some reason), I figure it would be a good time. It was an interesting time. Ego death was partially anticipated, but I didn't expect to get it so bad. Only 2 or 3 times have I had so little of an idea about the difference between myself and the house I was tripping in. I ate the mushrooms, hated the taste, and waited.

A familiar feeling creeps over me. Very familiar. So familiar, in fact, that it wasn't even interesting. I was exceedingly distraught at the prospect that I have simply used too many drugs to enjoy them anymore. And, if I'm being honest, DXM (though horrible in just about every way other than sheer intensity) is quite a bit more mind rattling than traditional hallucinogens. After the feeling like you have the flu bit, where you twitch and want to puke all over everything. DXM is so intense, you can actually physically feel the damage it causes to your brain, in the form of very cold, and unpleasantly (but somhow enjoyable if you're a dex head) sharp, hyper sensitivity to everything bursts, that are followed by intense relief by euphoria. It sucks. Bad. But it's more consistently crazy as shit than a lot of psychedelics.

I start to loose my mind as I play very, very shroomy music on every instrument I could find, that wouldn't be very pleasant to someone sober. I've successfully given myself the creeps, and lost interest in music as it became increasingly stressful. The thought passes through your mind "If I stop playing now, I wont stand a chance out there.", and evolves to "I'm trash. I'll always be trash. There is nothing I can do about this, but keep playing and developing a taste for my garbage". Before you know it, you don't remember your name, where you are, or why you're so scared of all those things with strings on them. You look down, think you have an idea of what's going on, and next thing you know, you're outside chewing on the leaves of a tree in your front yard. Thankfully your neighbors have better things to do than call the cops on the crazy bitch nawing on plants. When you realize what your doing, instead of just hiding in the house, you start running, thinking you can actually go faster than time if it's really trying to kill you.

That didn't work. You don't really know how you got through your window, or why you were so afraid of the door, but you know if you move a single inch, the loop will start over. At this moment, you don't even realize just how much you got your moneys worth from those mushrooms. With no memory of everything before, including your entire life up to this point, your content, rocking back and forth, back and forth. Occasionally moving around objects a couple of feet, and making a noise here and there. Stopping to chew on a pillow, and fusing with it on a very deep level. Only to remember this weeks later when your friend makes a joke about being a pillow. You find yourself sitting on a, wait what's thing thing called... A couch! And staring straight ahead. You have just witnessed the birth of the universe, or somthing like that, and are both scared shittless, and pleading to god to show you again. You remember your on drugs.

You realize everything you just thought was real is really fake. Now completely flipping your shit, not entirly convinced you are actually awake, you break your computer. You most certainly don't care, because computers are for people who care about physical objects, and you think you are above that. Just lay down, and OH FUCK AN OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE! No part of you expected this. Somthing you were almost convinced you hade mere fabricated memories of is happening right before your eyes. But it's not colorfull. It's most certaily not magical. You're just falling through an abyss, that feels like it's made of a wounderfull fabric. It's all very comfortable, and peacfull, until you realize that that's all it is. All life, and death, and time is, is falling through these colorless sheets, accompanied by only a horrible droning coming from beyond. Of courese you're scared, and eventually wake up. It's dark now, and that droning is still there. Great. You're so high still that you can hear a sound that fucking loud, and it just wont go away.

Better look for where it's comming from, right? Holy shit, it's the computer. You're not crazy! It's just a computer screaming in pain through the speakers you're trying desperately to unplug. Who made these things not glow in the dark anyway? Oh, thank god, unpluging them stopped it. Wait a minute... You broke your computer... And it's not a dream... F*************************k!!!

Now that I remember that I'm me, and not you, that "fuck" really starts to sink in. Luckily you, I mean I, just learned a long lesson about acceptance. Hm... When I think about it that way, that busted computer almost looks beautiful.

Thanks for reading that, and though my presence on this website will be negligable from now on, my pesence on YouTube will only grow. So if you like music, and occasionally somthing a little strange, you should check out my channel "Jamy And The Raven" right here: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCugPP_ce1Wz2GkQ9nyL-wAg

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_mushrooms
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_spiritual
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, thank you all for caring about my adventures, and even commenting on them. This is the first forums I've ever used, and have only enjoyed the experience. I know I've never had a trip quite as funny as that lovely salvia bit where I started screaming about Bill Nye. But even though they don't get the same views as the funny ones, I like posting every experience I have. So the funny bits can brighten your day, as the crazy bits can hoppfully deter you from the same decisions. Though, if you're reading this, you have probable already made plenty of those same decisions. If so, what are you waiting for? Write about them! Sing songs about them! Paint pictures of them!

P.S. Sorry about the YouTube advertising. I know it's kinda stupid, but hey, girl's gotta get her name out there somehow. :)

Hey, thanks for sharing, I enjoy your perspective. :) That's funny you're quitting for college, I didn't even start psychedelics until college. =D Although I didn't trip a lot (I did smoke shit tons of weed though) until after college. These days I just do it occasionally... I'm 35 and it enhances my life for sure.

I checked out your Youtube. You have a great ear, and talent. :) The cello is a beautiful instrument. I play the piano/keys/synthesizers myself.

I really appreciate your input. My fan base is as small as it gets, so compliments come in scarcity. Also there is a pretty good chance I?ll do some acid in college when I find a plug. It?ll probably be a lot better than anything a teenager could find, so I can?t help but see for myself. But it will take time and trust.

And if you play keys, than you are in on the secret that it is the best instrument. :)

Keyboard: Most widely useful, and well rounded. Also important to understanding theory. If you don?t play an instrument, this is the one to pick up.

Electric Guitar: I have a thing for that sound. It uncontrollably makes everything it touches rock, but it?s just too damn beautiful! And so fun to play too.

Cello: Least well rounded, unless you have ambition. Generally impresses people the most. Most georgeous, emotional, and dynamic sound. Makes you feel like you?re really classy and smart to play, or to listen too.

Last edited:
Haha yes, I certainly think it's the best. :) And certainly gives you a very solid theory foundation. I also love electric guitar and I'm slowly learning but unwilling to stop focusing on keys. I'm in a band, I have practice tonight in fact. I started playing classical piano at age 8, stopped at 18 when I went into computer science for school instead of music, didn't play again until age 31, and been playing again for over 4 years. Classical music is an influence but we play more of a rock/funk/jazz fusion.

Haha yes, I certainly think it's the best. :) And certainly gives you a very solid theory foundation. I also love electric guitar and I'm slowly learning but unwilling to stop focusing on keys. I'm in a band, I have practice tonight in fact. I started playing classical piano at age 8, stopped at 18 when I went into computer science for school instead of music, didn't play again until age 31, and been playing again for over 4 years. Classical music is an influence but we play more of a rock/funk/jazz fusion.
I havn't been able to find a band yet. No one in highschool was serious, and if they were, they played punk. Hopfully that will change. I get quite lonely playing music. I'm kinda the opposite though with instruments. It takes a lot to make me focus on one for any period of time. Bouncing around is just my thing I guess. Means I'll never be the best at any one, but who cares. It's fun to try and play everything!

Ooh. This should be my 50th post! I don't actually know what bluelighting really is though. Time to find out.

It's really useful being proficient at many instruments, it means it's easier to get involved with playing with other groups. I should think that in college it'll be easier for you to find like-minded musicians. :) Playing music alone is great, but playing with other people is incredible, especially as you get really good at reading each other and do improv stuff. It's like a group mind thing.

Being a Bluelighter means you can post in a couple of forums that only show up for BLers (because of a huge incidence of trolling with throwaway accounts), and you can send and receive private messages from any member.

hey, if you fancy hearing some cello playing that makes the instrument as rounded-as-it-gets check out Celloman on youtube or whatever

seen him live, awesome