• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Looks like Health Canada removed, or for the time being, 2mg Xanax bars are gone

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
https://chealth.canoe.com/drug/getdrug/xanax

Looks like Pfizer stopped producing 2mg Xanax bars in Canada, the brand name ones, they still had 'em last year so either they are b/o or discontinued

https://chealth.canoe.com/drug/getdrug/mylan-alprazolam

There was always the Mylan 2mg Alprazolam, the only generics available as of now, so if you are Canadian and your doctor has switched from writing scripts and uses a small machine/printer to make their scripts to prevent really good fraudsters.

Just a warning, if you see 2mg Xanax and it's not Mylan in Canada, it's some dark web shit with fent and god knows what else. Canoe is kind of a big site in Canada that's kind of a big "guide to life", they are updated on all the stuff they talk about. Sometimes even I'm sure they got pressure from HC or other government agencies not to list inactives in opiates in particular and to call the pharmacy to know about them in case you are allergic to a common filler, tartrazine for most people.

My old doc, a few years before retiring, he got a device like that for scripts, no more hand-written scripts, and I had to literally tell him, Mylan-Alprazolam, because when I told him Alprazolam he was like "I only see 1mg max, 2mg don't exist anymore it seems, I don't I ever prescribed it, but since your psychiatrict is in vacation and left you out in the cold I'll help". It's because he was looking only at Xanax, and even then bars are known as Xanax TS 2mg, when they existed.

Be safe Canabros.

Something is happening behind the scenes, even the codeine prices have doubled and it's harder to find 200 ct sizes.

You mean 200 count 30/300 Empracets? Those I could get easily. But there's been shortages of a lot of stuff since 2 years, no more Life brand only-pseudo pills, and they were already in the back, you had to ask for them, like Aleve/Life brand Naproxen 220mg, T1's, 222's, Mersyndols, Advil 400mg, etc. The worst has been Promethazine 50mg pills, they discontinued the 25mg ones, the Histantil brand way back in early 2011, the orange ones, only the 50mg blue ones now, and that's if you're lucky and you visit a pharmacy where the tech allows her/himself to serve them to you after you give them good reasons to, some don't even know they are OTC. My pharmacy had 7 Histantil 50mg left, which works wonders for my birch allergy, and I live in an area of town where there's a lot of trees and grass to the right of the sidewalk, with more trees. Aerius, pseudoephedrine with tylenol, which is totallly useless and the one pharmacy that I know has in its aisles some pure pseudo syrup, well the floor manager, not the pharmacy, it's the biggest chain in Quebec, they own smaller chains in New England states and New Brunswick, I can't name 'em, but you likely know whom I'm talking of, that chain and the other chain that's Canada-wide, although I got no idea what is their name outside QC, it's those who's house brand are Life products.

Forgot to add the very expensive Muccinex, I've ordered some Entex LA, it's never in stock anywhere, but pharmacies will order a box for you, it's the best thing for my allergies in combo with Aerius (desloratadine) and Hydroxyzine 50mg at night along with all them sedatives I take. Entex LA is made by Purdue heh, the box looks 90's, but it's got guaifenesin and pseudo in the same pill, no more sticky impossible to dislodge constant throat clearing and spitting. Also my Restoril script, they now always give me Restoril brand 30 30mg caps, APO-Temazepam 30mg at least, dunno bout the 15mg is back-order, only once since almost a year was I given APO-Temazepam, and they got no choice to sell 'em to me at the generics prices....lookin' at the ministry of health pdf on meds and prices for each brand, they got a bunch of other generic brands yet they don't order them, I doubt all they can get is brand name Restoril. I won't complain about that.

I'll add a last complaint that I had started to interject in my flow but moved to other subjects, the OTC promethazine, now the very cheap Histantil is extremely rare and not retired, just B/O since 2 years, pharmacies have 25mg green caps and 50mg red caps, depending on the pharmacy, since the 25mg Histantils were gone since a long time, my main pharmacy, the one I thankfully signed the form they did not advertise on the radio or TV or newspapers at all, keeping myself out of "Dossier-Sant? Qu?bec", where pharmacists, nurses, ER's, doctors of all kinds can access your prescriptions after a few clicks and having scripts at more than one pharmacy is viewed as a very.bad.thing by nurses, less so with Doctors when you explain why, but I can thankfully have 3 benzo scripts, 'cuz the one I have my handcuffs to, so-to-speak, where I get my weekly Suboxone bottles (can we please get Ontario's Health Ministry rule that doctors who follows a more extensive course to have the right to script Suboxone and Methadone, to allow 30 day Suboxone scripts like in Ontario? I thought Ontario was the centre of the Universe... >_>

Bad hoser jokes aside, it's getting silly, 4 years 1/2 of Suboxone, I already had my 6 takehomes from Methadone, where it's a lot less humiliating to drink orange juice with methadone than staying there in place until the goddamn PMS-Bupe/Nalox (PMS/Teva are exactly the same, look-wise and taste wise, not an assault of acid on your teeth like the Mylans, I could just pay 3 bucks a week for the real brand Suboxone, but the first time I'd ask I'm sure they would say they are out of 'em, the cavities started to show up when the generics also did, they even put a box full of Xylitol or something like that saying it causes cavities because it gets your mouth dry, but with those allergies, one unknown that has shown up 2 years ago, strangely after a 4-aco-dmt trip....what's with psychs and allergies, 2 friends of mine who tripped on LSD back in 1999 in my mom's apartment (when she was not there obv.) my female cat, who's 18 year old now, still in shape, lost a lot of weight though, seems like it's the bones mostly, they all get arthritis with age, like my dad's side of the family...I wish I could play electric guitar and bass for 12 hours a day with my drum machine and mini-studio but that's not happening anymore and useless anti-inflammatories do not help, nor does the bupe. Wrists. So yeah, I was saying my pharmacy didn't get 25mg caps from a compound pharmacy, only 50mg ones, and the price is REDIC. 7 Histantil 50mg cost less, much less than 7 50mg generic Promethazine OTC. I'll have to ask for a switch of script from my hydroxyzine to promethazine....50mg promethazine knocks me out almost more than benzos when taken with my nightly 2mg bupe dose that I get only twice a week, rest is at 8mg, I feel confident next time I will be able to get rid of the extra 2x2mg. Man, loweriing my Methadone dose was way easier and I should have just asked to stay at 40mg, where I was before they got me off it for 48 hours then induced me one day under supervision for 4 hours with a 2mg Subox, the next day 4mg, and I didn't get any bad side effects, I was making the methadone get out of my body faster with my ulcer-curing script of cimetidine 600mg (horsepills, goddamn)..., but it did remove 3 nasty stomach ulcers that could have killed me randomly.

But yeah, I don't know what's up with this, is it because the Harper Europe-Canada "NAFTA" has been put in place, no matter if the Liberals want it or not, it was signed and they didn't want to get rid of it. I want someone with balls at the head of the Libs...we had one in the NDP with Layton, but he was likely given cancer by CSIS (hi there!), anybody who knows anything about SPV-40 that found its way into the polio vaccine in the 50's understands how and why cancer was weaponized, it's not airborne, but the guy was under attack, they won't let the big third party make a coalition government with the Libs, it never happened in Canada's history that we had a coalition government, but it's in the rules. Harper cried foul after he was voted out by the parliament for Lack of Confidence in his minority government, hilarious, tories always find themselves in minority governments, 2012-2015 was an illegal government that Harper strong-armed the Governor General not to allow a coalition.

Anyway, just some random thoughts as I think about what could be causing this. But it seems random, I remember when I got on Methadone in autumn 2012, before that I had a script from my neurologist for Relpax and Fiorinal C 1/4 and sometimes C 1/2, 1/4 is 15mg codeine on top, 1/2 is 30, they know a real single dose of codeine is 60mg, I imagine there was Fiorinal C in the past. Anyway, the butalbital was back order for months on end, but now it's easily prescribed, although now the neuro only scripts me the regular Fiorinal, no need for a do-nothing codeine piss test positive I have to explain away, at least they know I was on Fiorinal for tension headaches I can feel starting, a couple Fioris and it stops, butalbital ain't euphoric but god does it relax muscles.

This thread could be about products thare are hard to obtain, b/o etc. in Canada, that could be useful, maybe I'll suggest it to a mod.