Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Modified release oxycontin pills IV

Rivercitybandit

Greenlighter
Recently ive come across alot of these modified release oxys. These are not the golden coloured ones (targen) that you cannot mix up so if your looking for that look elsewhere. The 80mgs are green and the 40s are yellow although they contain layers of wax in them. I learnt some of this info online and most of it on the street. I have mixed up as many as 4 times 80mg in one shot with no problems.

Firstly you need: a soft drink can any will work, scissors or knife, lighter, plenty of swabs, filters, sterile water, at least 5ml barrels, tips or if you prefer (personally i do) butterfly clips, drawing up tips (19g) or wheel filters (optional)

Steps 1: cut the bottom of the can halfway across in a semicircle. Then push the metal inwards so if flipped upside down it should be stable and the bottom exposed for heating like a big cooker. Now clean the bottom of the can with a swab to remove the ink stamp

Step 2: use swabs to clean the coating of thr pills off, then put them in the can cooker and crush them with the base of a lighter or crush them between 2 spoons and empty powder into the can cooker. Then depending on how many pills i say 2ml per pill and add to the mix

Step 3: get 2 swabs and rip them in half but leave the swabs in their packets then roll into a cylinder then light thrm up like a candle and use that to cook the pills until it completely dissolves and you can see the wax layer looks like oil seperated from water and mix it around with the bottom of a needle barrel.

Step 4: using cold water preferably even water kept in fridge add 1 to 1.5ml of cold water and you should see all the wax solidify immediately.

Step 5: throw a filter in and draw it up using drawing up tip (19g). Once its all drawn up clean the cooker out andwash all the junk out of it then squirt the mixtute back into the clean cooker and throw a new fresh filter in and draw it up a second time just to be sure its free of any chalk or wax that can block it. Alternatively and preferably if you have a wheel filter firstly squirt water through it then after drawing up the mixtute initially from the can then squirt it through the wheel filter

Step 6: attach butterfly clip or IV tip (26-28g) and squirt out air bubbles and shoot away.

Please note its always reccommended and preferred people don't shoot pills but this is a guide for people who do and are having trouble with modified wax release pills

I lack injecting experience and am hoping that some people with more experience will have some input on ways to make this process safer.

With that said, there are a couple of things you have said which I think need to be addressed. First, with regard to step 5, you should only be doing this if you have a wheel filter. It is unsafe to shoot pills without a wheel filter, using a cotton filter and the like is not going to cut it for this type of thing. Second, you mention using heat to break down the tablets, heating up tablets for injection is a bad idea because it can cause undesirable things to dissolve in the solution. Ideally, you would want to use a method which does not require you to heat the tablets. I expect that there are other areas in which the technique you have outlined can be improved, and I hope that others will chime in with constructive criticism.

Personally, I think it is probably wishful thinking to suppose there is any truly safe way to inject pills which have such robust anti abuse mechanisms built in to them. I know that people are going to do it anyway, so we can at least try and ensure that those individuals have the knowledge to go about it in the safest way possible.

Some interesting reading on why heating is not needed when using proper filtration. Proper filtration being a Rollie pre-filter followed by a .22um syringe filter.

An excellent PDF on pill injecting practices and the percentages of what gets through from utas.edu.au: Pill filtration Workup

s-l225.jpg

Written for opiophile, but decided I'd post it here as well :)
Introduction & Context
I recently attended a pill injection workshop in Australia, among the people at this workshop, there was a man called Dr. Bruno Raimondo, him and his team are running research into opioid pills such as OxyContin, MSContin and Subutex and the effectiveness of filtering. In the morphine forum I already summarized a document he did, I managed to obtain a copy of the slides he used at the presentation, although he has not released the formal version (which I will link to when he has) of the research, the slides he has emailed me are sufficient for the information people need to know.
Too long didn't read:
Don't heat pills, 2-3ml of water soaking your finely powdered pill, with a 1ml rinse through your filter (SHOULD be using a wheel filter) will give you the best results. Wheel filters are necessity they don't retain any drug (95-99% is let through, cotton filters let through less). Expect health problems down the road if you shoot cotton filtered pills.
Harms of pill injection
Injecting pills (or anything) can result in contaminants entering your body such as insoluble particles or bacteria and fungi. These things can irritate and inflame tissue and veins, cause infections in skin/muscle (granuloma, abscess). They can also result in local and systemic infection from the bacteria/fungi.

Insoluble and undissolved particles can cause microcirculation capillaries (5-10um) to become blocked, they clog up in the heart and lungs. Granulomas in the lungs are caused by inflammation which leads to scar tissue (fibrosis). Congmomerate masses lead to restrictive lung disease and pulmonary hypertension. The particles also reach other organs (liver, kidney etc).

Key particles in pills (OxyContin, MSContin, Subutex)
iMr8h.png

Other insoluble particles included are:
Magnesium stearate (5-30um)
Titanium dioxide (100um clumps) (ms, oxy)
Other particles that change form in heat are:
Stearyl alcohol MP is 59*C (ms, oxy)
Eudragit RS 30D clumps at >30*C (oxy)

All these particles cause problems in your heart, lungs and other organs, the chemicals that change form in heart are the reasons why pills should NOT be heated, and you will soon find out there is no advantage to heating.

Why pills shouldn't be heated
hvsyT.png

As you can see, of these images under a microscope, heating pill solutions cause enormous particles to dissolve in the mix. These particles will pass through the filter when hot (wheel or cotton) and re-congeal, precipitating out in your filtered mix or veins.

Ok so I shouldn't heat, what about Rollie cigarette filter filtering (or cotton).
nSWUr.png

For comparison: MSContin rollies reduce particles >5um by 60%.

What about the drug retained?
yojge.png

For subutex 97% of the drug is returned in this process.
Drug is not retained in the filter after this, even if the filter is wet.
Wheel filters (and why they rock!)
Here is the solution of two pills under a microscope before and after wheel filtering
DDFwZ.png

But how many particles are removed by the wheel filters?
XMv7e.png

But what about drug recovery
MLOuC.png

For subutex drug recovery is 99%
*Note: One of the researches reminded me to say that when they first did these tests, their technique with wheel filters was poor, and that morphine recovery is more like 95-99%

So as you can see, using wheel filters removes all the particles that cause harm (basically), with a rinse of water after first filter, you can retain 95-99% of the drug (better then a cotton/rollie filter) while removing 99% of the particles that cause harm, and heating is generally a bad idea that does NOT help at all, and does more harm then good.
Note: Hand rolled cigarette filters filter to about 50um.

Another document for the national drug safety council, which focused mainly on morphine and wheel filters, also contains a lot of information. It is located here.

It is true that a piece of rollie cig filter will filter your solution better than a tiny piece of cotton, it is not true that using cig filters or cotton in any way will come close to what a micron filter will do for your health.

Anything less that a mic filter is not enough when using pills and even some street drugs.

I shot oxy with cotton for a few years and am suffering the consequences of it now. I have "Pharma-Frostbite" or clogged capillaries in my extremities which causes my hands to be always freezing, I believe there is also a lot of damage that I dont know about yet(so far I can still get it up fine but im worried about when I get older :( ). This "Pharma-frostbite" came on quite awhile after I stopped injecting oxy and has gotten worse, its especially bad in winter.

i've had some pretty fucking unsafe IV practices, it's just even before they cut a large chunk of abscess out of my thigh, i didn't go around advertising them.
also, for the love of fuck, never, ever have anything you're injecting come into contact with saliva. of all the shit ideas i've heard that is one of the top three.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Take note i did say to add cold water after heating it to recongeal all the wax and crap. I shudder to think of all the damage ive caused over the years. Especially shooting large volumes of methadone.

It's never too late to start using micron filters. Another benefit is that .22 microns is small enough to filter out bacteria which means the chances of cotton fever are greatly reduced. If you have any questions about using them, prices, sources or anything at all feel free to pm me.