L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Propensity to feel strongly attracted to both genders

washingtonbound

Bluelighter
I was thinking the other day, wouldn't it be awkward to be bisexual in the literal sense where you get butterflies around members of both sexes? If you are gay or heterosexual, there is one gender you become nervous around when pursuing romantically and one gender that is easier to confide in as a casual friend. See what I'm saying? If every good looking person was attractive to you, wouldn't it feel weird to constantly feel this? That is why I tend to think that bisexual people still have a preference for one gender even if they sleep with both. Just my opinion though.
I was also reading that the percentage of bisexual people is lower than gay people, possibly lower than one percent. So it is an uncommon phenomenon to begin with.

Thoughts?

Hi Washingtonbound,

Well, I do not think it would be a problem, because if we are straight, we are not attracted romantically to every attractive straight person, and if we are gay, we are not attracted romantically to every attractive gay person that we see. Therefore, if you were bisexual, it would be no different, except you might find more people that you perhaps were attracted to romantically. Maybe a nice advantage.

Last edited:
Hello Washingtonbound,

I think it's ok to be attracted with any person you bump into. What's not ok is to sexually fantasize with each one. If you really feel confused, it would be better to see a psychologist. There's absolutely nothing wrong consulting experts.

Whenever I’m around an attractive woman, I get the nervous feeling and am apprehensive about approaching. This is not the case with men. I feel that if you were attracted strongly to both genders it would be difficult to have friends without feeling romantically inclined to someone

Whenever I?m around an attractive woman, I get the nervous feeling and am apprehensive about approaching. This is not the case with men. I feel that if you were attracted strongly to both genders it would be difficult to have friends without feeling romantically inclined to someone

just be friends with not hot people- problem solved lol

Even though I don't have a penis growing out of forehead, I'd still be a dickhead for making a thread about "how awkward that would be."

What a noob.

Not necessary to throw shade, was just an idea I wanted to get info on. There’s nothing offensive about this post whatsoever.

dunno, i've never had a problem talking to "hot", obviously attractive people. maybe that's not your point, but i think it's entirely possible to be attracted to someone without them making you nervous or feeling awkward.

are you quite young? i'm trying to remember if there was ever a time that attractive women made me feel nervous.
maybe if i was hanging out with them, and trying to work out the best way to make a move, but i don't think i have ever felt especially awkward or nervous around good lookin' people, it's probably a hangup you can work through, regardless of your sexual preferences.

maybe some people feel more nervous around good looking people of a gender they are not attracted to; their perceived rivals?