• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

why heroin?

Maximas55

Greenlighter
does anyone here believe that the heroine epidemic is so bad because it's so easy to make? if other things (like stimulants) were easier to get ahold of, would we lose less people to heroin overdoses?

Meth is every bit as easy to get ahold of as heroin, and much easier to make. The biggest problem with opioids is there isn't any regulation because it's illegal, and can be substituted with much cheaper, much more powerful chemicals. Stimulants don't really have that problem, but come with a lot of thier own issues.

Heroin is not really that easy to make since its not 100% synthetic. I think its just a perception that there is a "epidemic" because of the media choosing to put it out, other drugs have not gone away they are just not getting reported on.

Having said that I am considering Heroin as Diamorphine, I'm sure dealers are peddling other substances like Fentanyl and calling them Heroin.

Indeed, heroin requires vast fields of poppys to make on any large scale. Methamphetamine doesn't. So it's only easy to make in places where you can get away with growing huge fields of poppys. Only a few places in the world are suitable both climactically and legally. Which is why almost all the worlds heroin is imported from those locations.

We would lose less people to heroin overdose if the government and society would accept legalization. But they won't for the foreseeable future. So that's that.

heroin just kills a lot more people. if meth was as deadly we would be banning adderall and panicking about that.

heroin isn't that easy to make. fent is though which is basically what all the heroin on the northeast coast is

The market is flooded with fent and it's analogues because they are so much easier to make than heroin. You don't need hundreds of acres of poppies for fent, just chemistry knowledge and a small lab to churn out moderate quantities of an extremely potent opiate. Which you can then move at much lower risk since even just 10 grams of the stuff can make tens of thousands of individual doses.

It's not that stimulants are hard to get it's just "heroin" is too easy to get and too potent.

^ yep.

i don't think stimulants and opiates occupy the same place in the drug economy.

if they did, the easy availability of stimulants (dexamphetamine, adderal and whatever else) might discourage people from using heroin or seeking out oxycodone, hydromorphone or whatever else.

Here by me H is one of the easiest things to get next Kat and Crystal. But H is all over on every corner when you drive into town.
It's just the quality the varies. But still the easiest most widely sold street drug around here. So i guess it just differs from place to place.

^Same here Heroin is everywhere and a year ago I wouldn't have known. Luckily, I haven't heard of any fentanyl deaths because Black tar is the consistency around here, but I'm just waiting for it to happen.

Dude, I could go to the drug store across the street and make okay meth in about 30 minutes. I can't make heroin or fentanyl.

It's different because painkillers and stimulants are totally different experiences. Your doctor gives you painkillers. It occupies an entirely different part of the average peron's mind.

^Same here Heroin is everywhere and a year ago I wouldn't have known. Luckily, I haven't heard of any fentanyl deaths because Black tar is the consistency around here, but I'm just waiting for it to happen.

I don't think we'll see as much fent in black tar.

The opioid epidemic has many factors.

At one point doctors were supposedly over prescribing opiates. (Maybe they were prescribing the correct amount and DEA wanted a budget raise, who knows. There certainly was fraud in this regard in some states, particularly Florida.)

Anyways the DEA cracked down reducing the supply and raising the price of clean pharmaceutical opiates, driving users to the street opiate (heroin.)

Now at the time heroin was not that bad (it was generally heroin with various levels of cut.)

Since then the drug supply had been painted with fentanyl and people are dropping like flies.

From a psychological stand point, i think a lot of people have trouble with anxiety more so than lack of stimulation. For example, social media and technology in general over stimulates people, and not to mention the pressure put on young adults to achieve, now that upward mobility is easier because of the internet.