• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Doctor said she is tapering me down. Jesus Fuck.

I am 8 days into my 7 day subutex script! The doctor today said it is normal policy to switch patients to suboxone after initial induction, and then sent my new script to a pharmacy that was out. Then she forgot about it, and left for the day WTF, right? I had one last pill I had saved like a poor squirrel for day 8, now I have none, and have to go to work, thus will not be able to pick up anything even if another doctor takes care of it tonight like they just said they would.

Suboxone is a peice of shit drug if no pharmacies even have it! Sorry suboxone, i love you actually :). Anyways, she said I can go back to subutex if i really hate suboxone, which I guarantee I will with that shit fake orange taste. By the way, I already wasted a few doses because people need to talk to me so I have to swallow my dose, that's one thing about Sub that is nicht gut. What a day. I didn't even tell you guys the whole thing cuz TLDR etc...

Dear FH, how can I do this "pill splitting correctly so that I don't notice the reduction? This first refill I decided to just get it over with, and took only two pills one day and was mild dopesick for 2 fuckin days! Next month if she steals 2 pills, how do you think I should go about it?
Thanks!
RX
Please forgive my potential ignorance as I don't have much experience with opiates, but it is surprising to me that this would make such a difference.

Do you think that if you quartered a few of your pills, and then for 4 days took 2.75 pills, that you would notice a difference?

Or, you could try eighth-ing them, and every 3 or 4 days take 2 and 7 eighths of a pill, although this might be more fiddly... do you think that would work?

Honestly not meaning to sound judgey at all, in case I do, just honestly curious where the threshold is that you think you wouldn't notice a difference. I would suggest that if you think you'd notice a ~5% drop in your daily dosage on any given day (and just over 1% over the whole month) that there is probably a psychosomatic element to your distress... although of course this might be no joke in itself, and it's arguable that it's not even worth putting you through the mental stress for 1 pill in a month, but as others have mentioned perhaps your doctor is under some pressure to make a token attempt.

Please forgive my potential ignorance as I don't have much experience with opiates, but it is surprising to me that this would make such a difference.

Do you think that if you quartered a few of your pills, and then for 4 days took 2.75 pills, that you would notice a difference?

Or, you could try eighth-ing them, and every 3 or 4 days take 2 and 7 eighths of a pill, although this might be more fiddly... do you think that would work?

Honestly not meaning to sound judgey at all, in case I do, just honestly curious where the threshold is that you think you wouldn't notice a difference. I would suggest that if you think you'd notice a ~5% drop in your daily dosage on any given day (and just over 1% over the whole month) that there is probably a psychosomatic element to your distress... although of course this might be no joke in itself, and it's arguable that it's not even worth putting you through the mental stress for 1 pill in a month, but as others have mentioned perhaps your doctor is under some pressure to make a token attempt.
Hi Vastness! I caved after the first month and asked about buprenorphine, now I'm deep in Sub world. 6mg a day. That's actually about 1.8 mg bioavailable in the best case scenario. So I think this a great dose from what I've read, and my experience is that it is actually almost as good as methadone, but you feel more high like the speedy euphoria of heroin, the kind that makes it hard to sleep. Btw, does this shit fuck up your sleep, or does that side effect go away as time goes on? Thanks :)

Whoops, didn't actually notice there was a whole second page to this thread when I replied. :\ Thanks for your response anyway, glad to hear things are going well for you.

Whoops, didn't actually notice there was a whole second page to this thread when I replied. :\ Thanks for your response anyway, glad to hear things are going well for you.
Thanks! Yeah, sub is a goddamn good painkiller for sure. Not quite methadone, but if you snort it, it is as good as methadone, AND you get high as fuck. Well, pretty happy feeling anyway. My goal is to use as prescribed for the most part, seems like the way to go if you are in it for the long haul.

Hey CfZrx, glad to hear the subs are working out for you :)

Something to keep in mind, though, is your opioid tolerance. You were taking 5mg of methadone three times a day previously and now your taking ~6mg of buprenorphine per day in multiple small doses, right?

In all likelihood your opioid tolerance is a lot higher now then it was before you switched. Bupe is a powerful bugger and even seemingly 'small' 1-2mg doses are actually not so small tolerance wise. Plus bupe is a strange one anyways considering how it works.

Your tolerance is nothing to fret too much over if you're happy and plan to be on bupe long term, but it is just something to be aware of.

One thing you can consider is using smaller doses. Even 0.25mg doses, or hell even 0.125mg, would probably be quite effective for you, it just might take a few days to adjust to a lower dose if you do happen to try it. Once you adjust you may find it starts working even better.

Multiple small doses of bupe throughout the day are quite effective both for pain and enoyement. Such small doses actually can feel even better (euphoria, sense of well being) versus larger doses for some people. This may not be true for everyone but it was for me, anyways.

I enjoyed my time on buprenorphine the most when I was snorting tiny fractions of the pill multiple times throughout the day. Found it more enjoyable that way then I did when I was taking larger doses 2mg doses throughout the day. There is some science behind this, something to do with the amount of nor buprenorphine (an active metabolite) that has better access to receptors due to less bupe hogging available receptors.

The dose that works best for you may take some experimenting. It's possible the doses you are taking now are best for you but I thought it may be worth mentioning now that I remember how much better I enjoyed the tiny doses.

I may be rambling about nonsense you're already aware of so I'll shut up now. Glad things are going well.

Hey CfZrx, glad to hear the subs are working out for you :)

Something to keep in mind, though, is your opioid tolerance. You were taking 5mg of methadone three times a day previously and now your taking ~6mg of buprenorphine per day in multiple small doses, right?

In all likelihood your opioid tolerance is a lot higher now then it was before you switched. Bupe is a powerful bugger and even seemingly 'small' 1-2mg doses are actually not so small tolerance wise. Plus bupe is a strange one anyways considering how it works.

Your tolerance is nothing to fret too much over if you're happy and plan to be on bupe long term, but it is just something to be aware of.

One thing you can consider is using smaller doses. Even 0.25mg doses, or hell even 0.125mg, would probably be quite effective for you, it just might take a few days to adjust to a lower dose if you do happen to try it. Once you adjust you may find it starts working even better.

Multiple small doses of bupe throughout the day are quite effective both for pain and enoyement. Such small doses actually can feel even better (euphoria, sense of well being) versus larger doses for some people. This may not be true for everyone but it was for me, anyways.

I enjoyed my time on buprenorphine the most when I was snorting tiny fractions of the pill multiple times throughout the day. Found it more enjoyable that way then I did when I was taking larger doses 2mg doses throughout the day. There is some science behind this, something to do with the amount of nor buprenorphine (an active metabolite) that has better access to receptors due to less bupe hogging available receptors.

The dose that works best for you may take some experimenting. It's possible the doses you are taking now are best for you but I thought it may be worth mentioning now that I remember how much better I enjoyed the tiny doses.

I may be rambling about nonsense you're already aware of so I'll shut up now. Glad things are going well.
Hi MDVP, I believe you that this stuff feels better at sub-mg doses. I will see if I can reduce to 1 mg a day total at some point. Currently, although I take 5 1mg doses most days, I consider myself to actually take 5 .3 mg doses when you consider sublingual bioavailability. If I took .5 mg each dose, that would be closer to what you describe I think, roughly .15 per dose.

I admit to insufflating when needed, but I can't be doing that all the time, I mean, didn't your nose get f'd up after awhile,lol?
Anyways thanks! I really need the input :)
p.s. and yes, my tolerance is higher now. I had to take some methadone for a couple days when my doctor fucked up and didn't make sure the pharmacy had Sub in stock(I don't really blame my doc, since when does a pharmacy not have Sub for fucks sake) and I noticed definitely less effect. Honestly I can't believe Sub is supposed to be this great drug for opiate addicts. I mean at least with methadone, you can't just crush and snort for a wicked high (I think) :)

We have a friend (yes it?s really a friend) that has been with the same pain management doctor for years. Last year they told him he had to basically get off one of the meds he was on or hand over his license. No taper offered. He?s on a few meds so maybe that?s why they didn?t offer the taper. The meds he?s on are all in the opioid family. Morphine was the one they said you need to get off or you?ll surrender your driving privileges. So he?s not happy, he chose to drive over the morphine. Here?s what happened next. His doctor tells him, look it?s the state that?s on my butt, these laws and blah blah blah..ups his prescriptions to oxy and opana(sp) AFTER a couple months of quiting morphine. Lol. I know I can?t be the only one stumped right now. Isn?t opana oxy AND morphine?! Anyways, he doesn?t take all his meds as prescribed, after the morphine WDs he said he felt better and the actual pain wasn?t too bad. He doesn?t refuse the amount monthly, he just doesn?t take all of them. With a law that says ?morphine or driving? wouldn?t you think that opana would be on that list? With the same law, why is it ok to up ones script of something with morphine in it and let him keep his driving privileges? It makes zero sense to me. I don?t understand how the laws work, who makes them has to be fked up on acid or delusional as hell! I can only presume it?s a way to make money off one medication with the fine line tactic, like there?s a little fine line that doesn?t say oxy+morphine is on ?list A? so they are now pushing those to make up for profit loss on actual morphine.

Does that make any sense or did I just ramble on?
I get what you're saying and yea, I would think the law would be no opana and driving before morphine. Opana is wayyyyy stronger. But Opana is not oxy+morphine. It's oxymorphone, which sounds like it would be oxy and morphine, but it is its own thing.

I'm going to go ahead and transfer this one to The Dark Side. I think that, considering the subject matter, there are probably a lot of affected individuals who might appreciate discussing some of this stuff. -----> The Dark Side.

I have decided that the most healthy way to do this involves 1.crush pills 2. stir and soak in alcohol 10 min .3 mL per 1mg 3. Suck up mixture into needle-less syringe 4. Relax/surf web as you slowly administer the buprenorphine/alcohol mixture. Why I chose this method over 6/7's cotton ball method, is because I found that when I put just a tiny bit under my tongue at a time with the oral syringe, there was ZERO saliva created, and overall complete absorption of the mixture. I suppose I will have to find time to do this, it should take 15 min total imho. It's hard to say which way is the strongest until I've tried various methods for a year or so, but this is good and SAFE :)