• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

New seedlings!! New problems ?

I had a whole reply but my phone messed up ugh.

They did start out in peat pods the transferred the pods into the solo cup after they sprouted.
The soil is organic, not the MiracleGro crap I used last time.
They are starting to wilt, I think due to the incredible heat here where I live, or is that maybe because I topped it too early?
Either way, tomorrow a proper watering and extra nutes.

I had a whole reply but my phone messed up ugh.

They did start out in peat pods the transferred the pods into the solo cup after they sprouted.
The soil is organic, not the MiracleGro crap I used last time.
They are starting to wilt, I think due to the incredible heat here where I live, or is that maybe because I topped it too early?
Either way, tomorrow a proper watering and extra nutes.

I dont think you need to be adding extra nutrients at this stage. Just leave them alone until they're about 6 inches tall. They need to get established first.

I think from personal exp the plants are looking good. Sometimes in the sprouting and early growing fazes they seem slightly deformed but that sorts it out after a while or at least in my exp. Plus as for topping i only do that after 3-4 nodes have developed.

Thanks! Do you think they can wait another week til transplanting?
I already topped the larger one but am not going to top the other one for at least another 7 days.
They seem to be growing incredibly fast, they are only 1wk in from sprouting.

Does it matter if I transplant in the morning vs night? I'm thinking morning so I can water after transplanting right?

They do look hungry, but other than that they look ok. What are you feeding/watering them, and in what soil? Using reverse osmosis water and then checking and adjusting pH alone can make wonders of difference. Make sure you have drain holes poked in the bottom of the cup as well. You should probably look into the ideal pH for whatever medium you are using. Hydro is 5.5-5.8, coco is 5.9-6.2. You'll find varying opinions on this because a lot of other factors will come into play, so find what works best for you but it will be within a general window for given medium.

They could potentially stay in those cups for another month or three. At some point it will start to limit plant growth but as long as you keep them well fed they will stay happy. Probably want to break up the rootball a little when you transplant, but to give you an idea- I've seen plants 1-2ft tall growing in a 1x1in cube, and plants 6ft tall from 6x6in cubes. Because transplanting stresses the plant, it is probably a good idea to nurse the plant back to health before putting it under more stress.

Also, bigger is not always better when it comes to planter size. Depending on your technique/style, bigger planters/medium may actually be problematic. There is a perfect balance somewhere between too much and too little moisture for the plants. When learning it's likely you will make mistakes and notice your plants aren't responding well to a feeding. If you have a smaller medium, it will be easier to flush the medium, allow time to dry and feed the plants a new mix. Bigger pots a great if you know how to amend your soil and plan on growing monsters. It can make for low soil maintenance, but if you are planning on feeding 1-2+ times per day, smaller mediums are preferred.

As far as timing, morning would be best so you can water after but any time during the day will be fine. I've done rooms with hundreds where we are working through out the day and you can't tell a difference with one day.

After you have transplanted them and topped them. Try tying down the bottom leaves with some pipe cleaner just open the plant more fro extra sunlight or your indoor light depending on your grow style