• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Second Trip - Shrooms - Test Dose - Pt. 1 - Need Help Integrating Events - Exp. 2009

Healing_Sensai

Greenlighter
I think that although it's been almost ten years I still haven't fully integrated one particularly powerful shroom trip that I had and I was wondering if you guys could read my story and possibly help me make sense of everything. This is a long story, and actually consists of two separate stories spanning the course of two trips (I'll post the second story in a separate thread later on). The first story tells of the test dose, and the second one discusses the full dose. For those of you with the patience to read the whole thing, I promise you that it's a good read as it shows just how far one can go in the world of shrooms.

So, back at the beginning of 2009 (February I think), I had my first trip ever. I ate 3.5 grams of dried shrooms and had the best experience ever. It completely changed my life!

Fast forward to July. I was still feeling the positive life changes of that first shroom trip. No depression, no anxiety, I was more social, and life felt more beautiful. Unfortunately, I was still relatively uneducated about the true power of Psychedelics.

So I decided that I was going to trip again. A friend of mine knew somebody who had some, and so I purchased an eighth (3.5g) and went on my merry way.

Now, due to the nature of this trip, I still remember the exact days all the events transpired. On the night of July 2nd, 2009, I either decided to test the shrooms, or just take a small dose out of sheer impulse I don't really remember, but I ate one of the mushrooms. I was by myself. I learned a valuable lesson that night about the value of having sober sitters present even while taking perceived small doses.

After thirty minutes or so, I noticed things start to come to life. Unlike the first time were things came on slow, this time it felt very sudden, almost as though it all happened in a single minute.

I remember the carpet and my bed sheets shifting upwards to where the walls were, and the walls shifting upwards towards the ceiling. A poster in the walk-in closet within my bedroom was dripping downward, kind of like rain, with little shimmering pieces slowly falling downward as if they were leaves.

At some point during all of this, I remember feeling lonely, and because I was alone, I decided that I was going to go out to the local coffee shop which was just a mile down the road. This proved to be a very bad idea, and I learned a very valuable lesson about the dangers of driving under the influence of even a moderate dose of Psychedelics.

I got in my car, and as I was driving out of my apartment, I realized that the road was stretching to the point that it felt like there was about three times as much road as there actually was. When I turned left onto the first street, I kept driving with no problems until I was about halfway to the turn. There, the road stretched to twice its normal width and then shrank back to normal size. This really freaked me out to the point where if I had experienced this kind of stress on a high dose of Psychedelics I probably would've had a full blown panic attack.

I made it the light somehow, and turned left, somehow not hitting the curb or anything else that lay along the road. I don't remember if I saw anything unusual during this last stretch of the drive, and I got to the coffee shop. This next part is painful to talk about, and I can feel the pain resurface this very moment before I type out what happened next, so I'm going to provide a bit of backstory.

The girl I liked was there. We had a very complicated relationship, as we had come very close to hooking up in the past. However, I wound up fooling around with one of her friends, seeing as I was in high school at the time and I cared more about looks (Her friend was hot as hell) than personality (The girl I liked was slightly less hot but still pretty good looking), which is what the girl I liked had, and we clicked well. Anyway, the girl I liked had found out that I had fooled around with her friend, and although we weren't dating at the time and hadn't even fooled around yet, it must have deeply hurt her, because she stopped talking to me after that.

Now, back to the coffee shop. I parked my car and got out, and the usual people were there. I casually sat down but obviously my mind was focused on the fact that I was tripping and that I had just driven while I was tripping. After about five minutes or so I grew very anxious and asked the girl I liked if she could take me home. She said sure and she had another friend follow her in order to take her back to the coffee shop. I had just gotten T-Boned a month back and the guy who fixed my door was high 24/7, which was most likely the reason why, as we were pulling out, my car door randomly flew open, causing the girl to scream.

Really quickly I just want to say that when I think about this night I say to myself "Wow, I did some pretty stupid things back then." but by actually typing this out, I realize that the events of this evening definitely left me with some trauma that I must have suppressed, because typing this out is giving me a weird feeling in my entire body and I can finally admit that this night was more fucked up than I've ever given it credit for.

Anyway, I told her that it was ok, and to slam the door shut. She tried to make small talk with me but I was completely focused on the road. It looked like she was driving in the middle of the freakin road, and I knew that she wasn't and that it was my perception that was off. I was thinking "Oh my god. How the fuck did I drive that far without crashing into anything. What if I hit a mailbox? Oh my god, I probably hit a mailbox. I've gotta drive down the same way I drove tonight tomorrow and look."

The girl obviously knew that I was on something, so she asked me "Smoke a little too much weed?" And I said "No, I'm actually tripping on shrooms." And she was like "Oh. I thought you didn't do that shit anymore." Hearing that then, and typing it now, is incredibly painful. I was so embarrassed, and felt like she wouldn't want anything to do with me anymore after that.

So we got to my house, I got out of the car, obviously completely mindfucked by all of the things that had just happened, and they drove off. I suddenly remembered that I didn't want to be alone and ran up to the side of the road and shouted "Wait!" but they were either too far away or didn't want to deal with me.

I went back into the house and turned on my TV and Metalocalypse was on. The screen was blood red, and the red looked a lot redder than it usually did. At this point I just wanted to go to bed, and since I hadn't taken a high dose, I was able to fall asleep pretty easily.

I woke up the next day perfectly fine, but a little shaken at the fact that I had driven under the influence of a Psychedelic. IMO, looking back on it, it's far more dangerous than even driving black-out drunk, and I'm lucky that no one else was driving on or walking down that road that night.

So that wraps up the first story. Keep in mind that this was just the test dose, and had I been as experienced as I am now, I would've realized that these were really powerful mushrooms with a very rapid onset to peak effects.

Before typing this trip report, I had no idea just how much the events of that night had impacted me. I could feel like pain coming up to the surface while typing certain parts, particularly the part about driving to the coffee shop and the part about the girl that I liked at the time.

I'll post the other trip report on the full dose in another trip report, most likely tomorrow. If you have anything to say to help me integrate the events of that evening, or if you believe that this had a big effect on my mindset going into my full dose trip (Which was 2 days later) then please let me know. Otherwise, let me know what you thought about this. Thanks!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_mushrooms
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_secondtime
exptype_neutral
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't get the whole only dating people because of their looks thing, and have little respect for it. If you did that to me, I would also have stopped talking to you. Mushrooms certainly have a way of making you feel bad about doing shitty stuff. You could absolutly learn from the experience, and try to listen to your conscience a little more. Especially in romantic situations, from what you wrote.

Still, I'm sorry you had a rough experience.

Set and setting are of paramount importance. Mushrooms in particular can be quite challenging. It's best by far to take them with only one or two trusted friends, either watching over you or tripping with you, and at home or in a safe place where you won't run into people unexpectedly.

This sounds like a difficult trip, but one you came out of, hopefully a little wiser. :)