• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

**Please help with the upcoming FORUM PRUNE**

We've done a prune before, in I think 2011. I hate it, personally. But from what I understand it will improve the site issues we're having with slow/difficult connections because it will have to manage a substantially smaller database. I've forwarded your post to senior staff to see if something like that can be done.

We have SO. MANY. BIG AND DANDY THREADS. 8( I was about to the bottom of the PD Index, then I found this thread, which is a single link in the Index. Full of threads to bump for the prune. Ahhh it's never gonna end!!

EDIT: Done! Okay doing the Index was the hardest part, but it's done forever now. Or for ~10 years til the next prune. Now there will just be 1 or 2 more bulk moves of threads into the PENDING forum for us to go through and bump.

Last edited:
Let me say a very appreciative THANK YOU to the members pitching in here. Not all forums have such member support, nor help from such thorough and dedicated members. It makes a big difference, especially in a forum like PD where so much of of the material is 'KEEP IT' quality stuff. So, yeah, THANK YOU <3

Edit: I've gone through pages 1-10 inclusive on http://bluelight.org/vb/forums/299-PENDING-DELETION-17SEP-*PD*
Pretty coarsely though, and there were quite a few locked threads in there that I would have bumped, and didn't bother "reporting"

You could also just post links to those un-bump-able closed threads right here, so it's easy for PD mods to act on the 'save me' threads you couldn't reply to. Otherwise, they spend the time finding them after you already found them. Just a thought, if you don't want to use the reporting function.

Agreed, thanks a bunch p_d and others. :) It's very heartening to get help from the community.

Hey also, if you come across anything you think is "best of Bluelight" worthy, feel free to report it as such. That means it'll go into the Best of Bluelight forum, which showcases the best of all the forums. Generally stuff that funny goes in there so everyone can get a good laugh and maybe decide to check out PD in the future. I'd say if it's particularly informative it should stay here.

Just FYI. I don't think we have much representation in the BoBL forum.

I think our best showing in BoBL is the classic "We did it!" thread. Oh, MXE... 8)

Haha yeah, it's funny I just linked to that thread like 30 minutes ago to make a point. =D It's already there though.

that thread was hilarious.

Fuck this prune though. It's pretty much disrupted all normal bluelight using for the month or so it's going on. And I agree with the other dude. why not just put it all on an external HD or some shit and torrent it or what not?

I brought it up with the admins. I am totally not into the prune either. We had another one 7 or 8 years ago and it sucked too.

I don't understand why y'all are pruning the database at all. Surely the database isn't _that_ large and even if it were space is so cheap now. If it's a performance issue with the large datasets (which I doubt) I would have fixed it for free if someone asked or at least taken a look at it. Same thing with the cloudflare issues and the lack of SSL. I know the admins probably work hard and I'm not trying to downplay what they do. Probably said too much already...Xor knows what I'm getting at. If they ever need someone to troll through the code just send me a PM I'm more than happy to help. I doubt I'll ever forget the code base this website runs on for as long as I live.

Last edited:
A lot of the B&D threads have multiple parts, but only the current ones have been bumped. Don't the older ones need to be bumped too? I'll help if it needs to be done.

Everything in the archive is safe, I went through the Index and archived all the old threads and bumped the current ones.

The next batch of threads have been moved into the PENDING sub-forum and are awaiting being picked over. :)

Are you not saving your old social threads? There's no need to delete them.

I don't understand why y'all are pruning the database at all. Surely the database isn't _that_ large and even if it were space is so cheap now. If it's a performance issue with the large datasets (which I doubt) I would have fixed it for free if someone asked or at least taken a look at it. Same thing with the cloudflare issues and the lack of SSL. I know the admins probably work hard and I'm not trying to downplay what they do. Probably said too much already...Xor knows what I'm getting at. If they ever need someone to troll through the code just send me a PM I'm more than happy to help. I doubt I'll ever forget the code base this website runs on for as long as I live.

It's not about speeding up, cloudfare, ddos, or anything like that. TLB said he just wants to remove the crappy/irrelevant threads. I mean it seems like an awful lot of work for not a lot since search engines already optimise website search results for anyone looking, but, well...

We certainly are saving the old social threads and I appreciate you RPing some of them. <3 TLB just dropped this new batch in there, and I haven't been through it yet.

I only wish we had saved all the original 2 years of social threads (the golden years)... we decided, for some reason, that we should delete them when they reached 40 pages, at the time, right after they got closed, because we thought they'd be incriminating, or some such nonsense. :( Who knows how much gold we knowingly destroyed...

Last edited:
Central Time, okay, but I'm still wondering if this is for Sunday or Tuesday?

I was messing with you, when I first saw it I thought it meant 10pm central time and for a second I was like... what??

Pretty sure it means October 1st, which is 2 Mondays from now.