• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Every week or too much?

Liverlee

Bluelighter
Started taking 225mg pills at the start of May. Have taken 15 pills since then, sometimes one, other times one and a half, usually give between 7 and 12 days between rolls.

Question on is is this too much and how bad is this for my health?

What the fuck lol why would you want to do that to yourself much less lose the effectiveness of the drug.

Stick to three months between rolls. Not worth becoming many of the stories on this site and/or losing the drug effectiveness

Started taking 225mg pills at the start of May. Have taken 15 pills since then, sometimes one, other times one and a half, usually give between 7 and 12 days between rolls.

Question on is is this too much and how bad is this for my health?

The damage is cumulative. Rolling one week apart just once wouldn't do too much damage. but do that for a few months in a row like you have and its very likely you are going to crash soon and crash hard.

Some people are able to take it longer than others before crashing but taking it every week is considered abuse, and if you abuse this drug enough you will crash and crash hard. This is one drug you don't want to abuse. Just read some of the horror stories. google "long term comedown mdma" and you'll find out really quickly that you need to take a longgg break. ESPECIALLY if you have started to notice tell tale signs that you are about to crash soon, like your highs are starting to be pretty shitty and feel less full of love and more like you are super amped on coffee, also if you are getting depression a lot. comedowns are rough and last 3 days, etc. be aware of the small signs because they will tell you when a huge crash is coming.

and please for the love of god listen to the signs. you will regret it if you dont.

I did it almost weekly for 2 solid years and even when I calmed down I was out dancing at least every fortnight for 5 more, taking 3 - 5 pills in one session (average decent UK domestic sourced ((if not produced, as loads always came from Holland)) 1998 - 2005 ((they were shit in 96 / 97 when I started)) dosed at 100 - 150mg).

With all the ee's, speed and ganja (mushies used to just be an autumn thing in the UK) I ended up so neurotic I was psychologically dependant on benzodiazepines by the age of 21, and still am 18 years later, and finally I developed a full blown heroin addiction by the age of 26 after it became part of the part of the post club thing about 2 years prior and I am now a sad old git on Methadone maintenance.

I am not suggesting that you would be stupid enough to use such a drug but that level of pilling eventually blows one head and if you already have a taste for getting as mashed as much and as often as possible, alongside a distaste for stimulant hangovers / comedowns whatever then you are still vulnerable, however small the risk.

Slow it down. It's a treat that should be savoured and while I still believe that getting pilled up and going for a boogie - woogie is one of the best experiences one can have, my greed for the experience has cost me almost everything.

The way it works is that you can do them every week, but there is a limit which you will reach, perhaps rapidly. For some people this would be weeks, others months, or even years. But there is a limit, and you can't predict what it is. Many people claim to lose the magic, and the limit will probably be reached with a cumulation of brain fog and anxiety to differing degrees of intensity.

The short and bottom is: respect the drug, and respect yourself, and it will respect you.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve not had any bad comedowns yet. I don’t do any other drugs except alcohol and I never mix it when I’m taking tabs. I shall take the advice and give it a rest for a while, it’s just so damn tempting!

Read some of the posts about LTM's in the threads below. They can't all be hypochondria! :\. Good advice above.

wow, yes you are doing MAJOR damage. The rule (should be followed from DAY 1 of use) is 1 month minimum (if you are young) and 3 months optimum. I personally think even 3 months is not enough for proper harm reduction. twice a year, 6 months spaced seems to be the safest bet. The harm reduction here has really gone down.

wow, yes you are doing MAJOR damage. The rule (should be followed from DAY 1 of use) is 1 month minimum (if you are young) and 3 months optimum. I personally think even 3 months is not enough for proper harm reduction. twice a year, 6 months spaced seems to be the safest bet. The harm reduction here has really gone down.

Who has set those limits? If we want to take harm reduction to its logical conclusion then surely we would be saying "don't take them at all".

Who has set those limits? If we want to take harm reduction to its logical conclusion then surely we would be saying "don't take them at all".

QFT.

The 'rule' at the moment in most places is to not use the drug at all, as it is banned as being a dangerous poison in most places.

We know that using it all the time is not healthy but we also know that most folk will not come to any harm if used only once, so 'safe' levels and methods of usage are quite fluid in between these two extremes depending on person, places and context.

Rules about this are made for a purpose

are there exceptions to rules? Yes

That said I first did mdma at age 19, 18 years ago. I ignorantly averaged about one pill every weekend for six months , which is about thirty nights of rolling in six months. Basically they stopped working or my brain/body got used to it, or both. I took a three month break, got a little magic back, then it never came back so took a thirteen year break. I do feel i caused chemical inblanced that seemed to take about two years to get back close to normal cognitive functioning.

I tried again , it came back. I tried again in three months, it worked, but magic wasnt there, tried again in three months, twas okay nothing special, tried again..

took a year break....tried again, it worked well. two weeks later 70 mgs 6-apb, worked well. took a six month break 90 mgs 6-apb again, worked well. three months later 6-apb and 7 4-ho-mipt...went through some depression although could have been bc someone I was in love with betrayed me. stopped returned my texts, answering my calls, used me, didnt communicate

took a seven month break ---worked fine.... my last roll was June 20th. My body is telling me to wait, and im listening to it.

I cant speak for everyone, only myself, although i hope this generally can benefit everyone, though my many years of experimenting, listening to my body, six months apart or longer seems to give the most benefit. In 2017 I did it four times, and I was okay, the last one I went through some severe mood swings and depression, i actually cried to my boss at work a few days afterwards so i feel i overdid it this year and it caught up with me resulting in very very low mood, crying, feeling ultra emotional, crying to my sister, do irrational things I might not have never done otherwise. This year I did it once and it was wonderful

In conclusion once every six months seems to be best. There are exceptions to every rule and one time when I waited over a year, I did two weekend nights within two weeks and it went smoothly but I kept doing it that year and it caught up with me. I like to listen to my body and right now its been over two months and its saying nah wait at least another four months

Last edited:
Rules about this are made for a purpose

What you say makes total sense but I just get irked by describing them as 'rules'. You acknowledge this yourself immediately by making the disclaimer that there are exceptions and then go on to give really good advice, the general gist being, if you are going to use MDMA more than once, then less is almost always more in the long run from almost all aspects.

Although my usage has ranged from fairly regular to ridiculous, the one thing that is consistently noticeable from this forum is how sensible many users, especially those in America, are, as opposed to my behaviour which while extreme was common in the UK especially during the 90's. Back then the media only focused on the deaths and that was always the primary concern when first deciding to use the drug and once you had got over that it was far too easy to delude oneself into thinking they were bulletproof. While I do not regret my youth and still hold the ecstasy / dance experience as supreme I have paid for it in every way by its contribution to my neurosis and subsequent self medication and dependence on benzodiazepines and heroin.

People are always going to be individual, but while there is nothing wrong by sharing and encouraging a methodology that works, people should always present such information as guidelines. First and foremost I have always shared the notion that certain individuals, such as those with epilepsy, cardiac problems or mental health issues are highly in-advised to use ecstasy (although I know many that do and not being in a position to preach do I not criticise) but despite having non of these before I fucked myself up, my health has not benefited in the long run and even when one excludes certain groups that does not mean that everyone else is safe.

Its my opinion that when 'rules' are laid down, people can be mislead into thinking that they can avoid any risk and that unfortunately will never be the actual case.

^Wow, let me be the first to say I?m happy we Americans weren?t being the rediculous idiots for once lmao.

I think that the ?rules? are best described that this drug is one that can severely bite you and if you want to continue enjoying it to its fullest extent, it?s wise to follow them. ie, the rules are there to give people optimal enjoyment and benefit

/\ hehe it wasn't ridiculous, it was 'fahkin 'ardcore' - and just as a quick example of an outsider looking in I do not think that Americans are ridiculous - you and your kin are responsible for the most amazing achievements and support for others when at your best - there are just too many loud mouth idiots that speak present as if speaking on your behalf, mentioning no names as not only do I want to stay on topic but avoid the type of fistfights the braver members sometimes have in Bluelight's Current Events & Politics forum.

The following video is an essential watch for anyone interested in a prime - time network television view of UK dance culture in the mid - late 90's after it had become a mainstream activity. I am especially fond of it as I was at the event it covers in the second half of the show, Helter Skelter Anthology - a showcase hardcore rave (which by this time meant a blend of upfront happy hardcore, drum & bass and techno). The programme describes it as 'the UK's biggest dance club' where as to be more pedantic, the venue, The Sanctuary Music Arena, was a purpose built rave venue consisting of a 3000 capacity main space - located on a small leisure park, it was directly opposite a roller rink (Rollers UK) which large promoters such as Helter Skelter and Dreamscape began using in 1995 - they would cordon off the whole complex and after chucking a carpet over the rink it provided a second arena space which, along with the outdoor facilities, meant that these 'double events' were licensed for 8000 people and until the millennium always sold out 2 - 3 weeks in advance.

8ee52c3f8c574a8dd8a883a1878125e195c557cd.jpg

The club featured in the first half of the programme, 'The Gallery' at Turnmills in London I did not get down to until 2002 and was also wonderful. Both venues have been subsequently demolished within the last 12 years.