• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pregabalin/Gabapentin

all i can say about Gabapentin is that it has been a life safer for what i've been using it for. so i really hope it helps you with what your certain need or gain it is looking from from it. But Gabapentin for me is top notch

Pregabalin is far better than gabapentin IMO. Took 2400mg Gaba pd (prescribed) for 2 years for chronic nerve pain. Also it did nothing for my severe anxiety.

Pregabalin is far better for nerve pain and it helps with anxiety.

BTW they are both anti - epilepsy medications. Both of the drugs will potentiate opiates/opiodes and benzos. so great caution is advised.
respiratory failure is the main concern when potentiating. But you probably already know that.

Take care. :)

I have read that the Pregablin is superior to gabapentin, it's just the price here by my side that puts me off

If you react to them ike me they will make you intoxicated. The effects are hard to describe as they are quite unique. The first time especially is intense and the long come up ensure's accidental redosing. Be warned the first 75mg kicked in just after I took the second capsule.

Some effects were unnoticeable, like on reaction time an participation. Until you almost drive your self under a car and realize it. But as General Anxiety reducer that's not a benzo it worked great. And as far a dosages go 300 mg is a hefty dose. 1200 mg is ridiculous!

I find that gabapentin works well with opiates but on its own does nothing for me.

I cant quote you on that one yet but the two do have an awesome synergy and add a benozo and its happy times. But soon i will be on the gabapentin train only and i will let you know from my personal exp

Btw i forgot to mention that i am now on 300mg Pregabalin PD. But sometimes take more if i have it. Far more effective than 2400mg Gabapentin. Have done up to 1050mg Pregabalin in a day with 20mg Diazepam. Was nice. I wouldn't recommend going above 900mg pregab. Some people can take crazy amounts. But some people can seizure at the dose i took with opiods or benzo's. so be safe.

Also when taking with benzo's OR opiates/opiods. Always stagger your gabanoids. Split into 2, 3 or 4 seperate doses. Otherwise you are wasting good meds whilst still building tolerance.

Oh and don't bother snorting it. Might seem fun but it's pretty pointless.

Have fun, and if your new to the drug. start low.

Be safe gabafiends

Always stagger your gabanoids. Split into 2, 3 or 4 seperate doses.

Oh and don't bother snorting it. Might seem fun but it's pretty pointless.
^ Yeah, snorting has been brought up a few times as well as sublingual & plugging.

We've had hundreds of posts/ tips for maximizing Gabapentin's impact, but the consensus seems to place the highest importance on staggering , small snacks preferably with protein and fat (like a dab of peanut butter) with each dose to assist with the amino acid transport (helps a tad) and finally the realization that absorption drops with increasing doses as AA transporters saturate. People taking 300mg are getting the most, people taking 10 grams are dosing their toilet..

Here's the science behind my oversimplification:

Dose BA's:
Oral Bioavailability

Gabapentin bioavailability is not dose proportional; i.e., as dose is increased, bioavailability decreases. Bioavailability of gabapentin is approximately 60%, 47%, 34%, 33%, and 27% following 900, 1200, 2400, 3600, and 4800 mg/day given in 3 divided doses, respectively. Food has only a slight effect on the rate and extent of absorption of gabapentin (14% increase in AUC and Cmax). https://www.drugs.com/pro/neurontin.html#S12.3

Some not so fun facts for you Hydrocodone & GP users. Morphine & GP users are exempt though.

https://www.drugs.com/pro/neurontin.html#S12.3
Hydrocodone
Coadministration of Neurontin (125 to 500 mg; N=48 ) decreases hydrocodone (10 mg; N=50) Cmax and AUC values in a dose-dependent manner relative to administration of hydrocodone alone; Cmax and AUC values are 3% to 4% lower, respectively, after administration of 125 mg Neurontin and 21% to 22% lower, respectively, after administration of 500 mg Neurontin. The mechanism for this interaction is unknown. Hydrocodone increases gabapentin AUC values by 14%. The magnitude of interaction at other doses is not known.

Morphine
A literature article reported that when a 60 mg controlled-release morphine capsule was administered 2 hours prior to a 600 mg Neurontin capsule (N=12), mean gabapentin AUC increased by 44% compared to gabapentin administered without morphine. Morphine pharmacokinetic parameter values were not affected by administration of Neurontin 2 hours after morphine. The magnitude of interaction at other doses is not known.

I want to play a game. The key is located behind your eyeball, you have 60 seconds to remove your eyeball and retrieve the key before the mask on your head will decapitate you.

Jk lol, but for real I have learned my lesson with gabapentin. My advice is don?t take more than 600 mgs per dose. When you take over 2 grams at once, at least for me, I get horrendous nausea the next morning. Almost guaranteed puke be careful

Yes, start at a low dose, and see how your body reacts to them. Like 30 mg or so. Wait till the next day, and see if you got any I'll effects. I take 800 mg Gabapentin three times a day. Even while at work. I am used to them and worked my way up to that level. Max recommend mg a day for Gabapentin is 3200 mg a day. I have fibromyalgia, TMJ, and 3 compressed virtabre in my kneck. They help some, but rather have Soma. Docs just don't want to give out controlled substances, so have to get my Somas on the street when available.

While finding the right dose obviously varies, I've had good luck with using for two weeks followed by a two week break as long as my symptoms allow. The tolerance builds so fast that after two weeks I get diminishing returns and set myself up for WD's. But after a two week "clean out" the magic comes back, tolerance is low and even though it's onset can be glacially slow I have a much greater sense of it's pleasant effects.