Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

More than 70 people overdose in New Haven as park visitors watch in horror

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
More than 70 people overdose in New Haven as park visitors watch in horror

Frank Miles
8/16/2018

As many as 76 people overdosed on what?s believed to have been synthetic marijuana at or near a Connecticut city park as fellow parkgoers watched in horror.
Officials said most of the overdoses happened on the New Haven Green throughout the day on Wednesday.
?We have a guy laid out in the alleyway, unresponsive, eyes wide open. He?s out cold,? an unidentified bystander shouted, according to the New Haven Register.
Lt. Ernest Jones, an emergency medical technician for the New Haven Fire Department, told the Register he?s had his job for five years, and never had such an abnormal day at work.

cont https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...rs-watch-in-horror/ar-BBLZ1Qr?ocid=spartandhp

This is crazy, just a day ago they said 25. I wonder what they OD on, is there really that big of a market for synthetic cannabinoids and who fucked up on the dosing?

Yeah synth cannabinioids are everywhere and people can smoke them with less fear of failing a drug test

We have a massive problem with synthnoids in the UK, which has actually got worse since they were banned. Many town centres are littered with unconscious users - often homeless people due to it being so cheap. Our prisons are also flooded with the stuff. Simply because they won't legalise cannabis...

Someone either fucked up the ratio big time or they are just throwing new chems on some plant material without any form of testing. Wouldn’t surprise me if it came back as MMB-Chminaca or another insanely potent relative.

Thank you Cheech and Chong, for teaching me to stick with real green, green stuff. You did far more than any contextually-relevant Public Service Announcement has ever managed to achieve. Stay strong dudes. My sincere condolences for these victims of the wack-as-fuck war on (certain politically-incorrect) drugs.

It's actually blowing my mind just trying to picture this. It's almost surreal. I mean I understand it's New Haven, but I don't understand how 70+ people decided to all do the same batch of the same drug dosing on a public green? How do they all have the same dealer?

It's actually blowing my mind just trying to picture this. It's almost surreal. I mean I understand it's New Haven, but I don't understand how 70+ people decided to all do the same batch of the same drug dosing on a public green? How do they all have the same dealer?

Mind = blown.

This hypothetical dealer you're touching upon sounds like (s)he's bound to have his or her mind blown as well.

One article I read said several of the OD's had a response to Narcan so they suspected maybe fentanyl in the stuff but thats kinda scary no doubt

The article I read said they didn’t respond to narcan. I think the EMTs were just at a loss and figured it a shot in the dark that may work. From the sounds of it I think someone either really messed up the ratio effectively turning the entire batch into one big hot-spot or they didn’t even care to test the synth noid they received before spraying it onto the plant matter. That, combined with a known open air drug market such as “The Green” in New Haven is a recipe for disaster. Though with fent finding its way in everything now days it would certainly be possible(am quite sure the article I read said they did not respond to narcan and eventually came around on their own a while afterwards though).

As F.U.B.A.R said, scenes like this are a daily occurrence in most UK cities, sadly. Leicester isn't even the worst for synthetic cannabinoids but I still can't walk through the city centre without seeing multiple people unconscious or violently shaking and unresponsive. To the point where paramedics are always either treating an overdose or waiting near by for an overdose to inevitably happen. It was better when the homeless population stuck to heroin and crack, as sad as that is, at least it was predictable. From the sound of things the US is going down the same road....