L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Losing streak

soundsystem00

Bluelighter
Relationships have always been a challenge for me. I got my heart broke twice last year and once this year! All separate women! Jesus.

This is the most recent one, and the hardest in a long time : A homegirl from the LA music scene ( dnb ) that I have always had a crush on, and had talked to on fb for 8 years, broke up with her BF and flew down here to texas to spend a week with me. It was intense. Heavy petting, passionate sex, jam sessions, good food, ect. She spent $1000 bucks on me and by the time she left, we were telling each other we love each other and planning our apartment and wedding. She said she had a mess to clean up in LA and will be ready soon. Well she gets back there and immediately slams the breaks on me. It fucked me up, but she still decided to come again. This second time things were weird. She was more of a mess and there was a little bit of conflict between us. Then when she got home that time, she did a full turn around and quit even showing me affection whatsoever. She was going over to mens houses, drinking every night at bars, and just putting me on the back burner all around, claiming that she isnt ready for a relationship or even ready to be anywhere close to affections or attentive towards me. It fucked me up on a deep level. I thought she was the one. Truly. I still do. But I began getting more and more frustrated and began acting like a dick. Everytime she said she was giong to call and didnt, every time she blew me off, every time she ignored my affection, I became more of someone I wasnt.

Finally on july 3rd we got into an argument about her becoming more and more flaky. She said "Let me spell it out for you. You never have a chance with me."

Thats when I hung up the phone, blocked all of her contact, and went and got super fucked up. It was a relapse. I went unhinged.

Luckily I am okay, I am sober again and slowly recovering. I think about her a lot. The thoughts are becoming less painful and now it has morphed into a light depression. Light meaning there are good days, sometimes I dont even think about her. But things still remind me of her to the point where it is tiring.

Well, I think I am projecting that. I have literally been rejected 5 times in a row. The first was a girl that literally shut me down the next day that the first girl did. She said the exact same thing, that I never have a chance with her. That was quite upsetting too, because I liked her alot. Not the same level but enough for that to sting. Her reason was that she is crazy and does drugs and does not want to be a bad influence on me.

The next one was a girl who was way out of my league. I met her at an art event and I went up to her and told her she was the most beautiful girl in the club. We exchanged numbers, somehow. We chat here and there. Like, her sending me like 5 setences a day-chatting, nothing special. I decided to ask her out and lure her to the date by painting her a picture. It worked and we went out for a few drinks. I saw her at an event a few days later and she was with her homegirl and she said hi and that she will be right back. She never came back to hang out and that stung. Then a few days later she said she was moving to florida. Gone.

The next one was around the same time as the last, I met her at a music event. She pretty much threw herself at me. Danced on me all night and gave up her number easily. We text every night for about a week. Then she stops responding. I try a few times and about a week later she was like "sorry I have been busy, oh and I am dating someone" so i said okay and quit talking to her. Well about a week later she messages me on my social media and likes some of my pics and says "I am moving to your area in a month" I was like ok? That is weird, is it not?

at this point, I am crushed. Its been about three weeks and I have not really tried anymore. I am obviously just suppose to be single right now. Despite all this shit, I still have good days and try to stay positive. Here is something good that happened this week. Two prospects. I have tried not to even remotely show affection or interest because I am obviously on a losing streak.

1. A girl from my art scene that initiated contact by adding me to fb a few months ago. She sometimes likes my art but that is about all the contact. Well she comments on a painting saying that she wants to buy it. I was running a special that week where I was selling small paintings for 20 bucks. We arranged for her to come over and buy it. She came over and was dressed to a T. Short skirt, hair done, makeup, the whole 9. She blew me away. She gave me 30 bucks even though I only asked 20. She complimented my art and was genuinely kind and beautiful. I asked her to stay and hang out but she had somewhere else to be and was anxious to leave. I messaged her the next day asking her if she liked the painting and the response time was lightening fast and she said "of course, I love it." I have not made any more contact yet. I want yalls input on that.

2. A girl just got a job at the previous company I use to work for, where I was an artist. My art is everywhere at that office and I have a good rep. She added me and said that my work is amazing and that she wants to buy a painting. I looked at her pictures and she is a smoking hot redhead who just moved to my city from another state so that she could work here. She is really funny, really kind and genuine. Her response time is fast but she will suddenly disappear during convo and not respond for a day or two. Not unusual. Anyway I am meeting her friday to sell her a painting. Should I ask her out, or just keep it professoinal?

Okay guys, if you have made it this far, thank you so much for your time. I would love to hear some stuff on this! I have no posted in SLR in ages so I wanted to make my post a good one! Thanks.

Ps. I am an attractive 31 year old man. But my downfall is that I over analyze shit. And in the first girl's case, I was very clingy and super frustrated. But considering the circumstances and that she not only lived in LA, 1300 miles away, she also became super flaky, I feel like that was normal, now that I look back. So yeah I am working on that shit too.

Last edited:
Dear Soundsystem,

I am sorry that you are so miserable from the bad luck with the women you talked about.

From my point of view (and I am a woman BTW), you did not really have "relationships" with these women who you claim dumped you. You had a few very short encounters with most of them. Clearly, some were more intense than others in that in the LA relationship, sex entered the picture very quickly, although you did know her some through FB. And, the LA woman was on the rebound - literally. That is always a red flag for trying to start something with a new person. The others that "dumped" you, including the one from LA, did you a big favor from my perspective. It also appears you get attached way to quickly with a lot of expectations that may not be realistic when you just begin seeing a new woman. If this is a problem for you on a chronic basis, go and see a therapist and work that through.

I think it would be good for you to hear that almost all dating relationships do not work out. Unfortunately, you had a lot of them very close together, so no wonder you are feeling overwhelmed and upset. IMHO, it appears as if you just jump from one woman to another very very quickly. You need to slow down between women and take a breather, give yourself some time to regroup between them, think about what caused the ending of those encounters, if you can, and learn something from each of those experiences to help you in future dating relationships.

By your own admission you are a good looking 31 year old man, and finding women to date does not seem to be your problem. The chances that you will not find a good relationship in your life are slim to none. However, my advice is to ask the other two women you are interested out and "DATE" them. Don't assume anything will happen in terms of a "relationship" with them and get to know one another before getting physical. If things are right down the line with them, the physical will take care of itself. Slow down and enjoy the dating experience and just have fun.

Good luck with all this and let us know how things work out with the two new women.

Last edited:
I am sorry that you are so miserable from the bad luck with the women you talked about.

It is okay, It gets better everyday.

And, the LA woman was on the rebound - literally.

Yeah I understood that. She warned me that she does not want me to be a rebound and that she is not ready for anything serious. I guess it is just the things that were said that made it seem so serious. Then when she got home she turned around and treated it like it wasnt a big deal, which I thought was really fake, and really fucked up.

it appears as if you just jump from one woman to another very very quickly. You need to slow down between women and take a breather

Its crazy because I do not even mean to! Women are my weakness, I love everything about them. Sex drive is literally the last of my motivations, and that is a strong one too. I guess I am hooked to the feeling of being "in love" or maybe it is just the rush I feel of meeting a new person, sleeping with them, and having them text and call me all day. That is a good feeling and it is a feeling of completion that I have never had. I have suffered deeply in addiction for almost 15 years but the last five have been different. I have spent a majority of my time in recovery and I move to the city where life is more stimulating and satisfying. That is when I have been dating so much, the last five years. So I get a little taste of this love that my life has been so severely lacking and I guess I go crazy trying to find that companionship again. Without even realizing I am doing it. I guess my addict tendencies are manifesting in my love life. Or lack thereof. I treated the LA girl as if I was withdrawing and consider making contact with her a relapse.

You need to slow down between women and take a breather, give yourself some time to regroup between them, think about what caused the ending of those encounters, if you can, and learn something from each of those experiences to help you in future dating relationships.

That is great advice. The last two weeks I have made very little effort to contact or pursue women. But these two I am talking about literally seemed like they were put in my path by the universe. It seems like the more I quit trying, the more I see them pursue me. But if I chase they run. Women really are cats. The one that bought the painting, I spoke with her today. I tried to play my cool. I did mention that I thought she was beautiful when she came over. It didnt seem to slow her down or anything, we continued to talk for a while. I have yet to ask her out or anything though, but I had rather talk in person because women dont seem to generally like texting or chatting too much.

The other one, I am meeting friday to sell the painting, I figured I would ask her out in person then instead of through messenger. That way I can exude confidence and dress up.

Good luck with all this and let us know how things work out with the two new women.

Thank you SamanthaB I really appreciate you taking the time. Hopefully I will be seeing you around. Want to go grab some dinner?

Last edited:
TL;DR:

1. Girl A, spoke to for 8 years on facebook. Met, spoke of marriage, blah. Came, and she cheated-- no chance with me, she said.

Devastated. Relapsed.

2. Next girl, B, admitted she was crazy and a chronic drug user (but I still believe there was a chance with her).

3. The most beautiful girl, C, in the art gallery. We msged 5x daily.. for a week.. until she moved to Florida-- never heard from her again.

4. Girl, D, approaches ME! We text-- good connection. Then, she tells me she is dating someone. Then ignores me. Then, says, she's moving in my area.

~~~~~
1a. NEW GIRL (art gallery-- likes my art but nervous about making any moves--should I?)
- I think you should. BUT... you must be acting weird... for these girls... to run away? Can you like send a draft before you send to them? I will give you my info. Like, you need maybe someone to proof ready your shit.

2a. She likes your stuff. She's hot. Advice? Keep it professional. Add and follow on IG. Don't be desperate. Be nice and professional and BYE. No creeper moves. I would even hesitate on complimenting her-- not professional unless it's like wow, I really like your outfit (fashion or bag is OK, but not personal appearance like nice hair or makeup blah)

3a. You sound attractive but crazy AF. Just chill. OK?? Send me everything before you send to these girls. I feel like it's an easy fix...... but idk.

TL;DR:

1. Girl A, spoke to for 8 years on facebook. Met, spoke of marriage, blah. Came, and she cheated-- no chance with me, she said.

Devastated. Relapsed.

2. Next girl, B, admitted she was crazy and a chronic drug user (but I still believe there was a chance with her).

3. The most beautiful girl, C, in the art gallery. We msged 5x daily.. for a week.. until she moved to Florida-- never heard from her again.

4. Girl, D, approaches ME! We text-- good connection. Then, she tells me she is dating someone. Then ignores me. Then, says, she's moving in my area.

~~~~~
1a. NEW GIRL (art gallery-- likes my art but nervous about making any moves--should I?)
- I think you should. BUT... you must be acting weird... for these girls... to run away? Can you like send a draft before you send to them? I will give you my info. Like, you need maybe someone to proof ready your shit.

2a. She likes your stuff. She's hot. Advice? Keep it professional. Add and follow on IG. Don't be desperate. Be nice and professional and BYE. No creeper moves. I would even hesitate on complimenting her-- not professional unless it's like wow, I really like your outfit (fashion or bag is OK, but not personal appearance like nice hair or makeup blah)

3a. You sound attractive but crazy AF. Just chill. OK?? Send me everything before you send to these girls. I feel like it's an easy fix...... but idk.

For sure! I?ll PM you my IG and you can hmu on there. For one, yes I?m crazy. Anxiety ridden for one.

My dads advice is that I talk to much. He said to take a girl out for dinner and then ?cool, goes good, cool, then don?t call for 4 months? haha. I think his outlook is to let them come to you. I don?t think that works all that good for me but it?s something I?m trying at least.

If it?s an easy fix then that?s awesome. Maybe it is an easy fix because when I fuck one thing up, another opportunity presents itself. So I do seem to have something, but there is something I need.

calm the fuck down

you have been getting with lots of women, you sound like you have good game.

chill a bit and women wont keep disappearing cos the way you describe how you feel makes me think you get them interested then overdo it in terms of being keen then they melt away.

your anxiety may seem exciting at first like you are really interested but over time they prob pick up on you feeling unsettled and feelings and moods are contagious

go do some excercise, swimming/gym and see how much less anxious you come off. people are attracted to moods they want for themselves, not just people- moods

curate your mood through food and excercise- avoid caffeine if u are anxious (obvious really)

Lol. Okay I will. I am just kidding. I have felt okay this week. The girl buying the painting is coming tomorrow to grab it but I found out she has a BF. Oh well. I am over it. I am still thinking about the LA girl every day, all day. It may be insane but I did fall in love with her, or at least get really strong feelings. Other then the fact that she did not want a boyfriend she was perfect.

Dear Soundsystem,

You are more than welcome.

Would love to grab lunch, lol. Not sure where you live. Might be kind of a long way in all probability.

Again, good luck.

The woman in the DNB music scene sounds like a narcissistic person, especially with how she quickly spent all of that money, said she loved you, and then out of nowhere broke it all off. You are better off without people like her.

Lol. Okay I will. I am just kidding. I have felt okay this week. The girl buying the painting is coming tomorrow to grab it but I found out she has a BF. Oh well. I am over it. I am still thinking about the LA girl every day, all day. It may be insane but I did fall in love with her, or at least get really strong feelings. Other then the fact that she did not want a boyfriend she was perfect.

LA girl used u as a rebound but spent $1000 on you, of course you like someone that throws money

but unless ur gonna move there and track her down which prob wouldn't work out anyway just find someone new and go gym/swim- some kind of excercise that is significant every 2 days to keep yourself sane

what were you addicted to ages back?

if it was opiates then the excercise is 3x important

sort out your mental health with regular excercise, cut out anxiety triggers (caffeine/tobacco) and eat complex carbs.

thank you! I am trying to cut out caffeine. I have not had any today and am down to 1 cup of coffee a day or less. I do not do opiates any more but I still do Kratom and drink a few shots per night. I am with a different girl now with a whole new set of problems. A girl that lives 20 minutes away that I do not see very often at all.