Moderator keeps deleting posts for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rio Fantastic

Bluelighter
Hello,

I have made 2 posts trying to address a moderator's use of an offensive racial epithet. Both posts were respectful, courteous and just trying to educate him about offensive language. He is deleting them and giving no cause and leaving the offensive term standing, not allowing me to even mention it. This seems unfair to me, as I am breaking no sites rules at all. Do moderators have the freedom to use offensive language & delete posts questioning them that don't violate any site rules?

Thanks

Have you PMed the moderator in question? Sometimes misunderstandings are better cleared up through direct dialogue.

Have you PMed the moderator in question? Sometimes misunderstandings are better cleared up through direct dialogue.

Yes. I have not only made multiple posts in the thread but have also sent 2 polite & courteous PMs, both of which are being ignored (despite the fact the moderator has been online since to delete my posts in the thread).

You've also reported the post, which i think is the best way to approach this sort of thing.
We're volunteers, so you might not get a response right away, but we don't ignore reported posts, so sometimes you just need to be patient, it might take a day or two for staff to respond.

The thread you are referring to is a detox journal called "brutally detoxing again" - and you're nitpicking about a politically incorrect posts?
I've looked at a few of your posts that have been unapproved and otherwise moderated in Sober Living, and they are inflammatory and aggressive.

I'm not sure what motivates your abrasive posts towards people in the recovery forums, but it is not in the spirit of bluelight's harm reduction mission - not to mention forum guidelines or the user agreement.

When people start threads about their detox, their recovery and other sensitive, personal matters we expect that those people be addressed respectfully.

If you don't observe the terms laid out in the user agreement and ignore moderators' pleas to be more respectful towards vulnerable people, you will continue to have posts your posts moderated. That is the job the staff here do, to help facilitate discussion that is respectful and appropriate.
Trolling or flaming people in these threads will not be tolerated, which has been made abundantly clear to you and every other user that posts there.

There are a few different discussions to he had here, but i don't think this is the best place for it so i'm going to close it.
Problematic posts can be reported and we will review it, and if you do so in good faith, we will happily respond in kind.

Last edited:
One last thing to point out:

If a user believes that a mod’s actions were inappropriate, please reach out to the forum smods. If you don’t feel comfortable with the smods if a particular forum, you’re encouraged to reach out to other senior staff members.

Other than RPing something a BLer feels is problematic, reaching out to senior staff is going to be more effective than creating a thread here about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.