• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why do you like Benzos?

Really only medicinally for social anxiety, at least my prescribed Klonopin.

It doesn't and really can't give me a recreational effect, which I'm actually happy about as if it did I could see it becoming a problem.

^^

I echo this. Now obviously people will say I was clearly addicted because I forged a G.P. script (worked 5 times until I got caught) but it wasn't the drug but any drug. I was selling my stuff and stuff around the house to get alcohol, codeine, nicotine, benzos. Any way I could get them.

Anyway, when I was on them, I felt "emotionally neutral" but no euphoria whatsoever.

Benzos are only euphoric in the sense that for people with severe anxiety, being able to temporarily remove yourself from that living hell is quite euphoric. They're only recreational in the sense that , without them, I don't give a shit about recreation.

Shooting midazolam is very euphoric to me. It’s like the most peaceful and relaxing sensation ever.

Temazepam is my #1 at home headache medicine and even after years of use 7.5mg (1/4 capsule) will pull me out of an anxiety attack. Overall just a nice "I don't give a shit about anything" drug.

mainly just cause they help with problems that other drugs cause. I would probably never take any benzos for any purpose other than comedowns or opiate WD. Booze is so much better IMO. GHB, however, I would say is the best GABAergic drug available, hands down. Although I didn't mind Temazepam.

GHB, however, I would say is the best GABAergic drug available, hands down. Although I didn't mind Temazepam.

Seems that there is likely a GHB-specific receptor, as well.

As for GABA, GHB binds to GABAb receptors, I believe, not the GABAa ones that are respnosible for the effects of alcohol, benzos, and barbs. It might sound similar but its the difference between a GPCR and a LGIC in this instance.

Seems that there is likely a GHB-specific receptor, as well.

As for GABA, GHB binds to GABAb receptors, I believe, not the GABAa ones that are respnosible for the effects of alcohol, benzos, and barbs. It might sound similar but its the difference between a GPCR and a LGIC in this instance.

ah that does ring a bell, i remember the GHB receptor was a thing, and iirc GHB also hits the sigma receptor? also brb looking up those last too abbreviations.

edit: ah this makes a lot of sense why people use GHB for bodybuilding and also why bl user Renz Envy credits GHB as being neuroprotective. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Some of them have a nice come on...a wave of relief that washes of me. I like not caring about any thing and my worries va may vanishing.

I like how your can fast forward to the next day and not remember anything if you are having a bad day and just want it to he tonortow.

Only a few benzos give a slight euphoria...I would says these are etiz temazepam lorazepam and that's it....alprazolam feels pretty much like melatonin or benadryl to me unless I'm using it for stim comedown...which it can be useful for.

It's also an endogenous chemical in the CNS. There's a disorder wherein people, by nature, have way too much GHB in them, causing all sorts of issues. I'm sure that in recreation, it has been given props, but thinking of being under the influence of it all the time makes me understand why it would be so terrible.

Also, strangely enough, they give it to people for narcolepsy. I have no idea why, and wasn't told when I asked.

As for benzos, taken as prescribed, they help. People who take them as prescribed tend to not notice the feel-good effects after a month or a few of daily use. That said, they still work. They don't have the side effects of SSRIs, but might be less healthy for the brain. Stories vary. And excitotoxicity due to anxiety that one can't reign in can be much more harmful than being on a benzo, as theory goes that it would "normalize" brain function as an opposing sedating agent.

I'm still interested in the antidepressant effect, apparently, of alprazolam/loprazolam. If I remember right, it was due to another dopaminergic mechanism. But this leads me to think it's not a sustainable mood effect. From those I know, people on alprazolam either have a pill in their wallet to reduce anxiety in a psychosomatic manner, or they switch to a longer-acting benzo and find more utility.

I think that abuse potential and high a1 and a5 binding is why temazepam isn't used for anxiety, at least not that I've heard. This in essence means it makes people too sleepy and forgetful.

Some of them have a nice come on...a wave of relief that washes of me. I like not caring about any thing and my worries va may vanishing.

I like how your can fast forward to the next day and not remember anything if you are having a bad day and just want it to he tonortow.

Only a few benzos give a slight euphoria...I would says these are etiz temazepam lorazepam and that's it....alprazolam feels pretty much like melatonin or benadryl to me unless I'm using it for stim comedown...which it can be useful for.
I completely identify with this statement!

When I struggle with caring too much (I'll admit, I'm hyper-sensitive), it gets painfully difficult to get to the next day. Before taking Klonopin and Ativan, I hated seeing sunrises because another day of misery was getting harder to face. (Still love sunsets- it means another miserable day was over and I was safe.)

I agree with the euphoria, experienced my doses in that similar way. Yet, I felt *normal*, enjoyed the side effects (a treat after feeling sick from all the adrenaline that comes w/ anxiety), and left bad memories locked out so I could continued to function instead of dwelling. Sleep was good again.

Adrenaline is a problem for me- I could never take stims and be well much less enjoy the moment?- so I can see how they'd help with a stim comedown.

Thanks for sharing. Sorry, my *first post, and I loaded it down. Hope you're well. Cheers!