• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

[TIPS?] Hydrocodone potentiators

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwimsDesigns

Greenlighter
Hey guys I have a few questions. I?ve been taking opiates for years now when I first got diagnosed with Crohn?s disease but as of September 17, 2018, I was officially diagnosed with colorectal cancer, so as one can picture the pain someone?s goes through especially with cancer is no fucking joke! On a good day just to get out of pain I take at least 8 and on a bad day a good 10/11, but this is also because I can?t get chemotherapy and pretty much nothing takes the pain away, just eases it.

My question is can you guys give me some tips on what?s the best potentiators to take with Norco? The only potentiators I know of are Benadryl so I usually take 2 Norco and then 100/125MG Benadryl an hour after the Norco. What else helps make them stronger? I heard of cold water extraction only I don?t know how to do it and when it comes to pain like this, I can?t afford to waste any pills attempting it to work...

i have also also heard of NyQuil gel packs... What do you take first? The potentiator (Benadryl in this case) or the Norco? Same with NyQuil. I?m never really sure which one to take first.. and is 100MG Benadryl too many?

I'm sorry for your situation. Try Using the search engine. This question is answered at least once a week. I'm not meaning it in a rude way either. I don't have them all memorized, but if you use the search engine you'll find probably 5 different meds to help. Btw, usually you take the potentiator before your norco, around 45 minutes to an hour before...

Also, have you asked your doctor for something besides the weakest pain med in the US? Like oxymorphone, oxyIRs, methadone, morphine, etc? Taking 8-11 norcos a day will kill you before your cancer does. A CWE is easy and you'll have pure hydrocodone.

I'm sorry for your situation. Try Using the search engine. This question is answered at least once a week. I'm not meaning it in a rude way either. I don't have them all memorized, but if you use the search engine you'll find probably 5 different meds to help. Btw, usually you take the potentiator before your norco, around 45 minutes to an hour before...

Also, have you asked your doctor for something besides the weakest pain med in the US? Like oxymorphone, oxyIRs, methadone, morphine, etc? Taking 8-11 norcos a day will kill you before your cancer does. A CWE is easy and you'll have pure hydrocodone.

Do you have a detailed tutorial on how to do it properly? What’s the point of CWE, just so you don’t take Tylenol? Is the effect even different?

You cannot take that mucj Tylenol everyday

search for detailed tutorial - also try potentiation (mega?) thread, have a bit of a migraine atm, so probably not merging

Your situation sucks, however you need a stronger pain med w/ cancer, and hydrocodone is honestly hard to potentiate, however the usual suspects, 400-800mg cimetidine and about a liter of White or mixed 100% Grapefruit juice can do wonders, upping the BA% (amount actually absorbed into body) and delaying the elimination; after a day or two, reduce dose and take every other day

And 125mg diphenhydramine is WAY too much - it’s an 1/8th of a gram! - Trygetting Hydroxyzine, otherwise, limit it to 50 mg of Diphenhydramine or Doxlyamine, taken BEFOREHAND

Anyway sorry for your situation, CWE, and hit the 3A4 inhibitors, plenty of info if you search around Cheers / Lorne

I?ve always found cimetidine incredibly helpful. I take one about 40 minutes before I dose and I?ve always felt like it made the high hit quicker and better. Although not sure where you could get it, I quite ironically, was prescribed it a month before I was prescribed Hydro and took it regularly. One day I was trying to find it Cimetidine had any recreational effect and found people suggesting to take it with Hydros. Has worked for me ever since.

Cold water extraction is just a crude way to separate the hydrocodone from the acetaminophen. It will not potentiate the effect of your hydrocodone, and you will lose large amounts of it in the extraction procedure. Antihistamines can be good potentiator, especially hydroxyzine, as can benzos (in particular the fast acting and highly lipophilic variety - chlordiazepoxide works well), gabapentin, drugs that by themselves produce drowsiness and sedation, etc. I don't know about NyQuil, but I do know that dextromethorphan, which is found in many cough and cold preparations, is by itself a good pain reliever. However, it is not an opioid in action, and I don't know if it potentitiates the "high". But the high is different than the pain killing effects.

SwimsDesigns, you need to spend quality time reading the opiate potentiating threads. However, being someone with heavy medical issue, extra care needs to be had with choosing what avenue to take.

If you use anything to enhance the effects of your medication, start LOW. If you have compromised function in your body, inhibitors may not be a on board at all.

Look up cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors. These are drugs that inhibit the breakdown of many drugs including most benzos and opiates. Now they do not potientate the effects, just makes it longer for your body to break them down. There may more in your system the next time you dose, so it may in that sense. Some of the safer ones are cimetidine and grapefruit juice. Some of the less safe ones are drugs like ketoconazole and ritonavir IIRC.

Why they don't "potentiate' the effects, they may induce ever so slightly serum concentration levels because of the slower metabolization.

Hey dude im really sorry about your situation. Fuckin sucks big time to say the least.

I'v been living with crohn's for about 5 years now and they never gave me anything for the pain. Just prednisolone to bring down the inflammation. Then the put me on azathioprine to suppress my immune system. I imagine it was the same for you at the start.

That shit made me ill as fuck. Getting constant kidney infections, caused liver damage. I don't even take that shit anymore.

But Cancer!? You need to get yourself back to the pain clinic. Emergency referral from your GP or Gastroenterologist.

You should be on morphine at the least. Or oxy. Perhaps a pain clinic can set up a pain management regime for you. They should be hookin you up with XR morphine and something stronger for breakthrough pain.

Not sure why they havn't done this for you? where do you live? Is it a health insurance issue?

As others have mentioned 1st generation antihistamines potentiate opiods/opiates. As do gabanoids. Benzo's, white grapefruit juice.

I wish you all the best and hope your healthcare professionals do their jobs and get you on a better pain management regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.