• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Meth withdrawal is worse than death

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
Is it normal to reach a point in meth use where suicide is preferable over withdrawal? Its day 38 sober from me in rehab and I still feel burnt up from using meth.

Is it normal to reach a point in meth use where suicide is preferable over withdrawal? Its day 38 sober from me in rehab and I still feel burnt up from using meth.

Roughly half of people who quit long-term psychostimulant abuse will have their D2 receptors fully regenerated after six months. The other half will need 1-2 years, so you aren't even close to your brain even being recovered, let alone had time to work on your emotional/mental issues.

Roughly half of people who quit long-term psychostimulant abuse will have their D2 receptors fully regenerated after six months. The other half will need 1-2 years, so you aren't even close to your brain even being recovered, let alone had time to work on your emotional/mental issues.

Surely meth use will tend towards a year too... Wow.

You people who do meth don't even get physically sick, you are lucky ! I had to withdrawal off oxy while pregnant . Try being pregnant with restless legs for weeks and not being able to sleep when you need to the most. We all must pay the price eventually .

If the person doesn't stay hydrated properly, or get some shut eye between their binges. They will be physically sick. Maybe not vomiting, but body aches, headaches, feeling weak all over, fatigue, etc. Those are the physical effects that I hear people complain about the most. You're definitely right, "we all must pay the price eventually." That's the cost of the game we play

You people who do meth don't even get physically sick, you are lucky ! I had to withdrawal off oxy while pregnant . Try being pregnant with restless legs for weeks and not being able to sleep when you need to the most. We all must pay the price eventually .

Other than being physically exhausted for extremely long periods of time, regardless of how much sleep you get, and sleeping 18 hours a day, making it impossible to work a job... Meth is more psychologically addicting than you can ever imagine, believe me, we aren't lucky.

Hey Cyberius,

Long, drawn out w/d is miserable. No matter what drug you've used. It's brutal.

I used to do meth a long time ago. I snorted it, I know using it IV is a whole different ballgame. I used to be constantly exhausted and couldn't enjoy myself without it.

You're doing really well. 38 days is awesome. Hang in there. I'm sure to things will eventually get better as your brain and body heals.

It takes a long time to get your brain back to normal to where it used to be bud, please hang in there. Congrats on the 38 days that is really impressive and you should know this is an awesome achievement. I used to hate the mental/physical exhaustion that happened through w/d and felt like I wanted to find a way out of what is an incredibly complicated time in your life. The way I see it, we are all swimming to the top of the water to stop drowning in addiction. Keep swimming upwards man, towards the light and towards happiness and a better life.

This is a really unhelpful comment. When you are in oxy withdrawal, would it help you if someone said "Ha! You're pretty lucky! I was in xanax withdrawal, and it was way worse then what you are going through now!"

Other than being physically exhausted for extremely long periods of time, regardless of how much sleep you get, and sleeping 18 hours a day, making it impossible to work a job... Meth is more psychologically addicting than you can ever imagine, believe me, we aren't lucky.

Ignore them. The people who want to play "I've suffered more than you!" are pathetic. What is your lifestyle like at the moment? Do you do any exercise? What's your diet like??

I've been clean for almost a year, so I'm fine, was just pointing it out.

The people who want to play "I've suffered more than you!" are pathetic.
Last time I was in detox some 19-20 year old gangsta wannabes thought they were totally badass because they were there for IV heroin use while I was "only" coming off of alcohol and benzos. Ridiculous. And stupid.

What Im saying is, is meth withdrawal known to be so dramatic and traumatic that I'd rathet kill myself than do it again?

Hey Cyber , sorry I was rude earlier . Wanted to say that's awesome that you have made it this far and keep up the good work. Like you said remember how hard it was to quit the next time you are tempted to use .

This is a really unhelpful comment. When you are in oxy withdrawal, would it help you if someone said "Ha! You're pretty lucky! I was in xanax withdrawal, and it was way worse then what you are going through now!"

Yes I was wrong in my reply and I apologize . Don't act all high and might though Rio , I have seen you go off on people and be rude around these forums , we all have bad days :)

I beg to differ. 3 years iv meth and 30 days sober tomorrow the flu like symptoms and dizzy spells have just now s7bsided. I was addicted to Black tar heroin for 8 years. Kicked in jail at least a dozen or more times. This was worse. Hang in there buddy. You got this

I've been addicted to meth IV and heroin IV and have detox off both together and separately (been clean from both for almost three years) and let me tell you! They both have shitty withdrawals. I got to say opiate and benzo withdrawals are the worst but meth cravings were horrendous the first year. And the depression from being off both? Fuck I'm just start g to feel better

Yes I was wrong in my reply and I apologize . Don't act all high and might though Rio , I have seen you go off on people and be rude around these forums , we all have bad days :)

that's not like me at all! I have never had any disagreements in my entire time on this forum !!

how you coping, cyberius? the depression still gnarly or is it lifting?

Iv Meth withdrawal is terrible. Was clean a year but the cravings never disappeared. Just had a slip up. I iv'd .15 dry heaved and tweaked on the floor for 8 hours looking for imaginary dope. Finished up the gram Now I'm back to square one fiending idk why it has such control over me

Ok, so between 2:00am and 10:00am I smoked some but mainly snorted .75g. I’m at work and the comedown is hitting me and my Gabapentin is at home. If I snort some more will I delay the comedown for awhile, hopefully until the end of my shift?
e