>>SUSPENDED<< Prune v2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloudflare? I have NoScript as part of Firefox and learned how to use it very efficiently with a few other add-ons to make the Firefox since 3.6.2 to the little lull where there was no NoScript add-on when Quantum just came out, but what I see from NoScript, cloudflare is a tracker I do have to block here.

xlhwey.jpg

See..NoScript has 3 entries bluelight I allow at all times, gstatic I often have to turn on for those damn picture captchas to show up because a site will not let me go on without such a verification, while others think I did and let me press the last button on the page when filling, google-analytics I allow nowhere, it hasn't broke websites like say sites relying on a CDN and such, where I have to enable a bunch of stuff in a long list. I got rid of Disconnect recently and the seeming conflict FF said it found with that tiny number 1 in a yellow square over the 3 horizontal officially now "the menu" button on many applications, I still rather go to Edit-> Prefs, it's only this way in Linux, it's not in Tools.

Anyway, I may have some posts worth saving, things I don't mind people know about me like when I was an addict to Dilaudid IV because we were a year away from having generic Oxycodone-CR (man those are awesome, only had some a few times of different generic brands, I mean 8 or 9 generic companies, some that don't make any other opiate even, are all like the old OC's, except for the PMS-Oxycodone CR ones, which are very bulky and need some epic crushing to get it to be IR. Then they give Oxy only in immediate release forms like OxyIR/Supeudol were not withdrawn pending a reformulation, OxyNeo being our OP's...only thing, here doctors if you ask for a generic that costs much much less than the shit OxyNeos, who are scientifically proven not to have the same graphic of plasma levels over time and generic Oxycodone-CR's and the old CDN Oxycontins have much better curves than OxyNeo. At least our OP does not have a carcinogen in it.

Those are the kind of informative information I spent giving to people who mostly had no clue and maybe 1/4 were trolling. So is it okay to submit some of your own posts? I mean, there's better, english-as-first-language, although I am close to 100% bilingual, not 100% B as in the 4 letter acronym..8)

Also, I don't know what posts should be conserved forever other than the FAQs, most updated ones on every substances in those short and stout threads to the Mega Big and Dandy threads. These sorts are kind of a no-brainer to keep, even if the substance has maybe 10 posts in their respective threads. Otherwise, I know not what is going on, I mean I even saw my fiancee go batshit because she couldn't place Candy Krush on Facebook, one of the main thing she does, when FB actually went down yesterday around 4:30pm. Which is mega strange, considering all the censorship, illegal censorship that big platforms impose on the people that made them what they are. People who speak of real facts and not just repeating what the news told them, doing shows on the political and god-forbid occult/satanic influence on society which is real, but that'll get even somebody with 40k subscribers disappear, at least my favourite "stop the bullshit", a better name than truther for sure, poor Jon Gold, I'm sure he meant well when he invented the word.

I find Alex Jones to be a right wing kind of Jon Leibowitz Stewart, he's an idiot chasing wild goose chases, inventing facts, but he should be allowed to say whatever he wants, nobody died, at least officiallly because of AJ. Stewart left before the endless shitstorm and the fact he's been in heroin and coke rehab 6 times, I don't think he was gonna be able to survive whatever happened after him leaving in early summer 2016.

Before that a ton of medium-large YT were disappeared and then reallowed with full restriction bars. Then Facebook goes down. Net Neutrality in the US is dead, for now anyway, the FCC under D's did well, likely the only thing as well as the Iran deal he's made, but domestic consumption acted llke it was a bilateral agreement, it's not, as we're seeing, it was a 6 country accord.

I'm well versed in american politics because it's such a mess, Canadian politics is only nasty when the NeoCons fake Tories "Conservatives". I'm sure I dropped some truth bombs here and there when not talking drug boards.

I can't really think exactly of a user who should have some of their threads/posts archived, I can think of many users who make quality posts, it's too big of a job for me to look at say my friends on here material, I'm able to judge myself, I don't judge others unless its so damn obvious they are trolls/shills/bakers/whateverz.

So if one can submit post of theirs they think should remain, well first we have to know if the thread itself survives, or if it's a thread I made myself and got a decent amount of replies and cool/quality infornation was discussed in those situations.

I don't remember why you guys are doing this, but to me in that picture, you can see the yellow padlock...only BL's frontpage has a green padlock (regarding HTTPS if you don't know what I'm talking about or use browsers other than FF and Chromium often, can't say, but you want your HTTPS to work all the time it should..

I had two questions while going through the old threads in my subscription lists:

Will stickied threads and/or mod threads without any posts from 2018 be spared from the cull?

Also, you said that Pillreports.net hosting will not be affected, but will the corresponding forum here on BL be pruned? I saw that the MAPS forums are exempt, but didn't see that particular subforum mentioned on the pruning dashboard.

Entirely at the moderator's discretion to keep or not. Looks like you can keep yours.

Pillreports.net is a separate site, and we simply host their forum threads. They are not being touched by this prune.

MAPS would be exempt as well, leaving them off the dashboard would have been an oversight I can remedy. They are not being touched by this prune.

Is there a specific amount of decrease needed, asked for or wanted per forum?

No. Quantity is not the concern, but quality. That's why we're targetting low value threads in an effort to clean things up, rather than a % decrease in db size for any given area.

If a thread or several means something to the people interested in that forum, then it would be good mod form to keep what people want.

True! That's why we encourage members to let staff know if there is a thread that means something to them (it has value!), and we're asking mods to be very generous in deciding what to keep.

It's probably not a good idea to arbitrarily delete closed threads as they are generally short and closed if no good but lengthy ones do contain good material, significant events etc.

Also true. Which is why we aren't deleting by arbitrary aspects such as number of replies or views, or if a thread is closed. If that were the case, we'd have done it already and not discussed it. Instead, all those low reply, low view, and closed threads are all given a chance for review prior to deletion and anyone can ask to save any of those threads. IF a thread is closed, you obviously can't BUMP it, but you can still REPORT it, PM a mod about it, or post a link to it in the forum's sticky notice about the prune and ask via thread post about saving that particular thread.

Really, by giving members the chance to save anything they feel is of value, we're trying to save as much as possible and only remove the stuff nobody has a need for. And, at the end of the day, nobody can say we didn't give them a chance to save something :\ We don't want staff, or some dumbass like me, making arbitrary random cuts ... we want member help in ensuring we save what needs to be saved.

As long as we're chipping in to save the good content, then I think a little spring cleaning won't hurt. There's quite a few old cobwebs around ;)

O5-A.gif

Aye, it's driving a lot of updates to those awesome index's like PD has...and inspiring others to create similar!

I think i might already have mentioned it, but we REALLY should leave NSPD/former ADD alone, for the vast majority of posts at least. It doesn't tend to attract the garbage spewers in the first place for the most part, and it is in effect, self-cleaning, we have good mods there, and garbage threads generally get deleted pretty quickly. The vast majority of NSPD/ADD is of good quality. The very nature of the forum tends to attract those of a more intellectual disposition than elsewhere.

L_C, we fully respect some forums don't attract much trash, and as such fully expect they will have little (if any) to get rid of. Consider this exercise also a means of looking anew at all the great content in there, and assessing if something should be brought back up for more discussion or perhaps organized with a forum index of key threads so they are easier to find?

= = =

Several forums have progressed to their next round, and NAPD and DitM have started their first rounds of review.

Speaking of stuff nobody has a use for, the new archiving area in the lounge is quite interesting. There seems to be a lot of split threads, strange choices of threads, parts of threads, is there any slight possibility of some content being removed to pretend it never happened?

Theres no highly visible banner to let anyone who wanders in know to save or bump threads, oversight or not time yet?

It's highly unlikely to be anything dodgy or underhanded
but for example I didnt start a thread called "civil war", nurse did, kittykat5 got shafted and permabanned from being on staff , it's not as if that would go un noticed .

Editing content like that does not change what happened, doesnt really allow for anyone to have an uncensored pick over what they think is salvageable etc.

The smods and mods who are doing that prol should not do that but ya know, whatever, pretty much creating fake news and honestly sweeping things under the carpet has not worked until now, it's not going to work in years to come, just makes another mess in the future for someone else to deal with.

Nothing quite so underhanded. Situation is that I created a _staff_only_ version of PENDING and filled it with any UA'd and Closed threads so the mods could have some material to get used to the prune with. Reality is there is about 300+ threads total in there, but the only ones members can see is the closed ones. The UA shouldn't be revived, and have long since disappeared from public view (bringing them back would be counterproductive) so they are there as practice for the mods. Additionally, the closed threads are likely on their way out - I did point out to the mods that sometimes closed threads have merit in an archive to show what doesn't fly in the forum, but it's their discretion. The problem here is that I meant for the 'practice' round to be _staff_only_ but messed up on the permissions and left it public. Nothing nefarious, just a dumbass on my keyboard.

As to the threads you reference, check the dates...everything was from long ago (if they were split out from other threads, making the new #1 post the thread owner, it was done back then). I went so far as to check edits on several threads, and no mods have done any editing-splitting-merging etc since sometime in 2017 or whatever the thread reflects.

I hope you don't delete informative and interesting threads such as "Is it safe to roll whilst wearing a hat?"

can you please expound on the "all threads prior to 2018"... will this mean *any* thread that has been responded to *this* year will be spared? or just considered for sparing?

We are not planning to review any thread that has been replied to in 2018.

Can we slow some of these prunings down please?

For instance, there are literally hundreds of threads in DC up for the chop that have tens of thousands of views and dozens of pages of posts. In other words lots of useful info for anyone searching the forums.

Now it takes me about an hour or so to do a page of 40 threads, and there are 38 pages of 40 threads per page to do in DC alone - in just 2 days.

There's also the issue of post timing. I can't bump a thread for saving quickly because only smods and upwards can post more than once every 45 seconds. It's a surprisingly frustrating limit.

So there are some logistical challenges that can't easily be overcome, even for the dedicated.

It would make sense if senior staff could order threads up for deletion by views, and then save all the top threads by default. And then order by replies, and save those top ones by default.

That would save hours of unnecessary work, since those kinds of threads are very likely the type we are trying to save.

Folks, we have a dozen forums currently reviewing threads for the prune. That's way more than we'd normally ever run at once (as evidenced by the flooding number of REPORTed threads, and the way mods are pulling their hair out - some on fire, some not. Bottom line, running a prune is stressful - ours is a bit overwhelming in that we have 7yr of crap to clean up, but it's made worse by having fewer members to help with the exercise.

It wasn't my intent to disrupt the site, but part of my direction upon returning was to get us upgraded. Historically, any upgrade would drive us to prune to minimize the db and limit the errors. We have been looking hard at the upgrade path, and gotten some helpful feedback from experienced members on this subject, and by all signs we'll be looking to move to Xenforo by the end of the year (hopefully, and with standard BL time not in effect :| ). It is also known that Xenforo can absorb sites bigger than ours. I started this before I knew it wouldn't be necessary from a technical perspective. But we continued it from the point of view that we DO have a lot of crap (closed, UA'd deleted, and useless low reply threads) that could be gotten rid of, and for the likes of PD it was a chance to refresh the indexes and make good stuff more findable.

Please don't protest too loudly, but we're going to suspend the prune following this current round. We'll leave the current PENDING out for another week or so (forum mod discretion) before sweeping them away. We will then shift our focus to getting the site migrated to Xenforo ASAP. Once we settle into the new digs, we intend to explore means of to better keep a clean house, but for now, the pressure is being taken off.

I was warned to try and keep this short and direct. I am incapable.

Glad to see the hard work going into this guys, keep it up! We all appreciate it very much:)

Status
Not open for further replies.