• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why do you like Benzos?

Ketamania

Bluelight Crew
In lieu of the “why do you like dissociatives?” thread, let’s start one on why you like benzos?

Personally, when I’ve taken them I didn’t feel anything slightly recreational other than sleepiness (which I do not consider recreation).

Let’s discuss:

1. What do you use (if using)
2. Why do you use/don’t use

For years they were my drug of choice. But i think Heroin is taking that spot sadly..anyways i have a legit anxiety disorder and THAT feeling of total relief calmness etc is amazing. But it usually leads to me taking more & blacking out acting stupid. I still love them though. Klonopin is my favorite. Used to be xanax but they are to intoxicating

Benzos are my must haves soo sick without them love the way they make me numb to this fucked off place we call home..Xanax is best an fastest for me k pins are great too.

because they let me sleep, they go well with any other drug. They aren't as addictive as opioids.

1. What do you use (if using)

1 - bromazepam
2 - alzam
3 - ativan
4 - clonazepam

2. Why do you use/don’t use

1 - Bromazepam = Bromazepam for me personally has that happy go lucky feeling without the sedating feeling. I do get a slight sense of euphoria and cause its a medium-long acting benzo i dont need to dose myself so often. i know it's one of the weaker benzo's but find it to work nicely for me personally. My normal dosing is between 12-18mg a day spread out of course.

2 - Alzam = Alzam i normally use as a quick fix if i feel it coming on quickly and i need instant relieve. I dont use it on a daily basis but if i do it's normally never more then 2mg.

3 - Ativan = Almost the same reason as the alzam but i do prefer it to night time use as it helps but Ativan is something i use very seldom but a benzo I really enjoy.

4 - Clonazepam = This is almost like a replacement for my bromazepam if the bromazepam is out stock and has more or less the same effects for me without the happy go lucky feeling ( reason i enjoy bromazepam more) one thing tho about the clomazepam I can feel more of a body relax with it then the Bromazepam.

5 - Valium = Like the general overall feeling of valium and helps with a bad hangover too but not using it at the moment, just laying there in the stash box.

6 - Flurazepam = So far i cant really comment on this one as i only got it yesterday while i was stocking up and used it last night as an alternative to my before bed sleep aid. Only took one cap and was not impressed. Will dbl dose tonight and then hopefully will have more to say about the med tomorrow.

6 - Flurazepam 2.0 = Okay second night trying it and doubling my dose did the trick, give me the sleep i wanted and must say gave me a bit of a high before passing out (if you could call that a high) so with that said i do rank it high for my insomnia based benzo's

The last additions in green text is what i got last night and reason for the edit. Valium in know all to well and have been on it for years, just Flurazepam that is a new addition and something i will report back more on after tonights sleep.

Clearly blue text is my latest update on the flurazepam

Hope this helped towards the topic.

Last edited:
I've only tried etizolam, diclazepam, and diazepam. diclaz blew honestly, just made me very numb emotionally, and very tired. Too long acting. etiz is a favorite and very enjoyable recreationally, feel a bit heavy and belligerent off it. Diaz I only had once, but very fun. Very amnesiac and heavy in the body. Easily the most enjoyable of the three I've tried.

I love the way benzos make you feel disconnected from emotion and body, especially mixed with a mild amount of opioid. And make me sleep so hard. Sleep induction is a recreational effect for me.

Ativan - I'm prescribed Ativan for panic attacks. I used to use it recreationally to potentiate alcohol and other drugs and for sleep, but I only use it therapeutically for acute anxiety or panic now, after getting a DUI. I continue to use it occasionally to "level out" my anxiety back to baseline levels whenever physical symptoms of anxiety manifest, like a racing heart, shakiness etc. but I try and use propranolol first since it doesn't have the addiction liability of a benzo. I've been through benzo WD and it's the worst WD I've ever experienced. I also don't use it for sleep anymore since getting a script for Ambien, which I find more effective and kicks in faster.

I?ve only tried Xanax and it was a pressed pill I was told was 4mg but one night after, I learned that 2 pills got me feeling really good, I tried 3 and when it kicked in I got so euphoric I decided to try 4, at this point I felt like I was super drunk but more euphoric and not sick or anything it was awesome but needless to say if those 4 pills actually were 4mg I would probably be dead. I don?t get very sleepy off these pressed alprazolam pills and I?m convinced they are real alp because a friend of mines mom gets prescription Xanax and we have both tried them and they are very similar but weaker strength 1-1.5mg, I love the feeling of Xanax so much if I take 2 and drink 2/10-1/2 a beer I get super fucked up and have stumbled into walls and such I actually lost full balance on 2 pills and some acid shit was so funny, my Xanax use is rare due to my dealer not always being available, if I could I would take them everyday and end up a hopeless junkie, I want to try heroine and have been trying to get my friend to make a meet with an oxy dealer, my advice is if you like benzos a lot and have an addictive personality like mine (got drunk 3 days in a row currently it?s 5am and I can?t sleep) don?t KEEP DOING THEM, I plan on getting 10 xans ASAP

Takes the edge off a rough day, helps you get to sleep, makes you real hungry and giddy.

Downers aren't everyone's cup of tea though.

I like them because they help me when I have to go on a long flight. say twenty four hours.

alprazolam keeps me stable and care-free under the most stressful of situations. That DGAF attitude can get one through a sh**-storm untouched (temporarily)... it all has to balance sometime. wanna get my script but damn i do hate being on the all trhe time but cannot control my doc.
I love everything about it... except when i run out; and the amnesia: All a part of the game. i chip when it runs low. Don't splurge often band do have phenibut (maybe 800mg a day now) to help with everyday plastic-smiles.

They make me feel like I'm the most understanding and capable man I can be. Completely without inhibitions and able to speak with the most beautiful women with confidence. Capable of using my verbal talents to pull people into a sale, seek economic benefit through increased ease in interactions.

I love benzos...i accomplished quite a deal of business while using them over the years. I suffer from an anxiety disorder, Clonazepam is my confidant.

~ They are one of my favorite classes of drugs ~

Last edited:
I take them for severe anxiety, my PTSD and all the wonderful things that come along with it. Klonopin works great for me, one of the most helpful meds for me.

They give you a distance from the world. Edges become more round. Concentration can take quite a dip, though.