• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Mental Health Moderator Drive!!!!

AlphaMethylPhenyl

Moderator: TDS
Staff member
Hey There Folks! Time to upgrade one of y'all. We're searching for a new moderator, and you might cut the mustard! It does involve commitment, so if you don't feel up to the responsibilities needed, please refrain from sending in an application. Otherwise, we will carefully consider every person whom wants to be a mod in the Mental Health forum!

Please answer the questions to your ability, and send applications to myself and herbavore. Many warm regards to all!

----------------------------------------------------------

What is your location?

How much time do you spend on Bluelight?

Generally speaking, why would you be our choice as a moderator?

Please state any experience/credentials in providing for mental health care.

What does it mean to you, to be a moderator in the Mental Health forum? What makes the Mental Health forum different from the others?

Scenarios:

A user posts a thread about their suicidality. How would you respond?

A user posts a giant wall of text, very long and complicated. What would you do?

A user uses the SWIM acronym. How do you respond?

Have you had any conflict with users in the past?

How do you keep yourself healthy these days?

Here is the Mission Statement, and the User Agreement. Please be familiar with them if applying.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/content/128-BLUELIGHT-ORG-Reducing-Harm-by-Educating-the-Individual

http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA)

Do you have any ideas for improvements to add to our forum?

Please add any additional information you would like to!

Last edited:
Greetings everybody.

I edited the thread to make it a bit more easy to get through. Hope this helps, and that we get many more applications.

I wanted to add that we will definitely be taking into account both the application and the demonstration of moderator quality in the posts of y'all.

If you can't answer all of the questions, we will still consider you. If you are up to it, give it a go.;)

Hey beautiful people! Get more of those applications in, we want you! You all have so much to offer, why not step up?

If you are worried that you do not have the necessary qualifications to apply, please put your mind at ease. We are a website of volunteers that are peers! I had to be shown just about everything beyond turning my own computer on when I started.=D