Need informational "how-to's" for the Auto-Save feature

TexUSA

Bluelighter
I initially wanted to find out informational "how-to's for the Auto-Saved feature. I had a long well-crafted message I was planning on sending to a friend via PM and it somehow got deleted as I was getting ready to send. Was pissed off about it :X and bitched and moaned to my friend when she suggested something about the Auto-Save feature. Wasn't familiar with it and looked in the places she told me about and still couldn't find anything on it. Didn't even know how to check to see if it was turned on or not, (still don't). I finally figured out that part of my problem was that I'd been using my Android smartphone since joining about a week ago so I wasn't seeing the full site features. So I'm now on my laptop and made sure to be in full site mode. Went to Site Technical Help forum and searched for Auto-Save posts and couldn't really find anything useful so I decided to post a new thread. As soon as I started typing I started seeing a yellow box occasionally popping up in the bottom right corner of the grey dialogue box that said "Auto-Saved". So this is good; now I know it's on and I need to be in full-site mode (on laptop) for it to be working. But, lets say something happens and I need to recover my Auto-Saved content. This is really all I need to know now. Thanks in advance for any help.

TexUSA

Update: Well, now I know how to recover my Auto-Saved content. After I finished composing my post above I clicked on "preview post" and all I got next was a blank screen, (Gasp!). I clicked on the back button and my dialogue box was there but it was empty. Then I noticed at the bottom left corner of dialogue box was now a new box that said something like, "Recover Auto-Saved Content". I clicked on it and BOOM there was my message re-populated in the dialogue box. Mission Accomplished! I guess this post can now just be a learning post for anyone not knowing how to use it.

Last edited: