• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

can't stop bouncing around trying to avoid PAWS

Tryn2findAbalnce43

Greenlighter
Hello all,I have been having some serious trouble stopping opiates and addictive behaviors in general.
7 weeks ago i came off of suboxone after a year of use, starting at 2mg for 8 months, and tapered down to .5 in a course of a couple months. Finally jumping off the suboxone, I initially used kratom to do so, starting at a dose enough to take away withdrawal symptoms (about 5grams) and tapering down over 2 weeks. getting close to the end of my krater taper i had some horrible insomnia starting. I found a sleep supplement to try by the name of Somatomax by high tech pharmaceuticals. my sports nutrition store recommended it to me. it worked wonders and allowed me to get sleep. great sleep at that. i even felt buzzed the next morning. if i didn't take the supplement i couldn't sleep at all. after about 2 weeks of taking this i looked further into the supplement and realized that it had a hefty dose (2-3 grams) of phenibut in it. this was very disheartening due to realizing i had just switched one addiction for another unknowingly and unwillingly. if i would've known this i would have stayed far away from it. Thinking it was a natural supplement to help sleep, i began to panic at reading up about phenibut and the horrible side affects and withdrawal symptoms that it causes. even at just taking it for more than 3 days in a row i read that withdrawal is a bitch. hearing the physical and mental dependence to phenibut could be way worse than opiates. I was able to taper down and finally kick off of the Somatomax while using Lyrica for sleep once i fully discontinued. Lyrica seemed to help me get about 4-5 hours of sleep total. with waking up every 30 min or so. Lots of sweating and discomfort, RLS, Racing thoughts. Weird ass delusions.
I was starting to feel decent with using lyrica for sleep and was able to use the lyrica for about a week before i got so run down and brain fogged that i broke down I had been sitting on about 30 Tramadol for emergency and at the time i broke down and decided to take some to just get a good night of sleep. I took 4 50mg Tramadol totaling 200mg. I actually got super euphoric and loved it more than i should have. this sparked my addictive behavior again and i have currently been taking 250mg a day for about a week now.
My question is, Will i be restarting over on my PAWS and back to battling for any sleep at all whatsoever? Or will it not be so bad considering i have only been on the trams for about 6 days not exceeding 250mg (5 pills)? I am determined to be off of everything and have big plans going for me coming soon. (Future marriage) I work 9-10 hour days 5 days a week and sleep is my best friend. when i don't have sleep i literally just can't function. Considering i haven't had any opiates since quitting the kratom about 3 weeks ago, i am curious as to what to expect once i finish the Tramadol that i have?
Any help, advice, or input will be greatly appreciated.

You would have been better off just jumping off that dose of .5 bupe. Keeping all that Tramadol was a bad idea since your goal was quitting opiates. Get rid of them and they won't help with sleep anyway. Have you tried low dose antihistamines like diphenhydramine?

The tramadol has helped tremendously with sleep as i am taking them right before bed. but I've only got a couple more days left with them. in which i may just try to taper with the remaining.
I have tried diphenhydramine and it seemed to just increase the restlessness and the delirious state i get in at night trying to sleep.
My main concern is will i be restarting from square one on PAWS or will it just be a couple days of discomfort and i can pick back up where i left off on my recovery?
at this point looking back, i should've just trashed the tram. but hindsight is always 20/20.
Considering i have only been on the tramadol for around 7 days now, I'm just curious as to what to expect?
Granted i know every person is different and will react differently.

Curious to see what the results were for you? Just started taking Tramadol to wean off Oxy. Worked great for 3 days, 4th day now and a bit harder. I know I won't escape WD, just thought hopefully will be less since it's Tramadol and not Oxy, still had some mild Oxy WD with Tramadol as I switched over from 60mg Oxy to 200 mg Tramadol