• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Surviving a 4 day long festival

Durzo1258

Bluelighter
I'll be attending a 4 day festival soon, and plan to take MDMA, 2c-b, weed and LSD with me. Apart from regular supplement regiment for MDMA, how do I make the most of what I take with me without messing things up with tolerance and turning my brain to mush. I know taking MDMA several days in a row is bad for you and that LSD and 2c-b have a cross tolerance. If any veterans can give me the dos and don'ts I'd appreciate it.

I typically stay "sober" (weeds sober to me) besides a little ketamine towards the end of the first night or two. The ketamine I've found potentiates the MDMA to some extent in the nights that follow.

I take MDMA the last two nights. (Typically MDMA and San Pedro the first and MDMA and LSD the second.) Many would tell you this is bad, I'm here to tell you so long as keep to 6 or so times a year on average you'll be fine. I've proven elsewhere via research articles (look up MDMA preconditioning..) that this isn't particularly dangerous. It's much more dangerous to redose or take large doses.

(Note: Ive been using in a similar manner for 14yrs and have the exact same tolerance I did in the beginning as well as similar cognitive function, both related to neurotoxicity. I know others who've followed in my footsteps.)

Remember to take antioxidants to negate toxicity, stay cool, keep below 200-250mg, and don't redose beyond a booster. Also while smoking cannabis for some while on MDMA can lead to a bad trip, if you can handle it smoke during your roll. THC also has been shown to negate neurotoxicity possibly via its hypothermic effect.

Now the reason I like to take the LSD the last night is two reasons. 1). Candyflipping is amazing and deserves to be saved for last when usually the best artists come on. 2). After a night on LSD I'm so worn out all I want to do is sleep forever.. This is also part of the reason I take the MDMA two nights in a row too, because I'm tired after the first night and it's the only way I can get back out there.

Obviously don't take MDMA 3 nights. The few times I've done it I've felt the serotonin depletion afterwards and it didn't feel good.

Remember you can do well to protect your neurons but your still depleting neurotransmitters, the more you do the more you'll feel it.

-GC

Answer came a bit late as on 23 I was already there, we did 2cb during night 1, 2 and 3, MDMA on 3 and 4 and we saved the Lucy for another time. We had vit c, magnesium with potassium and 5htp with some b6 as well as had citrus through. Rest assured there was a lot of alcohol involved as well and wake and bake all 4 days. Despite being the oldest one there I was the least affected by what we did to ourselves. That being said on the day of departure we all had enough along with remaining 70 thousand people. It must have hurt just looking at us.

Ps.

You can't go wrong with mixing 2cb with MDMA while raving to progressive house in a ocean of mud wearing a top hat and fancy kaleidoscope goggles.

^ never take MD more than 1 day of a muti-day festival. You have now done some serious damage to your serotonin system. You also must wait at least 6 months before itll work again and feel normal. Also, taking 2cb multiple days in a row severely diminishes its effect. If i were doing a multi-day with what you had, I would have done. day 1: weed. day 2: 2cb Day 3: weed Day 4: mdma (Always best to roll the last day, as you can be down from it the following day, dont want to ruin your happiness at the fest!!)

I?ve got a variety of combos I?ve found that I like. I?ll almost always drop MDMA the last day with LSD for a candy flip. I usually drop mushrooms and/or 2CB on one of the first days and I haven?t found any significant cross tolerance to LSD with either of them.

That said I usully will always do 300-400ug of LSD just because I like insane visuals. Might make the LSD trip maybe 10% less intense but very little cross tolerance.

Otherwise, any combo of weed/alcohol/coke/GHB/ketamine any of the other days. Ambien is another one I really like and gabapentin has a body high similar to MDMA. My favorite besides the candyflip is probably 2CB combined with coke and potentially ambien or gabapentin as well

^^^Interesting swim.. How is 2cb and cocaine together? The only time I've tried cocaine with a psychedelic was when I was 16 and tried cocaine and mushrooms together both for the first time. The cocaine was very high quality fish scale so they went together fairly well. The cocaine dominated the beginning but then slowly faded into the most colorful and visual mushroom trip I've ever had. I've been too scared to replicate once I truly learned what cocaine is about though...

@epic- Where's the studies that prove your point? What makes you so certain he needs 6months before he can feel it again? Some pretty definitive statements that I can tell you right now are wrong...

As long as the person in question is taking reasonable doses, research suggests it is likely fairly safe to consume non-neurotoxic doses of MDMA. It's MUCH safer to take 100mg once daily for two days (and in fact can afford neuroprotection to a subsequent larger neurotoxic dose) than it is to take 100mg followed by another 100mg redose 3-4hrs later. The non-neurotoxic dosage used in research is 10mg/kg, that's still huge compared to the 1.5mg/kg most humans take.

Look up "MDMA preconditioning" and you'll see a study to support my claims. It may actually be safer if someone had 3 two day experiences totaling 6 a year VS 6 single day experiences scattered throughout a year.

Please before you try to play harm reduction actually know what your talking about and READ THE RESEARCH PEOPLE! Tired of having to repeat this cuz people don't know what they are talking about.

-GC

I?ve done that combo a number of times and have liked it a lot every time. Just did it two nights ago actually with 40mg 2CB, 60mg amphetamine, and about 600mg cocaine over the course of 2-3 hours.

I was UP but had a blast and felt fantastic.

As far as taking MDMA on consecutive days, I?ve looked a lot of research as well as had a lot of personal experiences to contribute subjective evidence. I definitely feel that dosing multiple days in a row is a recipe for a much worse experience/side effects with decreased effects as well.

Always felt great with rolls equally as strong as my first by spacing 3+ months apart.

^^I may give it a try.

And once again I have to ask for the research?.. I have studies to back up my claims but have seen none that say multi day dosing causes toxicity (so long as non-neurotoxic dosages are used.)

I also have had zero problems with tolerance when dosing two days back to back, and have been doing so for 14yrs.. I average about 6times a year total. I also have not noticed much or any decrease in effect on the second night. And in fact sometimes the second night is stronger possibly due to enzymes still held up from the night before. (Note: Going beyond two nights in my opinion IS stupid. The negatives you mention do show their face after 3.)

The only negative I've seen is an increase in serotonin depletion but to be honest even that is negligible and completely negated in my situation via DMT and other psychedelics.

Unless someone can actually find the research that proves me wrong (hint: there is none) I'm going to keep saying this.

I'm all for harm reduction, shit at one point I touted using MDMA once or twice a year, but as I've gotten older I've realized there is a balance. People have become fearful and in that they have lost the facts.

Facts are this... Redosing MDMA causes neurotoxicity and in fact most all of the research out there uses a dosing regimen which is typically 20mg/kg 4 times, 2 hours apart per dose. This same 20mg/kg dosed by itself once does not lead to any lasting toxicity. It's apparent this toxicity only reliably happens when the drug is redosed in a short time frame.

Research also shows that no toxicity occurs when animals are given a single dose each day for four days (10mg/kg, their neurotoxic control regimen was 10mg/kg 4 times, 2hrs apart each) and on top of that these animals are actually afforded neuroprotection when given a neurotoxic regimen on the fifth day!!

So once again not only is it safe to do two days in a row, but it might actually be SAFER than waiting once every 3 months.

Now please someone prove me wrong.

-GC

^No one will be able to definitely prove you wrong (although I dont think theres much literature to prove you right either) as there isnt enough controlled research in humans.

This site has a compilation of a lot of good info although nowhere near all the studies Ive looked at. Some of it looks promising, some not so much. The take-away that I got is that cognitive impairment is correlated to dose and frequency and, by that logic, along with the general knowledge of knowing what?s going on when you take an SRA/SRI with pre-depleted serotonin levels and downregulatation, I wouldn?t ever argue that multiple days back to back is safer than multiple exposures with time between. I did find a couple studies at one point to support a return to baseline of a number of diffeeent markers between 3-5 months for most people although don?t feel like finding it at the moment.

I?m most likely going to roll again soon (3 weeks after my last) which I?ve never done before and it will be my only two uses for this year. Not really one to self experiment against my better judgement but going to see how I feel after with an extensive harm reduction protocol.

You have great taste in drugs lol, 4 of my favorite right there.

IME, rolling twice in one weekend back to back or with a day in between is fine. I always take 100mg and the second roll is never diminished. My personal rule for MDMA is never more than 12 times in a year (12 x 100mg), and never more than twice in one month. Although, I don't believe I've actually taken MDMA 12 times in a year, I believe 7 or 8 is the most times I've rolled in 1 year). Everyone's different, but I've never had a comedown and 100mg works just as well as it did 9 years ago.

For a 4 day festival, I'd probably take LSD+MDMA two of the days, 2C-B one of the days, and probably take it easy one of the days that I'm not super excited about the artists that are playing, otherwise take 2C-B again.

Was actually thinking about writing a "survival" guide for festivals; substance regimen that works for me, what to avoid, etiquette, etc.

Couple tips off the top of my head I've learned from experience and watching others over the years:

- Avoid drugs like coke, speed, GHB, alcohol and ketamine to a lesser extent. Just my opinion, but these will slow you down in the long run.
- If the festival has good food, bite the bullet and just buy food there. You will have less stuff to pack, create less garbage, more time to rest not preparing food, you'll eat better & more complete meals. This also supports the vendors and festival. It's really not that much more money
- Plan, but don't over plan, your consumption for the week(end). Your body can only take so much and you want to make the most of your time there.
- Nibbling one "notch" off of a Xanax or similar can get you a solid 8+ hours of sleep whenever is convenient (Caution though, just a tiny bit goes a long way when you're on the very tail end of LSD).
- If the festival offers drug testing services, use them.

Last edited: