• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Trimipramine...and a bunch of other stuff

Gettingoutofbed

Greenlighter
Hi all,

A couple months ago I started reading about Trimipramine (a tricyclic antidepressant) and was surprised by the lack of information on various forums and online in general. To start off I have to say I think that this medication has been the first medication I've taken for depression that has worked...which says alot considering I've been on and off god knows how many different medications with minimal to no success. I started off at 25mg daily and now I am taking 150mg daily at night. I saw a difference in my depression within a week which was amazing. It has continued to work almost four months later. I've heard others online wondering if it is worth trying and I would say absolutely.

My hope is at some point in the next few months I will just be on my suboxone 8mg (I have enough med changes going on right now I don't want to get off it yet), Trimipramine and Vyvanse. I am on 150mg Effexor now which I am hoping after my psych. appointment today to start weaning off...and I just recently finished tapering off of clonazepam and clonodine after having taken both of them for around a year...so I feel I am making progress to getting this shit show of meds under control!

My issue now is that my pharmacy has informed me the trimipramine interacts with the stimulant medications I have tried for chronic fatigue/possibly narcolepsy. Trimipramine causes stimulants to be much less effective and I am seeing that in the higher end doses I have been given: I was on 3 x 36mg per day of concerta, dexedrine (can't recall the dose) and now vyvanse 70mg per day. I am wondering if anyone has any similar experience or knows how much the Trimipramine affects stimulants? Would something like Strattera work better possibly since it isn't a stimulant or would it not have the energizing effects I need? If that's not an option I thought it might help to lower the Trimipramine dose to see if that helps...I'm not sure! I'm hoping someone here might be in the know about the interaction I'm talking about...Sorry for rambling, hope I was relatively clear!

P.S
If anyone has any questions about Trimipramine ask away as I know it's hard to find first hand information on :)

is it good for sleep? how would it interact with valium? will 50mg be too big a dose for first time user,

is there any recreational value in it