• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pregabalin/Gabapentin

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Sorry if this is the wrong sub forum...

First off are these 2 the same thing ?

I was prescribed pregabalin 150mg a while back but never took them for some reason, ive heard a lot recently about them and would like the communities input about them.

What do they make you feel like, what are the benefits. Are they safe ? Do they work as well as opiates/opiods such as tramdol or codeine ? Im guessing not but i want to be sure before i take them.

Thanks in advance..

No they are not the same thing, but they are similar. Gabapentin came first, and pregabalin is basically a stronger gabapentin 2.0. I've never taken pregabalin as it is still under patent in the United States and costs a left nut, but it is out of patent in the UK. Gabapentin is unscheduled in the US, but pregabalin is in Schedule V.

There's been a lot of hype recently surrounding the "dangers" of gabapentin, but in all cases where gabapentin was involved in an overdose death, the gabapentin was being used to potentiate an opiate high. I have heard of people here on BL taking insane amounts of gabapentin alone, upwards of 5g, with few, if any ill effects. I am prescribed 900mg/day, and I take it all at night because it makes it weirdly dizzy and difficult to focus my eyes if I take it during the day. Some people love it, I personally find it to be a shit high. But it does help me nod off to sleep at night. Hope this answered some of your questions.

30 mg of pregabalin is roughly the same as 300 mg gabapentin. That is a rough estamate of potency.

That is according to the Cleveland Clinic.

I have also read that pregabain is 2-2.5 x stronger then gabapentin. That makes more sense.

Either way, pregabalin is better absorbed and kicks in quicker

That OD stuff is a lot of hype. It can be dangerous, but if used remotely correctly, it is pretty safe.

Combined with downers and alcohol, it is dangerous.

Also, super high doses are pretty dumb. It is not worth it.

It is an aquired taste. I believe it works well.

I have used pregabalin for years. It works well for me. I have seen no benifit going past 1.2g/1,200 mg.

as perscribed it works for general pain.

All the same rules apply like benzodiazepines, etc. It is a downer.

Last edited:
30 mg of pregabalin is roughly the same as 300 mg gabapentin. That is a rough estamate of potency.

That is according to the Cleveland Clinic.

I have also read that pregabain is 2-2.5 x stronger then gabapentin. That makes more sense.

Either way, pregabalin is better absorbed and kicks in quicker

That OD stuff is a lot of hype. It can be dangerous, but if used remotely correctly, it is pretty safe.

Combined with downers and alcohol, it is dangerous.

Also, super high doses are pretty dumb. It is not worth it.

It is an aquired taste. I believe it works well.

I have used pregabalin for years. It works well for me. I have seen no benifit going past 1.2g/1,200 mg.

as perscribed it works for general pain.

All the same rules apply like benzodiazepines, etc. It is a downer.

Ok so im gathering that its good for pain, its not an opiate so obviously wouldnt cause the high, correct ? Just the pain relief... ?

Ok so im gathering that its good for pain, its not an opiate so obviously wouldnt cause the high, correct ? Just the pain relief... ?
Gabapentin/pregabalin, unlike opiates, is not good for all types of pain, only neuropathic pain. And yes, it will give you a buzz. Some people seem to enjoy it. I personally don't care for it.

Im nervous about taking it after what i hear about it, its not exactly for my pain so im unsure why my doctor prescribed it to me. However i dont want them to go to waste, i would like to try one maybe 2 of the 150mg to see what the hype is about and how it works for me.

Can anyone give me a breakdown on the effects it brings after dosing say 150mg-300mg for a first time user.

Gabapentin/pregabalin, unlike opiates, is not good for all types of pain, only neuropathic pain. And yes, it will give you a buzz. Some people seem to enjoy it. I personally don't care for it.

This ''buzz'' your talking about, is it like an opiate buzz ? If not im a bit wary as i always am about new medication.

There is a MegaThread about both of these medications. They work well for neuropathic pain, not so well for other pain. If I understand your previous comment, you would take them if they gave you an opiate high but you are hesitant to take them if they don't? They won't hurt you at the 300 mgs you are considering.

Side effects are blurry vision, tiredness, dizziness and feeling spacey. I can't tell you what they do at higher doses because I never went higher. Pregablin caused me to swell so bad that my legs looked like elephant legs. I stopped taking them and eventually went on the ER version of gabapentin at 600 mgs in the evening and have no side effects other than helping me sleep and relieving the pain in my neck and legs.

Try them if you are experiencing pain, but if you are a newbie to this drug I would suggest keeping your doses low to begin with. I was a space cadet the whole time I was on them and I felt unable to drive safely at the 300 mg mark so keep that in mind, and check the Megathread, I'm sure it would answer all your questions.

There is a MegaThread about both of these medications. They work well for neuropathic pain, not so well for other pain. If I understand your previous comment, you would take them if they gave you an opiate high but you are hesitant to take them if they don't? They won't hurt you at the 300 mgs you are considering.

Side effects are blurry vision, tiredness, dizziness and feeling spacey. I can't tell you what they do at higher doses because I never went higher. Pregablin caused me to swell so bad that my legs looked like elephant legs. I stopped taking them and eventually went on the ER version of gabapentin at 600 mgs in the evening and have no side effects other than helping me sleep and relieving the pain in my neck and legs.

Try them if you are experiencing pain, but if you are a newbie to this drug I would suggest keeping your doses low to begin with. I was a space cadet the whole time I was on them and I felt unable to drive safely at the 300 mg mark so keep that in mind, and check the Megathread, I'm sure it would answer all your questions.

Yes, for instance i will take diazepam as the feeling is nice, however i will never again take zopiclone due to how they make me feel. So thats why i asked about the ''high'' im always wanting to know about this on new medication, i kinda overthink stuff a lot. I have chronic back pain and recently oral surgery which is very sore, i dont have neurological pain as to why i was confused my doctor prescribed me them when i went to pick up my repeat prescription one time.

Most doctors in pain management seem to prescribe either Lyrica or gabapentin for pain, along with various other medications. While they work best for neurological pain, doctors will prescribe it for all types of pain because they aren't narcotics. Two of my sisters are on them also for different types of pain. Go figure. It seems to be a safe route for doctors to go, although pretty soon they will be hard to get once the word is out about how they are being abused.

Most doctors in pain management seem to prescribe either Lyrica or gabapentin for pain, along with various other medications. While they work best for neurological pain, doctors will prescribe it for all types of pain because they aren't narcotics. Two of my sisters are on them also for different types of pain. Go figure. It seems to be a safe route for doctors to go, although pretty soon they will be hard to get once the word is out about how they are being abused.

Just the cheaper option for the doctors to do, safer as you say but on the other hand they can be highly abused and from what ive seen on a documentary its bad.

btw bud i understand and agree i made too many posts about the same thing, deleted all and made 1 with all i need typed into it.

Wary of Pregabs

Okay so i was prescribed these a while back but never took them due to the bad things i heard about them and how they make you feel fucked up or like your intoxicated. I do NOT want to feel like i am intoxicated, i hate it.

So my question here is how do they make you feel alone and how would they make me feel in combination with my daily dose of 300mg codeine and 100-150mg of tramadol per day.

The pregabs i have are 150mg.

It's a very subjective thing whether you'll feel high or not. The only way to know is to start slow and work your way up. If you need them for pain then you should start slow anyway.

It's a very subjective thing whether you'll feel high or not. The only way to know is to start slow and work your way up. If you need them for pain then you should start slow anyway.

My tramadol and codeine feel that they are enough for my pain, but i would like to potenate it if possible, just seeing if lyrica will do this or if it will make me feel worse with it not being an opioid.

Like what does codeine and lyrica feel like ? or tramadol and lyrica ? Is it a pleasent feeling for instance.

New here and stuff and also quite new to Gabapentin and never tried Lyrica. The highest dose of Gabapentin I was about 1500mg spread with opiates and benzos. And this was for H WD as im trying to kick that habit.
But as for the feeling of that combo i felt little buzzing and energetic and awake but also day dreaming a lot but the Gabapentin Imo really helped with the restlessness and Rls a lot through the day but not so the night.

But a buzz that was controllable, hope that helped.

I'm prescribed gabbapentin for opiate w/d. I love it, personally. I can take huge amount of it throughout the day with no problems, some people get knocked out by it. I take 600mg capsules, every 3 hours. Sometimes I'll take two at a time. I've noticed in the past that when I ran out of subs (suboxone), I could just switch to the gabbapentin and it actually helped with my w/d's. Idk, personally, I'm an advocate of it.

The only weird side effect I get is that when I talk, it's like my muscles are fucked and make me stutter. No on else notices, but I do! Talked with the dr about it, no big deal apparently.

Good luck with whatever issue you have causing you to take this medication!

New here and stuff and also quite new to Gabapentin and never tried Lyrica. The highest dose of Gabapentin I was about 1500mg spread with opiates and benzos. And this was for H WD as im trying to kick that habit.
But as for the feeling of that combo i felt little buzzing and energetic and awake but also day dreaming a lot but the Gabapentin Imo really helped with the restlessness and Rls a lot through the day but not so the night.

But a buzz that was controllable, hope that helped.

Are you from the UK?