• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

I was a Confidential Informant. Here's what to watch for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadEd38

Greenlighter
Mods, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this, and if that's the case, please remove and just let me know for future reference. I am new here and admittedly do not know all the rules. Thank you!

Firstly, I want to say that I stand on a more pro-drug stance. I initially became a CI as part of getting out of prison. While I am mostly pro-drug, I do believe in self-preservation above all. I believe possession of all drugs should be decriminalized, and the producers of the hard, more dangerous stuff, be held legally accountable. I actually encourage some drug use with marijuana and hallucinogens with proper education and responsibility. When I was a CI (confidential informant), I felt conflicted with my beliefs and eventually quit because all the targets that popped up generally sold marijuana or concentrates and I believe this shouldn't even be a fine. The money was no longer worth it as it was weighing on my conscious.

That being said, I was a CI for Nebraska State Patrol (NSP), and I've been told that each state handles their CI work differently, but most of the warnings to be made here will transfer over from state to state and apply to anyone that this information has any real world significance to. I'll try to make this as easy to understand as possible and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help. One thing to note, is in order to provide a solid case, CI's are required to make two buys on a target. Now, this may change in other states, but if we didn't get two buys, it didn't go to the county attorney. They want an airtight case before even approaching a county attorney with evidence. This is directed to plugs who want to be extra careful. I know most of this is tedious and requires a lot of observation, but if you're serious about not getting caught, one should follow these notes.

1. Something to watch out for is people who want to get something from you or someone you know on a different day. If he says "Yeah, I'll come get it Monday" and it's a Saturday, that COULD mean he's giving his handler time to get other officers available for a controlled buy to do surveillance. This only takes one day to do. Narcs don't like doing a same day buy and in my whole time, we never did.

2. Watch out for clients who went to jail previously. When I was arrested for concentrates, a narc approached me in jail and said he wanted me to be his CI. I didn't do this because at the time, the county attorney had a hard on for me, and wouldn't approve me to be released to do a controlled buy. They approach you saying if you help, charges will be dropped. It's a huge incentive especially if you're looking at felony charges. You need not be concerned if they went to jail for something non-drug possession related, as narcs wouldn't be approaching them in the first place. Still, if they're serious charges, you may want to be weary of dealing with that person for a while. Make up an excuse or proceed with caution by following some guidelines pointed out throughout this post.

3. Name, drug, and money. The three things we were REQUIRED to do, during a controlled buy, was address the person by name, ask or make a comment about the drugs being bought, and tell them the amount of money being given to the plug. You are wired with two small box devices generally hidden in pockets, which officers are listening in on. It would go something like this "Hey Jake, so what's the name of the strain of weed again? .... Alright, well here's the $100."

4. Handlers don't like it when you hang out with the people you buy drugs from, and generally want to be notified first, but they still don't like it. Try hanging out with your clients once in a while, especially if they just got out of jail for drug charges, before selling to them again. Offer them a few hits and see if they'll take it. Handlers make it known that you are no longer to be doing drugs, although many still will. They are, however, permitted to "simulate" smoke, which is like taking a hit but not inhaling and blowing out immediately. Might be something to keep up on.

5. When I inquired about the DEA's methods to my handler, he said that they like to buy "everything" a person has in a controlled buy, whereas most other narcs just want to have enough evidence to get a distribution charge, which could be buying a dimebag of weed. So if someone you've dealt with previously wants to suddenly buy all your merchandise or a much larger amount than they ever have, this could be a sign of a CI.

6. Cameras. When going inside a house for a controlled buy, I had to have a camera attached to my keyring that was in my hand at all times in order to give officers visuals on what's going on inside the building. If someone is holding their keys and pointing a fob at you or waving it around even slightly, call off the deal, especially if this is against their normal routine not to have keys in their hands. Remember, if you don't follow through with the deal, you can't be charged with anything.

7. Day vs. night. No agency wants to do a buy at night because there are no clear visuals for other officers at night. If your people are buying during the night, stay comforted by the fact they're definitely not CI's.

8. Sorry, but Snapchat isn't going to keep you entirely safe. All CIs are given burner phones to take picture evidence of messages being sent through Snapchat. The only upside to using Snapchat is if you accidentally leave the chat for a second and come back to get evidence with your burner, it may very well be gone as the messages delete themselves. This happened to me more than a couple times because I did not ever use Snapchat and it was confusing for me.

9. Look for changed behavior in your clients. That's the big thing. Have their buying habits changed? Could be a reason.

10. One of the biggest things I can recommend, do NOT use real names, and NEVER use text or Facebook, and NEVER meet at your place of residence. Pseudonyms are always the best. It's hard to charge someone if you don't know who they are. Cops use text to figure that out even if you do have a nickname. A combination of never revealing your name, using Snapchat (with a username not linking to who you are in real life), and meeting in THEIR car (not yours because yours has plates that can be traced back to you) and waiting about ten minutes to go back to your vehicle, will make a huge difference. Meet in an area with a lot of parked cars, a mall perhaps, and go fuck around in the mall for a bit before leaving. NEVER let them dictate where you meet. Narcs do not do busts on scene. They wait several months before getting the arrest warrants required in order to let suspicion fall off their CI. Run your enterprise like this, and I can almost guarantee they'll have nothing to go on to get a warrant because they still have no idea who you are. In fact, a handler most likely won't even want to pursue a target a CI doesn't have a real name, address, or phone number for.

TL;DR, keep your eyes on who gets arrested through some sort of source, don't use a name, phone number, or meet near your car or at home, make some attempts to hang out with people you may be suspicious of before selling, watch out heavily for the name, drug, money technique, and call off a deal if things are seeming to add up. It's better to be careful than to be in prison. Again, mods, if this goes against some rule, just send me a PM and let me know so I know what's going on. I apologize if it does break some rule. Thanks again. If you have any questions, let me know. I'm sure there's more little things I could go over but can't think of at the moment. Have a good one guys, and stay safe.

deadEd38 said:
Firstly, I want to say that I stand on a more pro-drug stance. I initially became a CI as part of getting out of prison. While I am mostly pro-drug, I do believe in self-preservation above all.

Pro-drug, huh? But not really, right?

It's like saying, "I have a mostly pro- good, cheap Mexican food stance, so I make sure to lock up or kill any taco truck owners the local health inspectors ask me to betray. Cause, it beats a diversion sentence of a drug class once a week."

Now, I have a certain skill-set that's made me a sought-after asset, and I have some experience with what you describe. Enough to tell the other readers here that's not how it works most of the time.

Although, one thing I do NOT have experience with is fucking over any dealers. I've never once given anyone up for dealing or buying drugs, even after threats on my life from both sides (there's no one more desperate to cut a deal than the middleman--except maybe a dirty cop).

(Because besides my strong beliefs against the Drug War, I'm also loyal. But even then, I can only take so many betrayals myself. The people who finally lost my trust aren't available to back that up.)

Pro-drug, huh? But not really, right?

It's like saying, "I have a mostly pro- good, cheap Mexican food stance, so I make sure to lock up or kill any taco truck owners the local health inspectors ask me to betray. Cause, it beats a diversion sentence of a drug class once a week."

Now, I have a certain skill-set that's made me a sought-after asset, and I have some experience with what you describe. Enough to tell the other readers here that's not how it works most of the time.

Although, one thing I do NOT have experience with is fucking over any dealers. I've never once given anyone up for dealing or buying drugs, even after threats on my life from both sides (there's no one more desperate to cut a deal than the middleman--except maybe a dirty cop).

(Because besides my strong beliefs against the Drug War, I'm also loyal. But even then, I can only take so many betrayals myself. The people who finally lost my trust aren't available to back that up.)

That's why I've said mostly pro-drug. I'm not all for people running around snorting cocaine and not being required to seek help or allowing people to manufacture meth to give to people who can't handle being responsible. So no, I'm not entirely pro-drug and never claimed to be. By the way, you're a fucking idiot. If all that was on the line was diversion or a drug class, I wouldn't had done shit. I got into act trouble. Prison trouble. Ever heard of it? So, I acted in a way that kept me out of prison. Nobody expects you to like it, but at least try harder next time you want to come at someone.

By the way, readers, nobody gets CIs based on "saught after skills" and he just flat admitted he's never done anything as a CI, so don't listen to him when he says it's not how it works. This is how it works.

Would you rather follow the word of a guy who is upset someone didn't take the same route as him and seeks to simply devalue that person, or someone who's actually offering information on how things work instead of nothing followed by a "but I've never done it but know how it works usually."

I got into act trouble. Prison trouble. Ever heard of it?

By the way, readers, nobody gets CIs based on "saught after skills" and he just flat admitted he's never done anything as a CI, so don't listen to him when he says it's not how it works. This is how it works.

Would you rather follow the word of a guy who is upset someone didn't take the same route as him and seeks to simply devalue that person, or someone who's actually offering information on how things work instead of nothing followed by a "but I've never done it but know how it works usually."

Well now, Ed, did I ever say I was a CI?

Drugs are a big market, with a lot of players.

I'll believe a site Moderator over someone who busts in the group and flat out calls them a liar. You could have had a conversation with the Mod without being a jerk. That's how it works around here.

I'm a jerk to people who end up being jerks to me. Sorry if that offends you. But logic still dictates I'm the one with any valid information here.

Maybe I'm not a mod, but why don't we stay on topic here and not bash
ANYBODY anymore?

No, but you wouldn't know much if you hadn't been one is my point.

Look, Ed, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Wouldn't you say, though, that the cops and dealers who "work" with CIs also know quite a bit about what goes down?

Neither group really . . . appreciates the role. I'm sure you've thought about the reception you'd get in prison if it comes to that. (It's why most CIs would never advertise that they work for cops in public--but there are always exceptions.)

And FTR, I'm not a cop or a dealer. But like I said, there's a lot of gears in the drug machine.

You'll ignore personal attacks, but you are fine with personally attacking someone? Neither I nor Scrofula said anything that should have hurt your feelings. But you called Scrofula a "fucking idiot" out of the gate, and told thousands of people to ignore him, because you were a CI in one town in one County in one state in the USA so you know exactly how every police department does it. You don't know who you might be talking to behind the screen lol. Okay, you keep that bro. Wouldn't want to hurt your feelings so I'll stay out of it.

Nothing worse than a grass. They are as low as nonces.

Shit, informants give the sort of filth that sodomize toddlers to death a bad name. As we say here 'snitches get stitches'

If I EVER found out someone was a grass, I'd set up a 'deal' and after administering a slow-acting poison transdermally, I'd fuck the deal off and leave them to start vomiting and shitting their internal organs out as a slushpuppy.

Grassing cunts are as bad as child rapists. Hell they give the nonces something (not someONE, someTHING to use as a fucking latrine. Dis-Fucking-Scusting.

Look, Ed, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Wouldn't you say, though, that the cops and dealers who "work" with CIs also know quite a bit about what goes down?

Neither group really . . . appreciates the role. I'm sure you've thought about the reception you'd get in prison if it comes to that. (It's why most CIs would never advertise that they work for cops in public--but there are always exceptions.)

And FTR, I'm not a cop or a dealer. But like I said, there's a lot of gears in the drug machine.

We're good man. I think you just came off as a kind of a dick so I was a dick back. As for what you know, I'd be curious to know myself if you'd like to share with us. Could save somebody's ass.

You'll ignore personal attacks, but you are fine with personally attacking someone? Neither I nor Scrofula said anything that should have hurt your feelings. But you called Scrofula a "fucking idiot" out of the gate, and told thousands of people to ignore him, because you were a CI in one town in one County in one state in the USA so you know exactly how every police department does it. You don't know who you might be talking to behind the screen lol. Okay, you keep that bro. Wouldn't want to hurt your feelings so I'll stay out of it.

My feelings weren't hurt, but he came off rude towards me. Maybe that wasn't his intention and I acknowledge that. As for me knowing how everybody does it, try reading the post eh?

"That being said, I was a CI for Nebraska State Patrol (NSP), and I've been told that each state handles their CI work differently"

All I said beyond that was most states will probably work in a similar fashion. I'll try not to hurt your feelings anymore too.

Nothing worse than a grass. They are as low as nonces.

Shit, informants give the sort of filth that sodomize toddlers to death a bad name. As we say here 'snitches get stitches'

If I EVER found out someone was a grass, I'd set up a 'deal' and after administering a slow-acting poison transdermally, I'd fuck the deal off and leave them to start vomiting and shitting their internal organs out as a slushpuppy.

Grassing cunts are as bad as child rapists. Hell they give the nonces something (not someONE, someTHING to use as a fucking latrine. Dis-Fucking-Scusting.

Thanks for your support!

HOMELESS -> DC

Mods, please move again if this isn't the right home. Additionally, feel free to remove comments as you normally would if they are detracting from the discussion or violating forum guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.